Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game (or games) are you playing? why?

calburicalburi Member Posts: 7

Just curious as to which games the communtiy is playing.  I personally am playing LOTRO and COH.  I play Lord of the Rings becauseit's beautiful game which both i and my girlfriend play.  It may have slow combat and the characters aren't the prettiest, but finding all the lore is fun, especially for those who read the books and not just watched the movies.  Crafting may not be deep but it is fun.  I play COH because I've read comics for years and always wanted to be a superhero, simple as that.

I'm not trying to start a flame war, just generally interested

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

None.  Thought about reactivating ye old CoH account and having a look around, but with all the F2P lookie loos it just wouldn't be the same.  I can coast a month or two more easily.

Preorders for Skyrim, SWTOR and GW2.  Got my eye on another half-dozen possible contenders.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Playing:
    Deux Ex
    Global Agenda
    Fallout 3

Recently Played:
    World of Tanks
    Rift
    Portal 2

Thought I'd be playing (but I'm not):
    Space Marine
    Dead Island
    Rage

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Dip into CoH with my new Dual Pistols/Time villain, and a little WAR, but I am mostly playing Arkham Asylum. It has to be the best single-player console game I've ever played.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Ryzom atm. Unique game with a great community. Having a great time so far, will see if it lasts.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Champions Online for mindless fun

World of Tanks

League of Legends 

Wurm Online for when im feeling more serious 

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

League of Legends for competetive play.

City of Heroes for making a fun char n mindless fun.

Terraria to build stuff.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

FFXIV

Dark Souls

Gears of War 3

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • coomscooms Member Posts: 219

league of legends - its f2p model doesn't feel like its trolling you like most mmo f2p games do. I have spent probably 50$ its a fun game that gives a good gaming pvp experience for 20-60 mins each match.

CoH - I only create champion, play with them to level 4 or so, delete and make again. the only enjoyment i get from this is character creation. f2p zero money spent

dragons nest - this is more like a diablo replacment for me. It is really only fun with friends. f2p zero money spent

star craft 2 - Ill play a custom game or 2 if I feel like it. Overall dissapointed with it.

lotro- if I want to feel like I play wow again. f2p zero money spent.

Minecraft - its fun to dig....and build things...and kill pigs and cows. Probably my best investment.

• AcidDKAcidDK Member Posts: 82

Only Black Ops currently.. Gonna play MW3 and BF3 when they're released as well, already pre-ordered both.

I'm done with MMOs until GW2 is released, since GW2 (also ArcheAge but I'm not sure it'll be all we hope it to be) is the only game really bringing anything new to the table, and it's the only MMO in the horizon that is casual friendly.

• ManJunkManJunk Member Posts: 273

League of Legends

Mount and Blade cRPG

Darkfall, although the community is just not the same as it once was.... probably unsubbing.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

World of Tanks - I like the tactical gameplay and the game seems fairly balanced (though matchmaking needs work) however in the last 2 weeks ive noticed a propensity to gettting hit with first shots directly on the gun (a hard shot to make) in the very first hit, (leaving you unable to fight back) which makes me think theres some cheating going on. The new T-59 Premium tank is also OP and the first sign of Pay 2 win creeping into the game.

WH40K Space Marine - The game is just pure fun in multiplayer, single player gets a little repetitive but the mechanics of multiplayer are entirely different & the 3 classes play differently enough that the title has longevity.

Battlefield 3 beta - I am an addict and the BF series is my preffered poison. Cant wait for the finished product but for now this will have to do.

RAGE - well technically Im not playing it anymore but I was. The patch last week broke my game, now when I get in any vehicles the game freezes. On foot is fine but at this stage in the game I need ot use vehicles to get around and take out raiders who are in vehicles. Rage = Fail.

I will most likely pick up where I left the reigns of my Fallen eart haccount over the weekend now its F2P.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Final Fantasy XIV for my "main" game. It's always changing since they're trying to fix it, which makes it never get stale. That, and I like the Armory system, the fact crafters are needed, the Market Wards (yes, I know. Hard to believe, if only they introduced a text search instead of categories) and just the feeling of the game when playing with a controller.

Glitch 30 mins or so a day. I plan to keep the $5 sub a month, so it's not breaking the wallet, but offers a nice game to play a few times a day to spend the days energy up. It's a casual form of EVE, imo, and fills the void good enough.

Mabinogi and Vindictus I have enough $$$ in them to play free and do just fine, so I play them for a change of pace sometimes. They both offer something unique. No tank and spank gameplay (both are action and skill based), and I like how they both have connecting storylines.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Everquest 2 Extended: Having a blast in this great game!

Fallen Earth: You have to love sandbox games!

Borderlands: Kinda fun, only have played like 30 minutes.....

Glitch: Nice mmorpg to play in school!

• stregoistregoi Member Posts: 15

rappelz online.. killing mobs and boss and have a great pvp and the pet are quite to good..

study hard. play harder

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Slowly fmoving on in Witcher 2, loving it big time.

Enjoying GW1 in every aspect ( I bought it only about a month ago) and am slowly following the story. The plan is to finish the main storyline before GW2 is out so I'm in no hurry here.

FFXIV - no idea why... I don't really like it for a crapload of well known reasons but it keeps bringing me back and forces me to play itself... I really have absolutely no idea why.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Just now am I at MMO break and play CIV IV: Cavemen2cosmos.

Greatest mod ever, it makes CIV a lot more fun and even forces me to live with old CIV IV when I have CIV 5 as well.

I just spent 50 year in a steampunk thing because I had blimps and zeppelins but no gunpowder (had no sulphur) so my ground units were knights and crossbow crews. Very interesting since the other countries had plenty of musketeers but no air units... But now I just got my Napolinic riflemens and I soon hope to get some Sopwith Camels as well. :)

Try it, a mod to CIV IV: BTS and free: http://caveman2cosmos.sourceforge.net/

Recommended, but be careful if you turn on the raging barbarians, when I tried all civs but mine died fast and I just barely made it. :)

Heroes VI will releases soon, I think it is tomorrow as well.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Age of Conan baby! Subscription, not the free version.Can't believe i had never tried this game before like a month ago. Loving the more "mature" theme of the game. Hit lvl 50 last night and can't wait to see king Conan! After trying almost every AAA title that has came out last 10 yrs or so I think I have finally found my game.The music, the atmosphere, the community all are so much better than the current crop of easy-mode single player MMO's. Hell I have even stopped anticipating GW2 and SW-ToR as much as I have found gaming bliss. The Secret World still has me hyped a bit though I will admit seeing how Funcom is not afraid to make games that are challenging.

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

Been playing Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited/Stormreach for over five years now.  Also played AoC, CoH/V, LoTRo, EQ, and trialed WoW.  Looking forward to The Secret World, SW:TOR, and BF3.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Been playing LotRO the last few months but went back to FFXIV the day 1.19 came out and I am not regretting it. Actually like five or six of my friends have come back to the game too and we're all having a blast. I think it's definitely headed in the right direction (launch bombed) and so since it's still free to play, I've decided to stick with it through the changes! :)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Playing:

Resistance 3

Chrono Trigger

Fallen Earth

Dark Age of Camelot

Recently Played:

Lotro(got to 75 and lost interest yet again)

Rift

EQ2

Thought I'd be playing (but I'm not):

SWTOR(beta) I'm in it I'm just not playing it.

Dark Souls (bought Demon Souls instead and realized I'm not a challenge gamer)

Guild Wars (keep trying to get into it, but lack of friends in the game makes it very boring)

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

No MMOs currently, the most recent one was Dragon Nest a few months ago, but that was brief because the current level cap is so low and progression became stagnant.  

Recently completed:

Bastion

Portal 2 Co-op

Final Fantasy 7 (for an estimated 14th time)

Currently Playing:

Witcher 2

League of Legends

Gears 3

Looking forward to playing:

Skyrim

Guild Wars 2

Deus Ex

Dead Island

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Wrender

Age of Conan baby! Subscription, not the free version.Can't believe i had never tried this game before like a month ago. Loving the more "mature" theme of the game. Hit lvl 50 last night and can't wait to see king Conan! After trying almost every AAA title that has came out last 10 yrs or so I think I have finally found my game.The music, the atmosphere, the community all are so much better than the current crop of easy-mode single player MMO's. Hell I have even stopped anticipating GW2 and SW-ToR as much as I have found gaming bliss. The Secret World still has me hyped a bit though I will admit seeing how Funcom is not afraid to make games that are challenging.

AoC is a good game, the problem is that Funcom are too slow with releasing new content to it so it is far too small.

If the world would be twice as large it wouldn't be a good game but a great one. I hope they do a better work updating TSW but I fear it has to do with the engine making new content a slow process.

Still, you get a few great months for free now, it is hard to beat. :)

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

playing: Vanguard

maybe GW2 next, but i dont know, i am loving VG so much so far that im considering this as my Main for years to come

well, why i play VG, this is a game i have my attention to back in 2009, but was stuck with WoW so never bothered, then i quit WoW like roughly 2 weeks after Cataclysm, and been searching for something different and fresh

and i guess i found it

was trying load crap of F2Ps, none worked out for me

So What Now?

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

APB Reloaded

I'm playing this because it's free, it has the most options for player customization out of any game on the market.  If only other games could try to keep up.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• elos_rekatelos_rekat Member Posts: 106

Dark Age of Camelot because it's still the best MMORPG I've played from the time of UO forward.  And I don't RvR.