Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transformers Universe: A Pre-NYComicon Sneak Peek

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com Community Manager Mike Bitton is one of the lucky few to get an advanced look at Jagex's Transformers Universe a day ahead of the annual New York Comicon. Check out what Mike discovered during this press event and then let us know what you think in the comments.

The event kicked off with a demo of the latest trailer for Transformers Universe, which was rendered entirely in-engine using the game’s graphics. The trailer hit all the right notes, getting us excited to choose a side (Autobots or Deceptions) and do battle. Two Transformers were shown beating the crap out of each other in the video, and we were told they were both of the game’s Brawler class. One of the Transformers was wielding some crazy buzzsaw weapon and really went to town on the other. The action looked pretty good and the graphics were certainly impressive.

Read more of Mike Bitton's Transformers Universe: A Pre-NYComicon Sneak Peek.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Color me mildly interested. For me, the character creator will be the deal-breaker; glad to hear it will be available at NYCC.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

Launch in 2012?  How long has it been in development? I don't expect this to reach AAA status.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by fansede

Launch in 2012?  How long has it been in development? I don't expect this to reach AAA status.

I believe development started earlier this year. It's fairly early from what I can tell.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by fansede

It's just a browser game.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Where is the in-game engine trailer that you're talking about? Any links? Nothing on youtube yet..

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

So just because it is a browers game means nothing. Brower games are getting mroe and more advanced over the years and the graphics are getting pretty amazing in them

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

no need for the hype..but im sure the site will get paid for adv. prolly the only reason its being reported, but still..its just a browser game nothing to get excited about

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by syrusmag3

So just because it is a browers game means nothing. Brower games are getting mroe and more advanced over the years and the graphics are getting pretty amazing in them

For tech demos yeah, but i've yet to see an actual game that doesnt look rubbish yet. Just take a look at Battlestar Galactica for a recent example, it's made on what is supposed to be one of the best engines for browser based games but still managed to look like something from the 90s.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by syrusmag3

For tech demos yeah, but i've yet to see an actual game that doesnt look rubbish yet. Just take a look at Battlestar Galactica for a recent example, it's made on what is supposed to be one of the best engines for browser based games but still managed to look like something from the 90s.

True. Browser games look 'okay' at best. Especially in comparison with, what I would call, gamers games (PC/Console). Gamers games being games in which I would actually be interested in, as a gamer. I don't buy a rig or a console to play browser games.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

One word: Dinobots.

• cybrinsanitycybrinsanity Member Posts: 106

this looks like ass!!

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by BTrayaL

Where is the in-game engine trailer that you're talking about? Any links? Nothing on youtube yet..

Only shown behind closed doors for now. May be shown to the public at the show, not sure. There are stills from the trailer in the article though.

• Grand_NagusGrand_Nagus Member UncommonPosts: 335

My question is sub or F2P?

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186

Pics look like they went for the Bayformer look..

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Horrible:

1. Browser based

2. aweful graphics

3. can you become Cybertron oder Megatron? If so doesn't fit the lore.

4. please Hasbro take back your IP don't let them ruin on it cause they think they could make a quick buck with the former great IP. The movies have been horrible enough thanks., 

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• huntardhuntard Member Posts: 133

Nice, Jagex is making it. should be good .. hope its not a browser game!

• cyber7chinkcyber7chink Member UncommonPosts: 61

Originally posted by Grand_Nagus

My question is sub or F2P?

LRN2RD... I am serious!

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

meh, I like transformers IP but I dunno if I can be bothered with a transformers MMO myself.

• VikeyevVikeyev Member Posts: 12

i wish to know how the character creation and development will be.

simple pick a class n just switch some parts of your character wont do at all. since every transformer has its unique shape.

hope it wont become another ripoff.

Home is where the Heart is.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I'm going to tell you guys now, I was at comicon...the video was fun to watch and these guys and gals are sooooooo, passionate about transformers.  For those chicks that are sick of seeing one female transformer thats a pink motorcycle, it looks like you'll finally get to be other types of transformers as well. 

This game has potential.  I asked, "why browser based."  Sean, a lead at Jagex explained that with browser based, you can really add fixes and better graphics at a quicker pace.  All looked good.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Vikeyev

i wish to know how the character creation and development will be.

simple pick a class n just switch some parts of your character wont do at all. since every transformer has its unique shape.

hope it wont become another ripoff.

Its not, you can really vary the creation...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"