Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Diablo 3 and Path of Exile

GorweGorwe ZagrebPosts: 2,472Member Uncommon
I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this subject(seeing how such a topic hasn't yet been created):

What kind of influence will Path have on Diablo and Vice versa?

Because Path DOES look Like natural succesor of Diablo 2, what with Dark/Foreboding atmosphere mixed with extreme horror/violence(unlike its namesake succesor Diablo 3, which has got rainbows).
Take into account that Path is F2P, so don't be surprised if Path deals quite a blow to Diablo 3's playerbase.

I am not taking sides by the way(going to play BOTH).

Comments

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Gorwe

I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this subject(seeing how such a topic hasn't yet been created): What kind of influence will Path have on Diablo and Vice versa? Because Path DOES look Like natural succesor of Diablo 2, what with Dark/Foreboding atmosphere mixed with extreme horror/violence(unlike its namesake succesor Diablo 3, which has got rainbows). Take into account that Path is F2P, so don't be surprised if Path deals quite a blow to Diablo 3's playerbase. I am not taking sides by the way(going to play BOTH).

I think you mistook torchlight for diablo 3.. Diablo 3 still has its dark setting and it is done quite well.  As for PoE it won't do anything to the D3 playerbase based on the sole fact almost no one has any idea that PoE even exists.

• GorweGorwe ZagrebPosts: 2,472Member Uncommon
    Yeah...sadly(I'm more keen on PoE). And you can not argue with the fact that Blizzard North and Activision-Blizzard have RADICALLY different art styles. No, I am not saying that D3 LOOKS Like WoW, but what I AM saying is the undeniable fact that D3 RESEMBLES WoW(because it is Acti-Blizz's art style-visible in WoW and SC2 and D3). And I happen to dislike them and their views on the world(art/game styles et al).
    However, I AM willing to give D3 a shot(only because it is set in one of my most beloved franchises...for that and nothing else), but PoE(though unknown) is a superior game(imo).
  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

I don't get it.. D3 doesn't resemble WoW in any way shape or form.. neither does SC2..

• bambookbambook Calgary, ABPosts: 180Member

whoever trolls Diablo 3 is the most idiotic person on the planet. I am the biggest DIABLO 3 FANBOY of all time and I have more then half a planet of people waiting for it with me and we will destroy anyone who thinks its stupid.

• GorweGorwe ZagrebPosts: 2,472Member Uncommon
    I was mistaken...for thinking I could talk openly with Blizzard fanbois.

I just wanted an Open minded discussion...and it devolved after 5th post. What a shame.
  • expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon

I was mistaken...for thinking I could talk openly with Blizzard fanbois.

I just wanted an Open minded discussion...and it devolved after 5th post. What a shame.

All you've done in your posts is advertise PoE.  Get out.

• TalRashaTalRasha GroningenPosts: 827Member

Because Path DOES look Like natural succesor of Diablo 2, what with Dark/Foreboding atmosphere mixed with extreme horror/violence(unlike its namesake succesor Diablo 3, which has got rainbows).

I disagree, I don't remember Diablo2 resembling brown and brown and brown.

Nice touch on the rainbows comment.

• Requiem6Requiem6 Saint-Hubert, QCPosts: 237Member

Path of Exile won't have alot of influence on Diablo 3.

Because only few people really know or care about PoE, where millions of people are waiting for D3.

No matter if PoE have better graphic, gameplay, etc. Poeple will buy D3 for the brand.

But if you're a fan of hack and slash, you can try PoE. I just don't think it's going to have the D3 succes.