Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob Questions

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

What is your impression of the game in its current state ?

Is PVP FFA ?   Do I have to worry about getting ganked everywhere I go ?

What kind of looting  happens if you are killed by another player ?

Would you reccomend the game today ?

How did you like the crafting ?  ( I love crafting, pve and faction conflict ?

Is there faction conflict ? FFA pvp ?   Players vs npc robits ?

Thanks for any help you might give

Comments

• SraikSraik Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

How did you like the crafting ?  ( I live crafting and pve and faction conflict ?

Is there faction conflict ? FFA pvp ?   Players vs npc robits ?

Thanks for any help you might give

Only been playing since July, so take this as my noobish impressions:

• I like the game very well.  In particular, I like how the terrain/landscape flavors the game.  I also like that you can run into some pretty nasty NPC, that you aren't expecting, even on the Alpha 2 islands.  Had to dodge some the other day in my miner.

• PVP is open on the Beta Islands, but not on the Alpha's; so no worries about ganking (except by the NPC's)

• Folks loot from those killed in PvP, but I don't do too much PvP; others will have better answers on the mechanics of it.

• I like the crafting of the game very much, although it seems to take a while to get going on it.

• There is a corp/alliance structure around which teritory is controlled/PvP occurs.

I would recommend giving the game a try.  See if you like it; probably isn't for everyone, like EvE.  For me, the game is sufficiently complex to be entertaining.  I like the fact that it is still pretty young and that the Devs are actively working on mechanics/content.

Right now, the player base is pretty small (about 250 on atm) and games like this really need players to provide the drama/content/conflict...so it has a ways to go on that.  One thing that would help focus PvP is smaller player-owned structures to provide a focus for conflict (folks have differing opinions on this).

Very much looking forward to where the players and Devs take the game.  For me it is worth the modest investment to participate is what could grow into a pretty epic thing.  Make sure to get into a corp; it is more important in Perp than in

EvE.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

To answer your questions:

Very good - it's addictive (I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not! Probably good!)

If you don't want to PvP (until you are ready) stay on the three alpha islands. 

If you venture onto a beta island (or higher) they can loot everything that's left of the wreckage of your robot. However, in this situation, you will probably be in clan - so it's not a big deal - your clan will give you another robot so you can keep helping the clan yourself.

Yes! In important aspect is to think about what sort of robot(s) you want to 'pilot'. For example, I was using the laser faction for ages, then I tried the missile faction and discovered that these robots suit my PvE style much more.

How did you like the crafting ?  ( I live crafting and pve and faction conflict ?

I don't craft so I can't really answer your question - however, the whole economy relies on crafting. Everything needs crafting except the very basic stuff.

Is there faction conflict ? FFA pvp ?  

Yes - very much so!

Players vs npc robits ?

Yes - very much so!