Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this real?

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Sure looks like it to me, but many are saying it is staged.  How can you stage this?

Looks real to me

LINK

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Looks fake to me,just the way that suv flew after hitting that little bike,then landed upright on all 4 wheels,with the immediate flames and explosion just doesnt look all that real to me.Plus it would seem like that bike would have a hell of a lot more damage as well if it was.

But thanks for the link because this Thanks, Smokey! was in the suggested videos sidebar and I needed a good laugh.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Originally posted by Asheram

Looks fake to me,just the way that suv flew after hitting that little bike,then landed upright on all 4 wheels,with the immediate flames and explosion just doesnt look all that real to me.Plus it would seem like that bike would have a hell of a lot more damage as well if it was.

But thanks for the link because this Thanks, Smokey! was in the suggested videos sidebar and I needed a good laugh.

That video (Thanks, Smokey!) .... I found it about a week ago. It gave me the biggest WTF moment I think I've ever had... It's an instant classic! Very funny video. image

Edit: About the OPs video... seems fake but you do have to consider it would take a lot of money to stage it just for a stupid YouTube video. Might be real.

Second Edit: Yeah after watching it a few more times and slowing it down I'd have to say that it's fake. The spots where the SUV hits the car, the bike and the pole should have debris and they don't. Also there are no skid marks even though you do hear screeching of tires. Also the bike is intact laying on the ground with no damage after the impact and the pole that the SUV bounces off doesn't have so much as a scratch on it when they run by. I won't even go into the Hollywood type explosion at the end. Final answer... FAKE!

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Has to be a fake, the explosion is way too big for the speed that it happens in.  Most wrecks I've seen that end up with a spontaneous fireball like that need more time sitting around waiting for the gas fumes to build up.  For something that big to go off in that short amount of time, there would have already had to be volatilized tanks of gas sitting inside the car, or maybe some sort of fuel pump siphoning gas directly from the tank into the interior.

Edit: that and the dude filming managed to calmly track the SUV as it barreled past him toward its resting spot.  Got to at least try to pretend that he wasn't expecting it, if it was really there at all and not CGI.

Edit 2: no tire marks on the road, zero signs of impact damage to that pole that it hit.  I would say the tree has no damage either, but I can't quite make out whether or not it actually hit the tree, or just the curb.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Fake, all that +

The camera man, was focused on the guy talking about the bike, THEN for no reasion the camrea man amed his cam to the left for to see the suv speeding at them from far off.......It was staged for some reasion.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Fake.

They had the bike off camera and laid it down, unharmed, then when they approached the car you can tell it's added to the video once it lights on fire. Then the D-list movie values in that explosion.

I give them credit for trying, but the OP zero for even posing the question.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

It looks like a 3D animation, you see it especially when the car is close to the "camera"...it looks like in movies. And a car doesnt explode like that, thats Hollywood fantasy crap hehe.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by outfctrl

Sure looks like it to me, but many are saying it is staged.  How can you stage this?
    Looks real to me
    LINK

Never in a million years is that real! Its clearly CGI and why the camerman switched hs view from the bike to the SUV? Also frankly one would have to believe anything he sees (such as fox news for example) to think the SUV looked real. Also the flames.......

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• viadiviadi Member Posts: 816

it's got to be real it's on youtube!!

Tin Foil hats dont work.. its all a conspiracy

• Annah_HAnnah_H Member UncommonPosts: 57

interesting video ut yeah i didnt see any skidmarks or anything that would give it away as real

Formally known as Enigma

• MytobMytob Member Posts: 79

fake