Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally! A game that portrays elves...

gryphon93gryphon93 Member Posts: 68

..as something other than wimpy looking 98-pound weaklings.

Skyrim is gonna rock!

My MMO buddies aren't going to see me for months, I'm afraid.

For more images: http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-screenshots-races-jc-99917/

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

It does look awesome but just not my thing. I don't have the patience for Oblivion/Fallout 3, too much talking not enough stabbing.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417

I just wonder if they've improved the 3rd person view of combat. I dont like 1st person myself. From what i've seen of the combat they try to keep it in 1st person.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Huh, I guess that is what happens to a fourth or fifth generation Bosmer living in the frozen north.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by gryphon93

..as something other than wimpy looking 98-pound weaklings.

Skyrim is gonna rock!

My MMO buddies aren't going to see me for months, I'm afraid.

For more images: http://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-screenshots-races-jc-99917/

Same here, ill buried myself for few months deep in TAMRIEL:Skyrim no other games.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by travamars

I just wonder if they've improved the 3rd person view of combat. I dont like 1st person myself. From what i've seen of the combat they try to keep it in 1st person.

Why would anyone ever want third person for a game such as this.

IIRC you can play in third person mode.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

In core its still a PC game that from day that originated with first installment, ARENA that was a FPS style game.

And thats Elder Scrols for you, third person will always be option but not realy core gameplay view and movement.

Its best played in first person mode no matter what others say or like.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

They say they have and have specifically talked about the fact that some folks like toplay that way.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Looks like Bethesda raises the bar once again.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Actually there's a video on the developer blog that specifically talks about how they improved the animations and such for 3rd person view, and it does look *much* better.

I prefer 1st person view myself, and I heard about one possible draw back is that you will be forced into 3rd person view for certain finishing moves. 

I've been extremely excited about the game, but at the same time I'm a bit weary that it will turn out like new vegas or the like. I'll most likely buy it right out of the gate though... cannot be worse than the newest final fantasy game! 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Half ork with pointy ears.

I like the ''wimpy'' elves.

The game is gonna be great tho!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by skeaser

It does look awesome but just not my thing. I don't have the patience for Oblivion/Fallout 3, too much talking not enough stabbing.

Are you serious, man?  My kill counter in FO3 for my newest character just broke 1,500.  My ammo is having one helluva hard time keeping up, and I'm resorting to smashing faces with baseball bats, rolling pins, tire irons, sledgehammers, switchblades, brass knuckles, combat knives, etc image

I got nukes, knives, sharp sticks, etc.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

yäi, more elves...

welcome to year 20 of our elve reportage, today we focus on pointy ears... again..... and on elves not hugging trees and being cool.

awww ffs give me some scifi finaly, lasers and space pirates and moonelves and... eh wait! NO ELVES!

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147

I don't know, for some reason I never saw Night Elves(WoW) as being 98 pound weaklings... have you seen how ripped they are?

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by skeaser

Their more enteraining than most of the tripe that supposedly passes for a MMORPG.