Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's all fun and games until you realize you don't know details about *insert feature* yet ... [pow

*Cue Star Wars theme and big ass ship floating by*

In a galaxy nearby, launch date is creeping closer and

while a lot of us have had some beta experience,

I think its safe to say most of us haven't,

or just caught a glimpse of

a starter world

or two.

So what are the make or break features or aspects

which you'd like to have more

detailed information on

at this time?

Comments

• nicksnamenicksname Member Posts: 45

I.. don't understand (edit) .

Boo.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

I am not a hardcore raider, but I love playing in groups and so endgame is where I spend most of my time. PvP is a good 2nd.

I hate questing, but I understand that questing is the nature of the beast in MMOs. I enjoyed Warhammer Online at first because I did not have to do any questing. I just signed up for the PvP and level'd up that way.

However, in SWTOR I can see questing being more fun.

I am in SWTOR beta. I am not allowed to say how I feel about it.  I have pre-ordered and have plans to play for a long time. That should tell you how I feel about it.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Other: the legacy system.

Info pl0x?

• xm522xm522 Member UncommonPosts: 117

when they include swimming, i will buy

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Info pl0x?

^This.  I r intrigued.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

I voted "other" mainly because I've played the beta and know the answer to pretty much everything listed there.

I still want info on the Legacy System.

Also: This answer is currently winning: "In what state is the game now polish wise? Are you on schedual for launch? - 25.0%" and it is driving me insane because I know the answer and can't say because of the NDA.

• AndelithAndelith Member UncommonPosts: 20

I guess I just don't care what info they give out, idk.  Need we go back to games like Conan and Warhammer that spilled their guts about everything in their games and then either A. it wasn't what they said it would be. B. It was incomplete. or C. it STILL isn't in the game.

I mean time and again bioware has said, when something is ready to be talked about they will talk about it, yet no one seems to understand that or just can't read and asks the same damn questions over and over.

I'm in no way a TOR or BW fanboy, I guess I will never get posting this crap on MMORPG and not going to SWTOR's (or whatever game it happens to be this week) forums and asking the questions. Bioware constantly replies to people on their forums, not MMORPG's. I would think it's the entire reason they have forums on their site.

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

Open world PVP will make a big difference to a lot of people I game with regularly.  If they pull it off, I know that at least a certain segment will be very happy including me.

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by Andelith

I guess I just don't care what info they give out, idk.  Need we go back to games like Conan and Warhammer that spilled their guts about everything in their games and then either A. it wasn't what they said it would be. B. It was incomplete. or C. it STILL isn't in the game.

I mean time and again bioware has said, when something is ready to be talked about they will talk about it, yet no one seems to understand that or just can't read and asks the same damn questions over and over.

I'm in no way a TOR or BW fanboy, I guess I will never get posting this crap on MMORPG and not going to SWTOR's (or whatever game it happens to be this week) forums and asking the questions. Bioware constantly replies to people on their forums, not MMORPG's. I would think it's the entire reason they have forums on their site.

While Bioware employees may not be on these forums regularly responding to threads or making comments, I'm sure somebody floats in to see what's going on every once in a while.  Smart devs don't learn much by listening to their own echo chamber and SWTORs forums are a ... special place.

Besides, it's more fun talking to other MMO vets who have a perspective you can relate to (even if we don't always agree), which is often not the case when you are dealing with a SW geek.  Think of it as getting on the subway and getting to choose your company. 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I voted other.  I need to see more game systems and things not yet heard of, like the above mentioned legacy system.

If we don't or we don't get other game systems at or near launch, then I'm afraid this game will be shallower then your average F2P.  Perfect World appears to have more depth to it than SWTOR based on what we've been shown.  Just sayin...

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    I picked crafting. I haven't heard too much about it other than your companions help with the process. Would def like to hear more about the specific professions. And to echo what others said, legacy system please.
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Bah. I've never let my lack of information on a game feature stop me from forumulating a deep seatedly angry opinion of it. I see no reason to change now.

Kidding. I voted world PVP.

How many newbs could a newb pwner pwn if a newb pwner could pwn newbs?

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

World pvp

In Bioware we trust!

• lostkosslostkoss Member Posts: 149

Other.

I want to be able to personalize my ship. At least the inside with trophies.

Have a sense of humor, no need to get ALL MODDY ! :) A Simpson's quote shouldn't be worth a warning. You are lucky anyone is bothering to read this rag.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

A few of these have been answered . Like end game raids can be enterered into as soon as u hit max level if u wanna do them on the easiest level of difficulty. They have diffrent difficulty modes on them.

Another thats been answered is u can only do armor and weapons upgrades at launch no interior customization of ships. That said they do want to add it at a later date. 

If there is one area i wanna know more about its crafting and how it all works. We knjow what the crafting skills are now we just dont know how the whole ball of wax works unless u are in beta in which case im sure u do know.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by kalinis

A few of these have been answered . Like end game raids can be enterered into as soon as u hit max level if u wanna do them on the easiest level of difficulty. They have diffrent difficulty modes on them.

Another thats been answered is u can only do armor and weapons upgrades at launch no interior customization of ships. That said they do want to add it at a later date. 

If there is one area i wanna know more about its crafting and how it all works. We knjow what the crafting skills are now we just dont know how the whole ball of wax works unless u are in beta in which case im sure u do know.

Just the part in red, everything else i agree with.

I'm not sure even the people in the beta know for certain the way Bioware seems to do their testing. Sometimes one build can have something, the next it does not. Even something so big as the modification system is still in flux, even to the extent that one build it's everywhere and the next it's rarely seen and back and forth. So each build seems to have things (though i'm not sure how many different things, they better be almost done with that by now) moving around, some minor while others major.

Anyway, yeah i'm with you, showing a video of someone doing crafting (not the entire thing of course) would be nice. we have video of them going to collect resources but nothing else. I'd love to see an example and hear more about crafting being used in the dungeons and maybe if they have it, in the open world (thats speculation guys) plus more about what the modification system includes when they get it nailed down.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Biggus99

Info pl0x?

^This.  I r intrigued.

Supposedly this will be some kind of mechanic to stimulate rolling alts right?

I hope it doesn't come at the expense of depth in endgame content. V_V

Still, leveling up an alt might be up to 900% more appealing in Swtor compared to other mmorpgs due to story lines, etc.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I voted "World Bosses and Heroic Quests" although, i coulda probably voted "endgame pve" also.  Basically, I think it's fairly safe to say taht we'll get a fantastic single-player quest-based storyline experience.  I'm expecting somethign as good or better than LoTRO here.    So i'm fairly sure that stuff is solid.  What i want to know about (still) is how much there is to do beyond that qand how fun that stuff is.  

Basically, i want to know: "how good is this game when i'm NOT soloing my way through the storyline?"

btw, have they actually released an "official" class/race restriction list?  I've seen some floating around, but there wasn't anything on the official site last i checked.  I suppose "what classes can a chiss play?" is something i want to know about.  Oh and while we're on the subject, i'm interested in whether there are race-related storylines.  Like, the chiss home world being chiss only, will a chiss eventually get to visit? will we learn more about the race? etc.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

If this were an SOE game, it would have been launched in July. Not "everyone" loves it, but I've heard more raving over it than I have any complaints. Hardcore SWG friends love it! Hardcore PvPers have loved it. PvE players are amazed by the stories.

I don't know what Bioware needs to do between now and Dec 20th, but it isn't much from all I've heard.

• GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310

I choose other as this is the most important question off all Will it contain pie or is there only cake ?

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

PVE endgame is a biggy for me.  It's pretty clear that there's TONS of levelling content, but even that will run out, eventually.  If it turns out to be raids, raids, and more raids, my sub will likely be cancelled at some point.

Originally posted by Robsolf
    PVE endgame is a biggy for me.  It's pretty clear that there's TONS of levelling content, but even that will run out, eventually.  If it turns out to be raids, raids, and more raids, my sub will likely be cancelled at some point.

What are you looking for?

Dynamic world events like RIFT? Crafting? Exploring?

I agree with you, but I also understand that a game can only offer so much...eventually it's up to the players to make their own adventures. I expect repetitive raids and more raids...expecting a never ending supply of content is rather ridiculous.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by Biggus99

Info pl0x?

^This.  I r intrigued.

Supposedly this will be some kind of mechanic to stimulate rolling alts right?

I hope it doesn't come at the expense of depth in endgame content. V_V

Still, leveling up an alt might be up to 900% more appealing in Swtor compared to other mmorpgs due to story lines, etc.

From what I've read so far, new races unlock once you get your first toon to max level.  Could be rumour or outdated info, though.

Originally posted by Robsolf

From what I've read so far, new races unlock once you get your first toon to max level.  Could be rumour or outdated info, though.

Ooooh...I hadn't heard that. I actually kinda like that idea. I want a Republic Chiss tbh.

• DaShnipaDaShnipa Member UncommonPosts: 33

Every single aspect you've listed is important to me, I'm not a hardcore PvP'er but I do enjoy it, especially when roaming around looking for a fight (I usually bite off my than I can chew but its fun just the same) . PvE is a big aspect for me, I would like to get back into raiding agian, just depends on work, my other half, etc. Crafting, another major component, I do enjoy it but I'm not a hardcore be all to end all crafter, I make what I need or make a few things to make some cash. (like everyone else I guess)

Vehicles aren't that big of a deal, but variety is nice. (I don't want to see the same damn speeder everwhere I go, forgive me for saying this but its why I enjoyed WoW's mounts, as limited as they were, there's still some variation). Exploration is nice, and even better if you get rewarded for it (rare drops, rare resources whatever, just gimme something for wandering, RIFT was cool in that aspect) 

I've been waiting a very very long time for this game. I don't really care if it's a WoW clone as stated, I enjoy themepark mmo's as much as I enjoy sandboxes. The playstyle is tried tested and it works, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Main Rig --- i7 920 @ 3.6ghz//6GB Patriot XGS DDR3 1600@1804 mhz CAS9//HAF 932//Corsair HX1000//ASUS P6T Deluxe//2xMSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II SLI//64GB Patriot Torqx SSD// 1TB Seagate HDD

Secondary --- Macbook :)