Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forsaken World: World Premier Trailer for Storms of War

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment has released the first trailer from the upcoming Forsaken World expansion, Storms of War. We have partnered with PWE to bring our readers the worldwide premier of the Forsaken World: Storms of War trailer. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• blackst0rmblackst0rm Member CommonPosts: 19

LOL, dont waste your time with this game.. ur gonna end up spending thousands to NOT EVEN BE A TOP PLAYER, u need half your bank account!!!

skip this game

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Interesting.

That bald giant "ogre" looks strangely familiar. Like I saw that in the Burning Crusade years before or something. He's just missing the extra head...

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Maulgar u mean?

http://www.clanava.com/squad_wow/eqdkp/images/bosses/maulgar.gif

ogres are ogres Oo

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

"An ogre is a large, cruel, monstrous and hideous humanoid monster, featured in mythology, folklore and fiction." That is to say that it was mentioned in other art forms long before WoW. WoW didn't invent the Ogre. Fantasy games, as the name implies, borrow ideas from fantasy fiction. and since they have the same sources they will often be surprisingly similar. You need to expose yourself to other games. Perhaps read a few books.

All die, so die well.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

If you are very driven to be a top player then you should probably avoid playing free to play games. They make money off people wanting to short cut their way though the game. One of the up sides of the PW games is that you can play the whole game and have access to everything even if you don't pay. You can even earn the cash shop items within the game by trading coin for shop currency. But it take a lot of effort. Don't expect it to come quickly. You either have to have lots of money, lots of game time or lots of patience.

All die, so die well.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by VikingGamer

"An ogre is a large, cruel, monstrous and hideous humanoid monster, featured in mythology, folklore and fiction." That is to say that it was mentioned in other art forms long before WoW. WoW didn't invent the Ogre.

Fantasy games, as the name implies, borrow ideas from fantasy fiction. and since they have the same sources they will often be surprisingly similar. You need to expose yourself to other games. Perhaps read a few books.

I didn't say ogres are exlusive to WoW, that WoW invented them, nor did I say I was surprised to see another in yet another mmo (this is still the "Age of WoW" after all according to the Asian gamemakers like PW).

What I said was:

Originally posted by popinjay

That bald giant "ogre" looks strangely familiar. Like I saw that in the Burning Crusade years before or something. He's just missing the extra head...

Why so defensive and nasty over a comment about a video?

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    So sick of these cookie cutter Asian style/WOW mmorpg's.
  • KreskinKreskin Member Posts: 4

I played this game since day one of closed Beta here in the US.  It is a decent solid game, but as mentioned before if you want to be a top player you have to spend a ton of time or a ton of cash to be even a decent contender.  It is very much a WoW clone for sure.  I do like the level system as it does not rely on grind grind grind, though it is rather quest quest instance instance instance...but that to me is better then killing "X" mob for 4 hours a day.

I just recently left this game because of its guild features.  If your guild has a base, it's work work work to keep the base up and running.  I would spend 2+ hours a day every day just to keep up my share of the chores to pay the very very high daily fee for the base.  If you want a small close guild, it is not going to happen in this game.  It is about numbers plain and simple.  Since most of the mid-high level food and regen potions are only obtainable from a guild base, you are forced to either have a guild with a base or be in a guild with a base.  You can not buy HP or MP pots from an NPC after level 40, after that you have to be in a guild.  It kinda takes away a lot of the fun of the game.  I am done with WoW clones.  I will just wait untill Arche Age comes out :)

• IstafeinIstafein Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by VikingGamer

"An ogre is a large, cruel, monstrous and hideous humanoid monster, featured in mythology, folklore and fiction." That is to say that it was mentioned in other art forms long before WoW. WoW didn't invent the Ogre.

Fantasy games, as the name implies, borrow ideas from fantasy fiction. and since they have the same sources they will often be surprisingly similar. You need to expose yourself to other games. Perhaps read a few books.

I didn't say ogres are exlusive to WoW, that WoW invented them, nor did I say I was surprised to see another in yet another mmo (this is still the "Age of WoW" after all according to the Asian gamemakers like PW).

What I said was:

Why so defensive and nasty over a comment about a video?

Haha!  Wow.  People just read what they want to read, man.  I get the feeling he didn't even watch the video.

“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6-34

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

How ..... original.....

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

THE  WAR is to fight a bunch of NPC's ???

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

At least the you have access to all the classes and content..

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Ummm.,..No thanks.  Sorry

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

FW is perfect if someone wants a really easy, wow-ish knockoff, though it has quite a few things unique about it.  It definitely is what they wanted it to be, PW's attempt at making a Westernized MMO.  I couldn't get into it at all but the game definitely has potential there for those who like it's style.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

This game is so over the top its not funny, its like someone took WOW and gave it an over dose of steroids, it is silly and super crazy easy with animations that are distracting at best and game breaking at worst

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

I didnt even watch the trailer, but I feel compelled to comment on how terribly boring this game is.. You dont really even need to leave town, unless you want to participate in slow combat and insanely high kill count quests..

Even battle of the immortals was better then this game LOL

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

I played the game its just a WoW clone with new races and classes and a cash shop. You are going to need alot of real money if you wish to get anywhere in this game.

I am trying AoC again now its gone F2P and its ok. Always liked the game and the idea behind it.

The pvp in this game is shit, u can't move+attack  at the same time.. so if some1 way outgears you, you cant really avoid it except if u bind and run..

lame pvp/expensive cash shop/no main quest story line/the dam daily quests u do EVERYDAY give the most xp. which is so repetative its not even funny.

Just wait for Guild Wars 2 or D3.. skip this lame game

• BongOverlordBongOverlord Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by blackst0rm

The pvp in this game is shit, u can't move+attack  at the same time.. so if some1 way outgears you, you cant really avoid it except if u bind and run..

lame pvp/expensive cash shop/no main quest story line/the dam daily quests u do EVERYDAY give the most xp. which is so repetative its not even funny.

Just wait for Guild Wars 2 or D3.. skip this lame game

^^It does have a main quest.

Anyways the only thing I can say is try it and you may like it, it's free FFS. And if you hate it then find something else to occupy your time, cause D3 and Guild Wars 2 is still a ways away.

• yammy_thoyammy_tho Member UncommonPosts: 14

Uprising of people being hacked in this game, including myself. It's a solid game, the UI is great, but there's a significant lack of conent. And I find myself not wanting to pick up where I left off since the hack.

Ok.. the Main Quest in this game is stupid. You get a batch of 5-10 quests then once you finish them it'll say " get to level 30 before you can continue" when im only lvl 25. That leaves me grinind on the same repetative dailies for days until I can do a main quest again.. Then at lvl 30 do a batch of 5-10 quests then wait another 5 levels...

Oh ya, the main quests dont even you get half of a level either.. without double to triple exp turned on.

This game IS A PURE DAILY GRIND, and the pvp is the worst it requires no skills, just cash shop to win game.

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

Just another asian cash shop wow clone. Nothing to see here folks.

Make it so...