Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steve Jobs has passed away.

BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Comments

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Just heard the news myself. I knew it would happen eventually, but didn't expect it quite this soon.

R.I.P.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355

Hey, dont get me wrong, I feel for him and his family. Just saying I love my droid X.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

If his coffin isn't shiny aluminum backed people are gonna be TICKED!

I joke only cuz I love. This world didn't need to lose any more intelligence.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

I love that the guy is being hailed as a hero.  Maybe if I invent some neat trinket that makes a ton of money, I can be excused for being negligent with severe pollutants or totally careless with the lives of foreign factory workers, or stagnating touchscreen progress for the sake of personal greed.

• Vortex5ooVortex5oo Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by twodayslate

I love that the guy is being hailed as a hero.  Maybe if I invent some neat trinket that makes a ton of money, I can be excused for being negligent with severe pollutants or totally careless with the lives of foreign factory workers, or stagnating touchscreen progress for the sake of personal greed.

Yes lets spread the hate its not like the guy had cancer and just died or something... oh wait...

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by Vortex5oo

Originally posted by twodayslate

Yes lets spread the hate its not like the guy had cancer and just died or something... oh wait...

I have an aunt dying of lymphoma as I am writing this, but nobody in the family cares because she went out of her way to crap all over everyone in the family years ago.  The cause of someone's death is inconsequential to how they lived their lives.

Yes he was instrumental in advancing computing to where it is today, but he was basically the Richard Garriott of the technology industry.  He may have been a respectable player at one point, but he lost his way a long time ago.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    R.I.P Steve you were a great man
  • sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

[Mod Edit]

RIP Steve Jobs. No reason to pretend his singular life was more important than any of ours or ours a nameless kid dead in Somalia, but there's absolutely no doubt his life was more positively impactful than most on this planet so he is a great loss. 

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Lets avoid baiting others into personal attacks.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Before he passed, he turned to his children and said "You guys are the Apple of my eye".

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

are we to expect the unveiling of the iCasket at his funeral?

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Illius

Nope, it's the new iPod. image

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Don't be fooled guys. Steve Jobs did not die of cancer, he was killed by an Android.

O_o o_O

Originally posted by Dekron

You guys are both gonna have to wait for iWake 2s to pass first.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by PukeBucket

Unless someone creates the iNecro first to turn him into ZombieJobs!

Originally posted by Vato26

You trying to say Microsoft is gonna steal reanimating the dead technology?

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Very intellenligent guy. He knew that the mast majority of people are so incredibly stupid that they'd pay so much for a product just to make their lives a tiny bit easier.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

I don't really care to be honest. Yes it's sad and all that, but not any more sad than the death of "Generic Human 947586" , he never really do anything i cared about so meh.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

[Looks at my prior post]

[Notes that Microsoft is never mentioned]

[Notes that I specifically said "anyone"]

• overyou123overyou123 Member Posts: 5

I hope that the iphone 4s will be cheaper because Steve jobs past away.... but lucky for the family of steve jobs. they will inherit his fortune. hahaha

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

Tonight I mourn the passing of a marketing genius and make a few predictions about the future of his legacy.

Jobs could have sold manure to people that lived in mud huts. He could have sold ice cubes to penguins. So let's take a moment of silence to remember this amazing prensentator for what he truly was: A fine ad man.

Now,..

Remember 1994? You know? After Jobs left Apple? Yeah, it's the same situation now. All they really need to do is ditch the Mac in order to focus entirely on the iPad and it'd be deja vu all over again. For those of you that don't remember, they ditched the Apple IIgs in order to focus on the Mac the last time. Three years later, Apple had to be bailed out by Microsoft.

So I'm thinking that without Jobs, Apple is going to get devored by Google and Amazon. Not surprising really. PDAs died and led to the Blackberry which lead to the modern smart phone. The iPad will die and lead to a better eReader which will lead to the future A portable media devices. But Apple will pretty much be done unless they can find another genius to do their marketing.

[Mod Edit]

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I don't harbor any real hate for Jobs...but damn it these people who are posting facebook statuses about him being some kind of fucking hero and changing their profile pictures and posting videos...those people are ridiculous to me.

It really just exemplifies that Apple is less about a product and more about a social/pop culture movement...one based on overpriced products designed for people who can't operate simple machinery.  That is, objectively, what Apple is.  For someone like me that works in a tech related field and has been the tech guy for his friends for years...Apple is just a freaking obnoxious company...and their consumers make thigns much much worse.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Kind of surprised no one has given him much credit for backing / helping a small group of people who formed the company called Pixar.  Lucas gave up on them and very few believed in them.  Steve allowed them the room to do things their way.   After a good length of time the result was sucess after success.  It's kind of funny because it's rumored that anyone who leaves Pixar to go to another company is often asked what Pixar's secret is. Go figure.

Wish we had a Steve Jobs backing a good group of developers on a MMo.

Edit:  Now that's freaky. After saying that last bit, I go to recent posts and see this..... http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/328737/page/1

[Looks at my prior post]

Yeah... right. I'm watching you.

[Looks at my prior post]

Yeah... right. I'm watching you.