Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I MISS YOU EQ!!!

ChemcalChemcal Member Posts: 32

Pre LDoN that is....

So what's the new big MMO coming out that's going to cause me to lose my job, friends, fiance, etc etc... 

And dont' say starwars, that game is going to be a craptastic pile of solo player bass ackwards clone of WoW, don't argue with me either, my opinion is better than yours.

Comments

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

EQ next?

• ChemcalChemcal Member Posts: 32

You know EQN is going the way of what sells and not what's good.... I have high hopes and will buy it just cause I support the brand.... 

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

As much as I hate SOE; I have to give EQ:Next a try when it comes out.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I miss EQ alot aswell, almost everyday i thin kabout the times ive had playing that game and how nowaday MMORPG killed the magic of the MMORPG genre, I hope that EQ next will bring back the magic that EQ had, however it will be a long wait until we get some info. They screwed up in the past trying to cater EQ to WoW fans but if anyone can fix it i beleive SoE can since they basicly gave birth to the magic of MMORPGs

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by sanshi44

I miss EQ alot aswell, almost everyday i thin kabout the times ive had playing that game and how nowaday MMORPG killed the magic of the MMORPG genre, I hope that EQ next will bring back the magic that EQ had, however it will be a long wait until we get some info. They screwed up in the past trying to cater EQ to WoW fans but if anyone can fix it i beleive SoE can since they basicly gave birth to the magic of MMORPGs

SOE didn't create EQ......

Quizquestion 1 :  What company did create and host the Orriginal EQ before SOE took over?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Quizquestion 1 :  What company did create and host the Orriginal EQ before SOE took over?

Redeye (renamed Verant Interactive).

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by Chemcal

Pre LDoN that is....

So what's the new big MMO coming out that's going to cause me to lose my job, friends, fiance, etc etc... 

And dont' say starwars, that game is going to be a craptastic pile of solo player bass ackwards clone of WoW, don't argue with me either, my opinion is better than yours.

The new games are that much better. If they wern't then everybody would still be playing EQ.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I miss you too... now fix my dinner, i'm hungry.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by grunt187

This is the oldest, DUMBEST rumor.

Redeye, (989 Studios) was a test subsidiary OF SONY to test the viability of a 3D MMO without affecting any other aspect of Sony studios (SCEA) computer gaming. It was taken over and the entirety of its dev team became SOE.  It was all along a Sony project spun off from SCEA onto an independent studio to see if a 3D MMO could be made by McQuaid, Clover, and Trost.

It wasn't some indie dev team on their own getting gobbled up by the big bad SOE monster. It WAS the big bad SOE monster from square 1.

You people just want to divorce the EQ success from your hated SOE, well here's the truth kiddies, if you liked EQ, then you liked Sony's plan from day 1. Stuff that into your indie 'fight-the-man' underground pipe and puff puff puff!

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by Velocinox

Originally posted by grunt187

This is the oldest, DUMBEST rumor.

Redeye, (989 Studios) was a test subsidiary OF SONY to test the viability of a 3D MMO without affecting any other aspect of Sony studios (SCEA) computer gaming. It was taken over and the entirety of its dev team became SOE.  It was all along a Sony project spun off from SCEA onto an independent studio to see if a 3D MMO could be made by McQuaid, Clover, and Trost.

It wasn't some indie dev team on their own getting gobbled up by the big bad SOE monster. It WAS the big bad SOE monster from square 1.

You people just want to divorce the EQ success from your hated SOE, well here's the truth kiddies, if you liked EQ, then you liked Sony's plan from day 1. Stuff that into your indie 'fight-the-man' underground pipe and puff puff puff!

Good to know im not the only one ehre that knows that, everyone nowaday just think they were different companies.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Miss u too
This discussion has been closed.