Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Ember Isles Now On PTS

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The first new zone to be added to Rift is now live on the public test server. Called the Ember Isles, the area is set to give level 50s a run for their money with more difficult mobs and bosses. YouTube user "LyricalBrit", aka Warb, has posted a nice video of the Ember Isles from a Defiant's perspective in the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

And it's extremely impressive! Such great work on this island from the environment to the new models used, the music..Everything.

• KoyotiKoyoti Member Posts: 24

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! :)

• omicron009omicron009 Member UncommonPosts: 16

MMORPG.com, can you please make the videos a little smaller?  I can almost see something in this one

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Where are all the firebenders?

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by omicron009

MMORPG.com, can you please make the videos a little smaller?  I can almost see something in this one

... pease dont use your brain and click on the fullscreen button, it could make your head explode.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Looks good

• jay8118jay8118 Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Mari2k

... pease dont use your brain and click on the fullscreen button, it could make your head explode.

LOL

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

You must still run on an 800x600 resolution. ;)

They're smallish so they fit in the news line. However, just click the YouTube logo and it takes you directly to the video's page. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Ah, so you finally found this topic here

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/328956/Ember-isle-video-HD-Commentary.html

I'm curious, why is it always the same pattern here? A user makes a posting, starts his own discussion that runs for a couple of days and then you take it as your own "news" and open a second thread on that? Without merging the threads or at least MENTIONING that other thread, saying "thanks to user XY for the OP" ?

You do this all the time, it just happened a few days ago on this subject http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/328830

which originally got started here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4485667#4485667

Taking the credits for "news" someone else has already posted days ago and on top of that, derail his discussion into your own thread. You never miss a duplicate thread opened by a user, yet you never seem to see that your  topics already exist for days elsewhere on the forums. By your own rules, yours should be deleted as duplicate, which is what you do all the time if users post about the same thing twice.

PS: I'm shure you won't miss to make this http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/329027 "your" topic as well in 3 days and again starve the already lively discussion going on in that thread.

• LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

Whats the point of another lvl 50 zone?  apart from more grinding ..  they need more leveling zones  so it can add some  variety to leveling characters  instead of every character you have doing the exact same zone along with the exact same quests

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363

Hmm..that does look great and a lot of work has gone into the zone. Didn't like the game to be honest but that is the best vid i have seen of Rift.

Music helps though,great song and music taste.

Originally posted by Lukain

Whats the point of another lvl 50 zone?  apart from more grinding ..  they need more leveling zones  so it can add some  variety to leveling characters  instead of every character you have doing the exact same zone along with the exact same quests

I kept thinking the same thing while watching the great vid. A new race and a new starting area or lsle would of done more to help one of the games biggest flaws IMO.

But still a great vid and a good looking zone,ill give Trion that.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Erm VoIgore:

This was simply sent to me via a site user via the "Know Something We Don't" text box on the top right hand side of your screen. When folks do that, they get the "thanks" credit. I don't read the forums nor am I a forum moderator who does any work there. We have a great team that takes care of those things. Similarly, our forum moderators aren't in charge of posting news. These are two separate "departments" on the site.

Our users know that they have my undivided attention by using the news tip form for which they will receive credit for the submission. My sources for news come from site user tips, official sites or via press releases from the dev teams.

Feel free to submit tips whenever you wish.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AshrealAshreal Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Wahoo, thanks lyricalbrit! RIFT without a doubt is my fave game. Been super busy with work, thanks to your video I'm excited to check it out.

Ashreal D'Synn - Shadowlover & Death's handmaiden

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

OOooo my video! can we put it as Lyricalbrit AKA Warbs.. hate the name lyricalbrit haha

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

yay more daily quests ... really this is what content is becoming for MMOs? FFS glad i bought minecraft

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

what song was that in the video? it actually made Rift seem interesting to me again.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Graphicly it looks very nice but "cotnent" wise it doesnt sound like there is a lot to do...

I dont play rift so i might not have the same mentality as people that do, but from what i can gather..

"Grind these factions for reputarion and loot with the possiblity of a mount at the end"?

Or am i missing something?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

How about you try to hit the YouTube button to see it in its original resolution? It's not MMORPG.com's fault. It's you being unfamiliar with how the internet works.

Originally posted by Complication

what song was that in the video? it actually made Rift seem interesting to me again.

Blackmill -Let It Be -Veela

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Regardless of the feelings about RiFT one things clear, the dev team are doing a great job on content and have done since launch. Looking at things I think the idea here with this being a level 50 zone is to help support the Planar Attunement system added last patch which requires a lot of xp to populate.

• KatrisaKatrisa Member UncommonPosts: 116

Is it just me or does the guy in the video sound like Ali G???

/meow

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Originally posted by Ecoces

yay more daily quests ... really this is what content is becoming for MMOs? FFS glad i bought minecraft

I guess we all like something different because I like daily quests and the idea of replicating the starship enterprise out of world bits sounds mind-numingly boring to me.

sounds like you don't know shit about minecraft