Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A quote from the CEO of Dawn of Fantasy

eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

"Micro transactions are not even enabled in-game yet - as first we want to fix all the bugs before going after your credit card balances with our greedy hands

As for loosing the units you purchase with micro-transactions, we will most likely make super expensive units like Dragons - re-spawn after 24 hours if they die. Course here I agree - nobody wants to pay 4.99$ for a super cool unit - just to loose it in the first battle. However - simple units - like Dwarves - will not resurrect.

And sorry to see you go - I just read the comment about 200$ and I figured hey - that`ll so go towards my student loan ,"

Somone had written in to make a complaint about the game , which seemed legit and this is what the Deleloper had to say

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

rts game with a cashshop=pay to win. I didnt know they were going to have one, or i wouldnt have bought the game.

• AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

Pretty ignorant of you to assume that.

Originally posted by AdvancedTech

Pretty ignorant of you to assume that.

nah. your logic is flawed.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

the ceo of this game is amazingly arrogant I feel bad for anyone who bought this game

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

Games awesome and the CEO is a great bloke. On the forums all the time helping people with bugs and problems in game. Dragons aren't that OP as they take up the space you could have 25 battalions in (500 soldiers) and it is really easy to make in game currency to buy the dragons with. One large scale PvP which I do all the time get you 20 influence each. The top dragon is only 120 influence with the others being half that. You really dont know much if anything about the company running the game or the game itself.

• KonstantinFKonstantinF Member Posts: 2

...just found this post.

Note to self - never try sarcasm or irony in forum posts again:) Hope you guys didn`t think I was serious!

This joke (i.e "the quote") madee much more sense in the context of the entire forum post:)

Originally posted by KonstantinF

...just found this post.

Note to self - never try sarcasm or irony in forum posts again:) Hope you guys didn`t think I was serious!

This joke (i.e "the quote") madee much more sense in the context of the entire forum post:)

I do apologize than for my" arrogant" comment as I did not know you were being sarcastic, I guess I was annoyed at the priceing structure for the game as It was all over the place, I hope that has been resolved

• KonstantinFKonstantinF Member Posts: 2

Oh hey - no worries! Afte re-reading my post I can see how it could have givee out a wrong impression.

The devs are actualy pretty damn good. See them chatting on the forums a lot. I like this. Just hate cash shops lol. But before my post no one knew there was a 120 inf cap per day. Thats a bg relief.

Now if i can only gt my game to play past a certain point id be happy. Every time i log in no matter how much time i spend, it reloads in hours in the past lol. Very upset at this :/

Originally posted by Onomas

The devs are actualy pretty damn good. See them chatting on the forums a lot. I like this. Just hate cash shops lol. But before my post no one knew there was a 120 inf cap per day. Thats a bg relief.

Now if i can only gt my game to play past a certain point id be happy. Every time i log in no matter how much time i spend, it reloads in hours in the past lol. Very upset at this :/

xD that happened to me for a bit too. My game actually crashed 3 days ago and crashes everytime I load up my city now. They have been trying to fix it but I simply haven't been able to play because of the bug. They have told me it would be fixed on 3 separate occasions and it hasn't BUT they are saying they will have it done tomorrow. The devs have been really nice about it even with me getting mad but hopefully they do fix it... Plus they have compensated me with ingame stuff ;)

• Magicmud83Magicmud83 Member Posts: 9

The cash shop isn't rly a issue at all, the units in it aren't rly OP to begin with and you get lots of "crown" (cash shop currency) from pvp and quests. Only way I could see someone using money to get units from it is if they don't want to pvp or quest but then whats the point of not doing either of those anyway? Currently I have about 60 crowns, a dragon from the shop, and all the upgrades possible for my town and due to release bugs i've had many problems with quest and pvp starting.

Each quest gives you about 2 crowns per and pvp gives you 2 to 50 crowns depending on the battle size, cash shop items range from 6-120 crowns and honestly are just for fun in no way p2w.

Originally posted by Magicmud83

Each quest gives you about 2 crowns per and pvp gives you 2 to 50 crowns depending on the battle size, cash shop items range from 6-120 crowns and honestly are just for fun in no way p2w.

Yeah I'v only been playing for a little over a week and I have 2 dragons and 405 crowns with the most expensive item only being 120 crowns (dragon). You can also buy expansions with crowns instead of real money so if you play enough you will get everything for free. This game is amazing it's just rough at this stage!

• UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

There are A LOT of bugs and lag/performance issues.

Balance is also pretty terrible right now.

HOWEVER, the game has a lot of potential.  I just hope they continue to work on it.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

yea I just bought it myself, it does have lag and the graphics are pretty putrid but if the Dev work on it perhaps it can be good some day

Originally posted by eddieg50

yea I just bought it myself, it does have lag and the graphics are pretty putrid but if the Dev work on it perhaps it can be good some day

Hmmm I'm not sure what your looking at because I think it looks pretty damn good. The only place the game really lags is in PvP so I also don't know what your on about there either.

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

Originally posted by eddieg50

Hmmm I'm not sure what your looking at because I think it looks pretty damn good. The only place the game really lags is in PvP so I also don't know what your on about there either.

so far it does seem like a good game although I am just in the beginning stages,  The graphics though have this washed out look, you cannot adjust the contrast and it is almost like looking at silowettes, you can almost see through your npc's maybe I just need to get used to it but the graphics are a bit on the weird side,  it seems almost everyone on the chat complaines about lag and I hope that will be taken care of today with the big patch