Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think, How much will the PSP Vita will cost when it is already in the market?

dale25phdale25ph Member Posts: 24

Guys do you think how much the PSP Vita will cost in the market? I think it will cost for about $250 to 300 as an initial market cost and it will go down to $200 after 6 months. Considering its new engine, design concept and the upcoming games that it covers.

Comments

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by dale25ph

Guys do you think how much the PSP Vita will cost in the market? I think it will cost for about $250 to 300 as an initial market cost and it will go down to $200 after 6 months. Considering its new engine, design concept and the upcoming games that it covers.

The vita is $249 for the wifi version and $299 for the 3g version. I am waiting to see what Sony does in regards to my old UMD games.  

• dale25phdale25ph Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by catlana

The vita is $249 for the wifi version and $299 for the 3g version. I am waiting to see what Sony does in regards to my old UMD games.  

Oh, right thats a great amount of a problem there. I presume they will let you keep the old psp and they will still make this UMD, or they will make an additional accessories for external umd reader. Well let us just see what they install for the consumers. 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

After what sony did to the PSP, I'm suprised about all the hype with the Vita.  I'll pass.  It'll be just like the PSP, it'll have an awesome launch, then after 6 months, there won't be a single game that's worth buying.  If it's any fortelling of the future, why isn't there a 4g version for the Vita?  3g is so old now...

I never liked it since they announced it, but everything I hear about it just makes it worse.  Some games will save on the system itself, others will save on a sd card, but it's not transferable and you don't get to chose which way to save...horrible plan, horribly executed, that's Sony's Motto.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by catlana

http://www.gametrailers.com/users/MikeGT/gamepad/?action=viewblog&id=564513

That should answer your question about UMD games. 

I don't know why Sony doesn't just allow you to register your UMDs, linking the games to your Playstation account, with your current PSP. Although I would guess that it has something to do with the fact that not all PSP games are available at the Playstation store. 

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Gravarg

After what sony did to the PSP, I'm suprised about all the hype with the Vita.  I'll pass.  It'll be just like the PSP, it'll have an awesome launch, then after 6 months, there won't be a single game that's worth buying.  If it's any fortelling of the future, why isn't there a 4g version for the Vita?  3g is so old now...

Awesome launch? i take it you never looked at a psp game after those 6 months, since all the best psp games came out well after it.

Ape Escape: On the Loose

SCEA

Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower

Capcom

Dynasty Warriors

Koei

Gretzky NHL

SCEA

Lumines

Ubisoft

Metal Gear Acid

Konami

NBA

SCEA

Need for Speed: Underground Rivals

Electronic Arts

NFL Street 2 Unleashed

Electronic Arts

Ridge Racer

Namco Bandai Games

Spider-Man 2

Activision

Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Electronic Arts

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix

Activision

Twisted Metal: Head-On

SCEA

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade

Sony Online Entertainment

Wipeout Pure

SCEA

World Tour Soccer

Ya, what an awesome launch /sarcasm.

AS for the vite saves, ya how dare sony allow the developers the choice of wether or not to use a memory card or not? bastards, and making you havce a memory card, how dare they! after all, witht he psp you need no memory card, and a real gamer definetley wont want any extra space...oh wait...

Sounds like teh whiney rants of an anti sony whiner who never had any interest in teh product and is just grasp9ong at whatever he can.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.