Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lands of Hope - Phoenix Edition - Open BETA

ForlornGamesForlornGames Member UncommonPosts: 34

Hi folks, it has been a while since I have posted on these forums. For the last 6+ months I have been working on a new version of the award winning Lands of Hope browser game.

I am now able to say it is up and running as Open BETA. Everyone is invited to play!

Lands of Hope was a game that revolutionized the Online RPG browser game market when it came out 6 years ago, many of the subsequent games seen in the market since then have pulled concepts and ideas from Lands of Hope and interwoven them into their own design.

Just like its predecessor Forlorn Hope Online which also changed the gaming world when it came out in 2001!

Anyway enough about what has come before, you all want to know what Phoenix Edition has to offer!

Here are some of the features:

• Unique and pleasing artwork

• Real Time Chat

• Large game world and dungeons to explore

• Hundreds of quests

• Two sided gameplay, play as either the Chosen or a Reaper.

• A new Story that follows on and changes the events of the original Lands of Hope

• All new screens, redesigned faster features.

• Gathering and Crafting

• Fighting

• Guilds

• Land Ownership with unique benefits to tiles of Land and where they are located.

• Pet and Mount ownership

In essence this game takes the strongest elements of LoH, and sees the weakest parts get whacked repeatedly with a mallet until they are much better!

You do not need to have played the original LoH the game is designed to be enjoyable both for the novice and advanced gamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3PwH8qi5Qs

This game should work equally well on all Web Browsers, it does not use Flash which means it should work on Tablets such as the Ipad and even some of the more powerful smart phones.

You can find the game at http://www.forlornonline2.com ... please remember this is an Open BETA so there will be changes and some aspects of the game are not 100% done!

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I've tried to get into Lands of Hope 1 so many times. Poor tutorial, many grammatical and spelling errors, unclear options, and a cluttered UI all drove me away each time. I thought I might actually like it were it not for those things.

• ForlornGamesForlornGames Member UncommonPosts: 34

IT shares the same name BUT it has been redesigned immensely. The interface has been hugely simplified ... gameplay elements totally redesigned. Please give it a try ...

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I'm sure I will. I'm just one person.

I will say though, to this one person, seeing proper spelling and grammar in a video game is important. It's like audio in a movie. You don't have much wiggle room as you do with almost every other aspect of the movie. The audio can't be out of sync and the dialogue can't be inaudible. Same thing with spelling and grammar in my opinion. It's one of those things that needs to be right.

Originally posted by Jimmac

I'm sure I will. I'm just one person.

I will say though, to this one person, seeing proper spelling and grammar in a video game is important. It's like audio in a movie. You don't have much wiggle room as you do with almost every other aspect of the movie. The audio can't be out of sync and the dialogue can't be inaudible. Same thing with spelling and grammar in my opinion. It's one of those things that needs to be right.

Well as I wrote pretty much 98% of everything that shows up in the first game and the second game the buck stops with me.

I will say one thing tho whether or not it explains your problem or not I dont know ...

I am from England, although I now live in the USA. Some of my spellings end up being English/American/Englican. For example the US tendancy to have "or" at the end of words where the English have "our". Examples being flavor/flavour - color/colour etc ...

As for anything else in the new game as with the old game you can submit Bugs straight to me and bugs with text/typos etc are acceptable. Use the Support menu then click Report Bug. So if you see anything report it.

Some more screenshots:

Normal Combat

Equipment

Vessel Equipment

You can also find us on Facebook at:

http://www.facebook.com/PhoenixEdition

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by ForlornGames

• Real Time Chat

Most epic feature i have ever seen...lmao

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by Torgrim

Originally posted by ForlornGames

• Real Time Chat

Most epic feature i have ever seen...lmao

There are plenty of browser games with either no chat, chat in a popup or third party or a delayed chat system.

Real Time Chat is therefore a valid and important feature. I am glad it has taken your interest.

Over the last week or so I have added a level 600 - 700 Quest Arc for the Dragonslaying Guild. With 5 new dungeons and thousands of monsters to kill!

Today I implemented a new Halloween event where players can enter a pumpkin patch in the first realm and gather pumpkins. The player with the heaviest pumpkin at the end of two hours wins an ingame prize.