Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Miss You. Wish You Were Here!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In the latest installment of awesome screenshots from En Masse Entertainment and the TERA development team, we see innocent travelers hoping for some rest and relaxation in beautiful locales only to have those hopes dashed with the arrival of B.A.M.s (Big Ass Monsters). Check out our latest installment of TERA Tuesdays: Miss You. Wish You Were Here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Really want to like this game, but just cannot get over the over sized anime weapons... I guess if the game is unbelievably good after its been out a month or two I might give it a shot. 

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    for me I like it, as it brings out the ommph of the melee class, but hope they can release soon

RIP Orc Choppa

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

I think thats the biggest weapon I have ever seen in a video game..... Holy  fk that thing is huge.

To bad this game has awhile yet. I would like to play a game with aim based targeting.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• CacophanistCacophanist Member Posts: 100

The weapons and anime put me off too much. I mean just look at the guys wrist size compared to the sword thing he is wealding. Just looks dumb.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by Vunak23

I think thats the biggest weapon I have ever seen in a video game..... Holy  fk that thing is huge.

To bad this game has awhile yet. I would like to play a game with aim based targeting.

Try Darkfall...very good game.  They recently announced an exp...so its dead till the exp comes out, but great game.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Naral

Really want to like this game, but just cannot get over the over sized anime weapons... I guess if the game is unbelievably good after its been out a month or two I might give it a shot. 

I think I could live with it as long as they don't pull an Aion and start handing out teletubbie outfits and giant carrots for weapons. ^^

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

That looks like a lance of sorts and they get kinda big in some of these MMOs

^-- In Mabinogi,the huge weapons like that are only good against enemies a certain distance away. Once the enemy closes in, the weapon is useless.

My favorite large weapon, albeit a weapon intended to spoof the weapons of MMOs, is the Vorpal Pizza Cutter from Dungeon Runners.

So far I'm really liking the art of TERA. I sort of like the gameplay I've seen, but that's because I've only seen snippets. Cool animations often stops looking cool if you find that are constantly cycling between the same four or five over and over each battle.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

Nice language in the SS, seems worth playing...../sarcasm...

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by afhn2110

Try Darkfall...very good game.  They recently announced an exp...so its dead till the exp comes out, but great game.

Nice try... the gankers try to lure more noob victims , must be getting really boring there....

Hope to see Tera released next summer after the big 3 (SWTOR,GW2,SW)

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

The soul-sword visual philosophy never really had traction in the west but the game looks ace.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by Cacophanist

The weapons and anime put me off too much. I mean just look at the guys wrist size compared to the sword thing he is wealding. Just looks dumb.

Are you talking about the lance? :X

Or the claymore?

• Cyberdeck7Cyberdeck7 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Nice try... the gankers try to lure more noob victims , must be getting really boring there....

Hope to see Tera released next summer after the big 3 (SWTOR,GW2,SW)

Huh - someone who hasn't played offering judgement. I've been playing for a month now. The only time I've been killed was when a higher lvl character arrived in the nooblands with a lower level character. They killed us, but then rezzed us. I haven't gotten ganked yet.

When I arrived in the game, a player from racial chat asked if there were noobs on. He then rode for 15 minutes to come down and give me a bunch of crap. That type of thing - niceness from strangers is the only interaction I've experienced.

There is PvP content and full loot, but that doesn't mean the game is filled with asshats. We're decent people who enjoy real combat and loot drops that make sense.

I should add that gear-grind is non-existant. End-game consists of massive battles between clans.

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

Looking forward to this one. I'm planning on having the smallest character with the largest possible weapon!

• Jackal-79Jackal-79 Member UncommonPosts: 55

Originally posted by Cacophanist

I do beleive thats a woman, I dont mind the hugeness of the weapons as long as they give a reason why! low gravity ? some super light weight alloy :) who knows.

I think the guy going to strike the beast, is thinking "shit my swords stuck in the sand"  Giant Crab +1

• neeblelockneeblelock Member Posts: 4

The large weapons are a bit over the top, but that whole directional targeting thing sounds nice.  I've looked at the videos and I have to say, it looks sweet.  One concern though -- am I going to have to buy a new computer just to be able to run it effectively?  

I would really like to know the system recomendations.  If any betas out there would like to post some frame rates with system specs I'd appreciate it.

is it even in beta yet?  /shrug

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by neeblelock

The large weapons are a bit over the top, but that whole directional targeting thing sounds nice.  I've looked at the videos and I have to say, it looks sweet.  One concern though -- am I going to have to buy a new computer just to be able to run it effectively?  

I would really like to know the system recomendations.  If any betas out there would like to post some frame rates with system specs I'd appreciate it.

is it even in beta yet?  /shrug

Taken from the official site,  and no it's not in beta yet.  (I'm playing the game with i5 760, 4GB ram, 6850, @ max settings)

TERA (black) TERA's System Requirements

While the final system requirements have not yet been determined, we're committed to bringing TERA to as many people as possible. If you have a gaming rig from the last four years, you should be able to run TERA.

The recommended system requirements:

• CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ or INTEL Core2 Duo E6750

• RAM: 4 GB or greater

• GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3870 or NVidia Geforce 8800GT

• HDD: 35 GB (70 GB for download installation†)

• DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

• Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Drive

• Connection: Broadband

† Additional disc space can help improve performance, disc space used by installer and game client does not increase.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Originally posted by Loktofeit

That looks like a lance of sorts and they get kinda big in some of these MMOs

^-- In Mabinogi,the huge weapons like that are only good against enemies a certain distance away. Once the enemy closes in, the weapon is useless.

My favorite large weapon, albeit a weapon intended to spoof the weapons of MMOs, is the Vorpal Pizza Cutter from Dungeon Runners.

So far I'm really liking the art of TERA. I sort of like the gameplay I've seen, but that's because I've only seen snippets. Cool animations often stops looking cool if you find that are constantly cycling between the same four or five over and over each battle.

There's an old saying in fantasy land....the bigger the lance the smaller the....

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

The game isn't doing well in Korea which is a bad sign. En Masse is taking quite a lot of time "localizing" the game as their competitors release ahead of them. So yea... good luck to them...

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• PocketmasterPocketmaster Member UncommonPosts: 1

;-)

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    People really complain about big weapons? Its a weapon. Its an MMO. A fantasy world. If over sized weapons are unrealistic, then so is magic. If mages can wield magic, then melee classes can have abnormal strength.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Wow moar screenies.....LAME.....SIGH!!!!