Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: No Titan at Blizzcon

124»

Comments

• AsatrusFireAsatrusFire Member Posts: 34

Maybe they are too busy trying to figure out how to fix the mess they made out of WoW?

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Kuinn

Titan is years away, I dont understand why someone even expects to hear anything about it yet.

Titan is most likely a third or fourth quarter 2013 release. So I agree that is a long time to hype a game. Blizz will push Wow 4.3 and Diablo 3 as their answer to SWToR. 

Edit: Blizz will announce an explansion to WoW as well. 

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

No one rushes the 800lb gorilla in the room, so don't expect them to say ehhh about titan. Blizz has the luxuary of its fans and being one of the few Pc only dev's thats hughly profitable (even though they claim they can support of systems).  Even if WoW was to drop to 4mil subs, its stiff profitable maybe not as before but it still it.

I think its a good bet not to expect them to fully say anything yet, until after the next 2 WoW xpac's but i expect will tibits now and again to be revealed. There is also the exception and if investors demands it they will have to say something...

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by catlana

Originally posted by Kuinn

Titan is years away, I dont understand why someone even expects to hear anything about it yet.

Titan is most likely a third or fourth quarter 2013 release. So I agree that is a long time to hype a game. Blizz will push Wow 4.3 and Diablo 3 as their answer to SWToR. 

Edit: Blizz will announce an explansion to WoW as well. 

Diablo 3 announed in 2008 at the WWI, it is now almost 2012 and no release date yet.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Diablo 3 announed in 2008 at the WWI, it is now almost 2012 and no release date yet.

Yeah. I dont remember dates very well but seems I was just getting resubbed for WOTLK and an ingame friend was talking about D3. Doesnt seem that long ago but I think your right.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• djvapiddjvapid Member Posts: 80

No mention of Titan during Blizzcon.  /End Thread  (Really, you made a thread just to report nothing?  Moron.)

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

It's true that they don't need to announce anything, but it's the only news I'm looking for out of Blizzard. If they can't provide any information, that just saves me some time trudging through articles and updates: I won't be paying attention to Blizzcon.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• MajDogMeatMajDogMeat Member UncommonPosts: 17

Ok so Titan is to be the end all do all of MMO....NOT

SWTOR is what they want to be. So get on board and stop the Billz love fan boy gig.

They are is a scramble mode to be more then they can be,

Game over, they have lost the title of Big Boss in MMO.

Just say'in

Any problem can be solved, with the Proper Amount of High Explosives.....
    Don’t take life serious, you’ll never get out alive…..

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by DarkPony

No worries. Here's the exclusive scope on Titan, from me for mmorpg.com:

PARIS, France. – 29 September, 2011 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that its highly anticipated next-gen mmorpg, commonly known by working its title, Titan, will be making use of the Avatar intellectual property.

Nope.  Blizzard has said repeatedly that  their new game is based on an IP of their own design.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by Teala

Originally posted by DarkPony

No worries. Here's the exclusive scope on Titan, from me for mmorpg.com:

PARIS, France. – 29 September, 2011 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that its highly anticipated next-gen mmorpg, commonly known by working its title, Titan, will be making use of the Avatar intellectual property.

Nope.  Blizzard has said repeatedly that  their new game is based on an IP of their own design.

That's just what they want you to believe. Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb