Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online: Try Not to Get TOO Excited But...

2»

Comments

• BelchPenguinBelchPenguin Member Posts: 1

They removed the release date from that THQ page...

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

They *need* to make it multi-faction, not a 'good' vs 'evil' if they've any hope of regaining 40k fan support. A reskinned WoW clone is simply not going to cut it.

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Kuaidam

lol

Now being serious:

I started following WH40k not so long ago, maybe 3 years ago when Soulstorm came out. I loved the world inmediately.

Loved DoWII and now Space Marine is that great!

I have good hopes for DMO.

I'll patiently wait for it. In the mean time, i'll be playing SWTOR = )

There has been something to follow?

This game is going to be crap

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

Folks, feel free to toss around "WoW Clone" for games like TOR and WAR, but considering what we know so far, it would be extremely difficult for this one to be a clone. It'll be closer to WAR than to WoW, which isn't necessarily a horrible thing. WAR just had major issues which are easily avoidable (except for two factions) by just getting better developers and a better publisher.

With that said, I'm hurting inside from a few of the recently leaked (?) rumors. There are quite a few things which I suspected they'd only put in if they were going in the wrong direction. Alas, there they are: Two factions, auto-target for melee, a possible holy trinity, a level system (despite everything they say pointing to it being unnecessary), instanced PvP (which hurts good world PvP), melee combos, sprinting, and a special resource similar to Waagh! or renown from WAR.

That's a pretty big list of huge mechanics to wade through before getting to the good stuff. Some of the issues in the list aren't a big deal unless they screw it up, but two faction systems are almost never balanced (hence their instanced PvP), and auto-targeting for melee is just stupid.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

It will be a midnight launch. which puts the date officially on april 1st. which makes this whole thing a joke.

• KuaidamKuaidam Member Posts: 183

ok... just to avoid confrontation i'm going to re-phrase myself:

I love the idea of a WH40K MMO.

I hope some one makes it in the way the IP deserves.

better?

• majikkatmajikkat Member Posts: 7

2013? plenty of time to change the direction and clone something like Planetside 1 and/or 2 instead of WoW

• ShmawShmaw Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Coman

Originally posted by Kuaidam

Wait a minute... If the End of the World is supposed to be on  Dec 2012, how is the game going to launch on march 31, 2013?

?

0.o

Clearly the end of the world would only delay the game and prospone this date. Pretty sure THQ is big enough to have plans for fires, tornado's, tsunami's, big astroid distroying the world and power outage.

You forgot about the zombie apocalypse

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

yawn, like the makers of this game said, this will be wow version 667576590955.21

No thanks dont give a shhhhhh

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

In the end it'll be another WoW-like gameplay.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Gamesworkshop has like reverse-midas's touch. What ever they touch, turns in to poop.

They must still be trying to recover from pulling the Warhammer licence from Blizzard weeks before release of what could have been best Warhammer game ever but ended up being Warcraft instead because bureaucrats in Gamesworkshop desided they wouldnt make enough profit with Blizzards game.

Out of 100000001 Warhammer IP games only Dawn of War 1 was any good.

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326

Roll 4xD6 for date, roll 2xD6 for month, roll 3xD6 for year. Your bolter misses target!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

At least they aint rushing it out by releasing it next year.. gives me a tiny bit of hope about this game..

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

90% of all mmo's copy wow at this time but Warhammer 40k looks nice i wont judge 1 dev on a sentence he said  a long time ago.

If a game is good it gets the credit for it.

SWTOR is also a wow clone and their dev's also said they looked at WoW and have put in alot of similar shit into their mmo.

Who cares ?

At this point in time an mmo cant do much diffrent Ultima online found out the wheel already a long time ago.

And its just who makes the most fun and complete mmo you like.

• FailFail Member Posts: 34

the title made me laugh, "try not to get too excited"? well Im trying to get excited at least a bit with this game, no succes so far... and Im saying that as a huge fan of warhammer 40k universe

• SupersoupsSupersoups Member Posts: 1,004

Even if it was a an actual release date i still wouldn't get excited about a game which is going to release in 2013 when i don't even know what is going to happen tomorrow.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

When they say 'WoW subs' they mean casual players. Enough dedicated casual subs is what makes a P2P game a success for the bean counters.

More to the point, as was pointed out by Ms. S. Ford, the title of the article was more of a joking disbelief at the fact that they would announce an actual calendar day that far out (vs1st quarter 2013).

2013 is so far off the radar that neither estimate is of much interest at this point.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

While I love Warhammer 40k Universe, and I don't wanna be bad prophet. There is no solid facts to base my opinion BUT

imho this might be not what many people expect. I think Warhammer 40k : Dark Millenium will be not very high budget game & will be kinda simple one.   Hope I am wrong, just have a feeling in my bones.

I expect rather very simple themepark with quiite a bit bigger focus on pvp than usual WoW-ish design, and budget far lower than WoW, Swtor, GW2 and similar titles.

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326

OH,  my 34 year old birthday. This must be an omen.