Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knight Online: EU Closed Beta Coming October 11th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

EU Knight Online fans will want to pencil in October 11th as a sick day as the closed beta is scheduled to officially kick off.

To celebrate the start of the CBT, developers are running several contests with winners taking home an iPad 2 among other prizes.

Find out more about Knight Online.

Once again, Piasek rides to the rescue!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

Win GREATE rewards...lmao

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Isn't there already a Knight Online? Is this a relaunch or something?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Distopia

I was just thinking that too, it's a pretty old game too.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by Distopia

I was just thinking that too, it's a pretty old game too.

Yeah definitely an old one.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Its "new" release for Europe by http://www.nttgame.com/ publisher.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Clarified.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

I remember playing this back in 2005

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I played this back when you started a new character, ran down to the blood worms or whatever and saw some guy standing there and all the enemies just dying around him for miles. Hacks were completely rampant back then. I wonder how this new developer will handle that. Plus the game itself, while it may look very bad graphically, was really fun for some odd reason.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Panther2103

I played this back when you started a new character, ran down to the blood worms or whatever and saw some guy standing there and all the enemies just dying around him for miles. Hacks were completely rampant back then. I wonder how this new developer will handle that. Plus the game itself, while it may look very bad graphically, was really fun for some odd reason.

A friend of mine used to play, according to him the game is run by Turkish players that hack and dupe. The company running it refuses to punish them for fear they'll quit. My mate quit after there was a sever wipe of items due to duping he paid for his items in the cash shop legit but still lost them all and quit when they refused to reimburse him. The Turks just duped thier items back, I don't think this is worth playing as it's just ruled by Turkish internet cafes where the internet cafe owners sell the hacks and dupes to this game. Avoid at all costs.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    play it way back, k2 who's in charge is totally worthless, refuse to punish hackers, I.also left after my chitin is gone due to server wipes which I grind and save it up to buy.

but 2 things I truly like about this game is the open world mobs, which you can see the strongest mob in the wrold, and really inspire me to level up and take them on someday ....

though dat day never comes, also like their pvp, and the declaration about how many orcs and humans are dead during battles

RIP Orc Choppa

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Open world ftw... man I remember this game from ages ago....
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

I remember this game, and as Agricola1 said, I also remember a lot of strange stuff about Turkish Internet cafe's running the show.

I just checked the website, it's still the exact same game as far as I can tell, just a different publisher.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

i used to play this a long time ago.  The realm war was so much fun, massive battles ftw...too bad hackers ruined the game.

• greenie224greenie224 Member Posts: 37

This was one of my first MMO's and some of my fondest memories derive from this game. I remember staying up all night on Christmas Eve doing the events... awhhh good times. It's a shame that 70% of the community is Turkish.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"-Voltaire

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

lol this game is so old.

with its graphic style you can definitely see how old it is instead of having those 'timeless graphics' styles like i dont know... diablo 1.

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

it was fun, before this retarded turkish invasion... baba shoppers everywhere... but it was fun years ago... actually PVP in knight online was really good:)

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Hack/Bot infested free to play mmo not worth the download.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Meh, big whoop, this game has been out for years, played it before and I'm in UK, why should anyone care about this really?  waste of time if you ask me.

imageimage

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Avoid, it was bad when it first came out, it isn't any better now.

• TyranosinTyranosin Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by Panther2103

while it may look very bad graphically, was really fun for some odd reason.

haahahaha yea indeed, i'm still searching for the reason why I played it 10.000 years ago.

I hope they're gonna fix the graphics or ATLEAST the stupid hacks.

• RNMedraORNMedraO Member Posts: 2

Knight Online is a fantasy MMORPG in which players can choose to play as either Karus (Orc) or El Morad (Human). After you choose a nation It's time to choose a class. There are four different classes: Mage, Warrior, Priest and Assassin. You can however use different builds by putting your stats in certain ways to become

different types of unofficial classes. Such as BattlePriest, Papermage. image

The party system is simple. A maximum of 8 players can join a party and you receive more experience points the bigger party you have. The party leader can choose to disband players from his party and invite people. 

Leveling is a pain in the ass in this game. Even though K2networks has continuously updated the game with new patches to make it more "Noob-friendly". The level cap is 80 (Started at 70). Leveling to lvl 60 takes about 2 weeks and was in earlier stage the highest goal for most players before they started entering the PvP zone. Nowadays It's considered a low lvl and you can't really stand a chance in PvP unless you are lvl 70+ which takes A LOT of time. At lvl 59 you can enter a smaller PvP-area which is good but the gap between 60-70 is too big in my opinion. Especially as your experience gained gets cut in half after lvl 61.