Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glitch - An invitation

DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

For the past few days now, I've been playing a browser-based MMO called Glitch. The game, IMO, is a mix of Little Big Planet in the art style department, while having gameplay elements of EVE Online and Animal Crossing.

The game is hard to explain, since there's nothing else like it at the moment. You make a character called a Glitchen. Character creation consists of skin color, eyes, nose, ears, and mouth which can call be changed in scale and placement. Hair and hair color is obviously a choice, and you pick over 400(!) items to wear.

There's no gear in the game, just standard tools (though Glitchens with certain skills can make better versions). It controls like a platformer, but has a huge emphasis on crafting and playing wth the tools the devs give you. It is a skill based game with no classes, and the skills are learned in real time ala EVE.

There's two types of reserves you gotta keep up: Energy and Mood. Energy you need to eat, and Mood you can get by certain drinks and actions (there's a healing skill that helps both, though). The game has a God system where you can gain favor to spend for faster skill gains, a housing system, it's own economy since most stuff is player made, and a world built like EVE's (instead of star systems and jump gates, you have streets and street signs).

Though it's browser based, the whole game world is persistent. And since the dev's have good plenty enough funding, the game's quite polished. If you want to learn more, here's a nice video Beau of Massively.com did over the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TsNZRQxOLY

There's currently a week of waiting time if you register for the game (they're adding more streets to support all the new players, since it's all on a single server), but if you want to skip that send me a PM on here with your email. I have three invites left, and they'll be given out first come first serve.

Comments

• HazzieHazzie Member Posts: 15

PM sent, thanks :)

• booskAbooskA Member UncommonPosts: 79

Glitch is awesome. I was talking to a friend about it the other day and we both agreed that it was fun to just be logged into the game, not even playing. I also really enjoy that it actually encourages working together and being social. I'm amazed that a browser based Flash game could get something like that right while every other MMO of the past 7 years does a horrible, horrible job at it.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Invites are out. Glad to see interest :D

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

If there are anymore keys or if anyone else has a key to this game let me know i would like to check it out

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

This game has a lot of cool things going on in it.  It's on my watch list :)

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Originally posted by booskA

Glitch is awesome. I was talking to a friend about it the other day and we both agreed that it was fun to just be logged into the game, not even playing. I also really enjoy that it actually encourages working together and being social. I'm amazed that a browser based Flash game could get something like that right while every other MMO of the past 7 years does a horrible, horrible job at it.

So true, booskA. The atmosphere of the game rivals Little Big Planet, a game that I consider one of the best for setting a mood.

And there's nothing like a conga line of miners. Other games players would just see the others as competition.

• mkasumkasu Member UncommonPosts: 16

Game sounds interesting, I just heard about it from another source some days ago. I'll check it out when its available I guess.

Currently: -
    Waiting: -
    Played: Wurm Online (1 yr), Darkfall (1yr), WoW (6yr)
    Tried: Aion, AoC, DDO, Earthrise, EQ2, LotRO, GW, Mortal Online, Rift, SWTOR, Warhammer

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

It's a surprisingly fun game,  i started with hesitation  but,  it is surprisingly addicitve,  not your normall mmo  for sure  but a great time waster,  any one want an invite PM me your email addie

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• Token1337GuyToken1337Guy Member Posts: 159

It's cool to see Glitch getting some more attention.  I'd say it's definitely not a game for everyone, though.  There's a big emphasis on being social, and frankly if you're just playing by yourself it's not very interesting.  I would offer my invites as well, but I've already sent all three of them out.  If any of you play, feel free to add Oxyidiot to your friends list, or come stop by my home in Louise Pasture.  It's room 1580.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I just tried it for myself. I don't know why, but I find it kind of fun. Feel free to add me as a friend (I'm so lonely ; _ ;), my character name is Kaerigan.

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to find items and such? Right now I need tomatoes for example, but I'm having trouble finding a place to plant the seeds.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• NosferazielNosferaziel Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by Kaerigan

I just tried it for myself. I don't know why, but I find it kind of fun. Feel free to add me as a friend (I'm so lonely ; _ ;), my character name is Kaerigan.

Also, does anyone have any tips on how to find items and such? Right now I need tomatoes for example, but I'm having trouble finding a place to plant the seeds.

There are several ways to find items. If you have enough currants you can buy them at the auction. (you can access it by clicking on your character name in the top right of the screen)

You can buy them at a produce or groceries vendor. (I have a doubt on which one it is)

If you want too grow them yourself the best way is to buy a house, (the cheapest ones cost 4000 currants) ou'll have several square to grow your tomatoes. (the number of square depends of the price of the house)

Hope that'll help you, you can add me in game ! (character name : Nosferaziel)

• kirak2009kirak2009 Member UncommonPosts: 543

you can actually get an apartment for 1500, has 4 patchs  for crops,  small  but when you want to upgrade you can sell it for 80% of what ya paid (1200)

I am Phayz in game

"All expectation leads to suffering" Buhhda

• NosferazielNosferaziel Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by kirak2009

you can actually get an apartment for 1500, has 4 patchs  for crops,  small  but when you want to upgrade you can sell it for 80% of what ya paid (1200)

Thanks for correcting me I forgot the appartments :)