Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Rift: Ashes of History Live Event to Start October 12th

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,585MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The newest Rift Live Event has been announced as starting on Wednesday, October 12th. The Ashes of History live event will pit players against the slaves of Laethys and Maelforge (Wanton & Golden Maw) and see an increase in fire and earth rifts across Telara.

Ashes of History will feature new daily quests, new rifts that reward players with Magma Opals (the event's currency) that can be used to "purchase scorching rewards, including rare and epic weapons, a glittering oreling companion, and the fearsome Ash Strider mount."

Find out more about Rift.

image

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • Master10KMaster10K LondonPosts: 3,065Member

    I wonder how this will be any different from the Death Rift event and the Water Rift event. Just more dallies and another currency to grind, that will become useless in a couple weeks.

    image

  • ECGangelECGangel miami, FLPosts: 36Member Uncommon



    Originally posted by Master10K

    I wonder how this will be any different from the Death Rift event and the Water Rift event. Just more dallies and another currency to grind, that will become useless in a couple weeks.










     

    i agree


     

  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by ECGangel







    Originally posted by Master10K







    I wonder how this will be any different from the Death Rift event and the Water Rift event. Just more dallies and another currency to grind, that will become useless in a couple weeks.






















     





    i agree






     




     

    Pretty much how it will be.

  • MyGaronaMyGarona Columbia, MOPosts: 139Member
    We're not in Telara any more . . .
  • BeyornBeyorn Canton, GAPosts: 249Member Uncommon

    I wonder why they havnt tried anything different with these events.  Like the posters above me have said they are all the same just with different names penciled in.

  • SamhaelSamhael Huntsville, ALPosts: 696Member Uncommon

    I think it's just fillers between real content update. Even though the shiny-that-was-Rift has faded, I don't have anything else as engaging to play. So if they're throwing stuff like this in between "real" content updates, at least it's something.

  • AlyvianAlyvian NoesPosts: 342Member

    the quests are slightly different as what they were before, some more involved, some the same, some completly different (whitout spoiling to much). best part is the raptor tbh though.

  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 chapel hill, NCPosts: 1,785Member Uncommon

    Im just glad the game has events between actual content update. Alot of games do not.


  • LeetheLeethe Posts: 876Member Uncommon

    If they deliver this kind of polish and attension with Defiance I'll be their gimp for life.

    There is NO miracle patch.

    95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

    Hope is not a stategy.
    ______________________________
    "This kind of topic is like one of those little cartoon boxes held up by a stick on a string, with a piece of meat under it. In other words, bait."

  • ValentinaValentina Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,675Member Uncommon

    You can now upgrade your account for 10 dollars to get a spider mount, portable bank, and faction tabard.

  • ComplicationComplication Bonsall, CAPosts: 209Member

    of course this event will be EXACTLY the same as the other world events have been. Trion has no ability in making any new content at all.  They just reskin things with a different name or color.  Look at the weapons/armor, at level 10 you wear the same shit as a lvl 40.

    and all their endgame is a just a never ending grind in the same exact dungeons you did while leveling to 50, but hey there is one or two more bosses in it. NEW SHIT!!!! awww man they are original

  • OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor londonPosts: 1,047Member

    Originally posted by MyGarona

    We're not in Telara any more . . .

     

    I am and still enjoying it . Really waiting for TOR though and killing time here . The reason I'm in Rift and not WoW is it has some challenge in it (but by no means would I call it hardcore but more medium core gameplay) . If anything there seams to be more people playing now than there were two or three months ago . I think in no small part this is due to disallusioned WoW players . I think TOR will rob RIFT of a lot of its playerbase but the same applys to pretty much every game thats going at the moment including Warcraft . But for the present at least RIFT is the only fantasy based  p2p game worth the subscription .Unless of course your very young,a novice or extremly casual gamer then WoW might be still worth it

  • KostKost Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,975Member

    Originally posted by Beyorn

    I wonder why they havnt tried anything different with these events.  Like the posters above me have said they are all the same just with different names penciled in.

    Adam Gershowitz, nuff said.

  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo HindPosts: 662Member

    Bought the update and got no ingame mail..

    image

  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo HindPosts: 662Member

    I agree with above. Have some variation in your events. It's just the same shit every event..

    image

  • Khaine007Khaine007 Kansas City, MOPosts: 35Member

    Originally posted by Complication

    of course this event will be EXACTLY the same as the other world events have been. Trion has no ability in making any new content at all.  They just reskin things with a different name or color.  Look at the weapons/armor, at level 10 you wear the same shit as a lvl 40.

    and all their endgame is a just a never ending grind in the same exact dungeons you did while leveling to 50, but hey there is one or two more bosses in it. NEW SHIT!!!! awww man they are original




     

    There is raiding and PvP for end game as well, not just expert dungeons.  For raids, there is Greenscale's Blight, River of Souls, Gilded Prophecy, Drowned Halls, and Haammerknell Fortress. There are lots of armor and weapon skins, albeit not as many as I'd like, but I'm accustomed to the options available in games like CoH and CO. 

    The game has been out for less than a year and already has 3 20man raids, one of which has like maybe 5 guilds in the world that can complete it, and 2 10man raids as well, plus PvP, and you are saying there is no variety?

  • popinjaypopinjay Northeast, PAPosts: 6,539Member

    Another bugged World Event oO


    Rift Forums


    DELAYED: Ashes of History World Event Starts Wednesday, 10/12!

    Your fiery Ash Strider mount awaits as the forces of Fire and Earth descend upon Telara!

    Read the Full Story @ The Rift Community Blog

    Update 4:30PM PDT 10/12 – The start of the world event has been delayed due to concerns over possible performance issues that arose during the opening in EU earlier today. We need some extra time to look into it and ensure it’s ready for prime-time. We expect to be able to start the event before the weekend and will let you know once it’s been rescheduled – thanks!


    James "Elrar" Nichols


    People still keep talking about how polished Rift is now and it has only been that way at release. As they've added things, the quality and craftsmanship has gone downhill extremely fast.


    This continues Trion's streak of botched World Events starting with the first one.


  • KostKost Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,975Member

    Originally posted by popinjay

    People still keep talking about how polished Rift is now and it has only been that way at release. As they've added things, the quality and craftsmanship has gone downhill extremely fast.

    Agreed.

     

  • Rusty715Rusty715 Ogdan, UTPosts: 482Member

    Originally posted by OkhamsRazor



    Originally posted by MyGarona



    We're not in Telara any more . . .





     

    I am and still enjoying it . Really waiting for TOR though and killing time here . The reason I'm in Rift and not WoW is it has some challenge in it (but by no means would I call it hardcore but more medium core gameplay) . If anything there seams to be more people playing now than there were two or three months ago . I think in no small part this is due to disallusioned WoW players . I think TOR will rob RIFT of a lot of its playerbase but the same applys to pretty much every game thats going at the moment including Warcraft . But for the present at least RIFT is the only fantasy based  p2p game worth the subscription .Unless of course your very young,a novice or extremly casual gamer then WoW might be still worth it

    Im having fun with it as well. Funny how people that dont play the game are the ones talking doom and gloom and how the servers are dead.  Im on a medium pop server and see a lot of people in Sanctum and there were a lot of folks out doing rifts last night. The event getting pushed back a bit, to me, is a good thing if there are issues with it. Oh well, if one used this site  to decide which game to play, they would end up playing nothing.

    Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

Sign In or Register to comment.