Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baby Blizzard Bear

sagscosagsco St Louis, MOPosts: 6Member

There are many of us out there, that LOVE the Baby Blizzard Bear that was put out there for WOW's 4th anniversery and has never been seen since. This bear was hughely popular and there are so many ppl out there that wish that they had one. This is the BLIZZARD bear.  A great mascot, companion, and over all symbol of World of Warcraft. I have talked to a number of GMs online on this topic, and they are amazed, [becasue of the demand] that the bear has not been brought back. I suggested that it  be put on the Pet venue for a fee, like the mounts.

Because the Development Team is responsible for  these items. PLEASE, PLEASE, bring him back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• TiiKiiTiiKii Durango, COPosts: 162Member Uncommon

Its been so long and YES I do second this! That lil bear was so cute!

Did you also put this to the WoW forums to see what they say? :)

"Huntress"

• sagscosagsco St Louis, MOPosts: 6Member

That has been put on the WOW forums SO many times, for a couple of years, and no one pays any attention to it. Apparently no one on the the Blizzard side, is interesting in the bear or the forum.

• TiiKiiTiiKii Durango, COPosts: 162Member Uncommon

Originally posted by sagsco

That has been put on the WOW forums SO many times, for a couple of years, and no one pays any attention to it. Apparently no one on the the Blizzard side, is interesting in the bear or the forum.

Now .. why does this not surprise me :(

"Huntress"

• CaldenforCaldenfor Meredith, NHPosts: 133Member

Perhaps it is actually intended to be a collectible not available to everyone? You missed out that time, hopefully you get something cool down the line.

If everyone has one, it's value, even if untradeable, is lost.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member

amazed, [becasue of the demand] that the bear has not been brought back.

The gamer reaction is predictable:

"I've had my bear for four years, it is special, it is unique; now ANY scrub can buy one.  You're destroying its uniqueness and ruining my experience."

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Kansas City, MOPosts: 4,844Member Common

Originally posted by Caldenfor

Perhaps it is actually intended to be a collectible not available to everyone? You missed out that time, hopefully you get something cool down the line.

If everyone has one, it's value, even if untradeable, is lost.

Exactly.  If you weren't there for the 4th anniversary.....I'm sorry.  But why should Blizzard ruin the special feeling of having that bear for those of us that were?  Can you tell me that?  Put yourself in our shoes.  You obviously think it's something cool, so....what if you were one of the ones to have it.  How would you feel about them just making it available for EVERYONE, including people that didn't bother to show up on the day they were given?  Be sure to show up next anniversary so you don't miss something else, but.....you missed this one.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member Uncommon

I worked my ass of to get the Argent Dawn Tabard the first time it was available. I was only lvl 56 when I got it (took friends to help me with the mobs) so I wore that thing proudly for a couple of years. Then, they made it available again (and easier to obtain as I recall) and everyone and their dog has one now. Now, it's not special at all.

What few things are left to be bragged about need to be left alone.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

In reading the respnses about the uniquiness of the Baby Blizzard Baby,  I agree with all of you whole heartly! The Baby Blizzard Bear IS special! However, what I was thinking of is just a baby bear. One of my toons, is plaing in Mount Hyal, and in the inferno, there are baby brown bears running around outside the inferno. They are equall as cute. Having a baby bear is like having a puppy follow you around, that is tenor of a companion that I would like to see; instead of Moonkins. Moonkins are cute, but it would be great to see a larger selection. These are digital, however there is a larger selection of figurines.

• CeridithCeridith Posts: 2,980Member Common

If there's enough demand I'm sure they'll make the baby Blizzard bear available again...

For $10 in the pet store.

That is just it, Cerdith. there is TONS of demand, for the baby bear. What do you think we could do that would incite the game devolpers on WOW,  to put out another in the pet bear venue? Besides the hugh demand, which is already out there?

Originally posted by Icewhite

amazed, [becasue of the demand] that the bear has not been brought back.

The gamer reaction is predictable:

"I've had my bear for four years, it is special, it is unique; now ANY scrub can buy one.  You're destroying its uniqueness and ruining my experience."

I find that interesting that you had it for 4 years, as it only came out in 2009,  for the 4th WOW anniversery. And that was two and a half years ago..........

• marinridermarinrider Tomball, TXPosts: 1,556Member Uncommon

That is just it, Cerdith. there is TONS of demand, for the baby bear. What do you think we could do that would incite the game devolpers on WOW,  to put out another in the pet bear venue? Besides the hugh demand, which is already out there?

Dont encourage blizzard to put more stuff for crazy high prices in their cash shop... Your paying a subscription based MMORPG, start acting like it.

LOL, awww come on, 10 bucks isn't too much to pay for a little ball of affection following all of my 6 toons around.

• marinridermarinrider Tomball, TXPosts: 1,556Member Uncommon

LOL, awww come on, 10 bucks isn't too much to pay for a little ball of affection following all of my 6 toons around.

It is when there are 2 other bear cubs you can get in game.

http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/mammals/bears/

10 bucks is 66% of a months subscription.  There are tons of pets you can already get in game, and blizzard already makes tons of money by doing nothing with your subscription money, why would you want to give them more instead of demanding that they add something similar in game, for a "vet" reward, for an event reward, or for an aniversary reward?