Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: No Titan at Blizzcon

Comments

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by elocke

So....what is the point of going to or reading ANYTHING about this year's Blizzcon?  Seriously, I hope Blizzard starts to choke on it's own success and pathetically long development times on current games and upcoming ones.  

Well...there's a Foo Fighter concert...not sure how much concert tickets go for these days but it can't be $175 can it?

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

I have it on very solid, very inside sources that TITAN is going to be based on an alternate dimension where intelligent ostrichs fight each other with fruit. Diplomacy is going to be a core pillar of the game, and youll need it to buy and improve enormous Carmen Miranda pineapple-hats which you ll use to squash your enemies. There will be also a real money Auction House, where you can sell real fruit too.

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I thought Titan was going to be an original ip that didn't exist yet? So does this rule out avatar?
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Originally posted by BlackUhuru

Insiders close to me have stated that Blizzard is going to make the Avatar mmorpg but have to wait for the sequal Movie to be release before any info about the game can surface...

From what i understand Titan (Avatar mmo) will be a Full on Sandbox mmo with migrating mobs like in Ryzom.

My dad works for Blizz and sais it's a new IP called "The Dark Pony"

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

So....what is the point of going to or reading ANYTHING about this year's Blizzcon?  Seriously, I hope Blizzard starts to choke on it's own success and pathetically long development times on current games and upcoming ones.  

Lets see...

Heart of the Swarm announcement

Diablo 3 news

Next WoW expansion

Yep sounds like plenty to me.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Leviathonlx

Lets see...

Diablo 3 news

Next WoW expansion

So announcements  about SC2 expansion we already know about, Diablo 3 we already know about, could care less about the Foo Fighters, and WoW expansion, ok..I'll give you this one..IF they even announce it.   What would be awesome is a full fledged trailer for the WoW movie supposedly in the works for the last 7 years....rofl, it seems Hollywood is taking forever with the movie and copying Blizzard's development style, hahahahahahah, ah the irony.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by rankor2

I thought Titan was going to be an original ip that didn't exist yet? So does this rule out avatar?

The guy saying they are going to make an avatar mmo is talking crap, they are doing an Apocalypto mmo, you know from the Mel gibson movie.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Lets see...

1. Wow expansion reveal with maybe a new hero class

2. Hear of the Swarm but we already know about this.

3. Diablo 3 playable but nothing major to talk about since it is being delayed.

Seems to me it is all about the WoW yet again. Boring....

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by Leviathonlx

Lets see...

Diablo 3 news

Next WoW expansion

heart of the swarm -> Starcraft 2 already released wondering if they will charge full game money for it.

Diablo 3 "news" you might be right I think they will announce the release date

WoW expansion you mean the Panda one?

They have two major things TITAN and the Foo Fighters at Blizzcon since Titan will not be discussed its only the foo fighteers.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by Blutmaul

Originally posted by DarkPony

No worries. Here's the exclusive scope on Titan, from me for mmorpg.com:

PARIS, France. – 29 September, 2011 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that its highly anticipated next-gen mmorpg, commonly known by working its title, Titan, will be making use of the Avatar intellectual property.

I will ask it very straight:

Who the fuck needs an Avatar-IP based MMO ???

Since you asked for it:

if the game is Rated M, I may try it

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

So this is bascily an article,  a story about how there is no story....

Back to 4chan then.  At least they have some professional journalism. 

It..Burns..

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

Originally posted by laserit

My dad works for Blizz and sais it's a new IP called "The Dark Pony"

I'd play that. 

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

What is the purpose of this Blizzcon, then?

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

O holy crap! How much dust already around big boss Blizzard. You can write what ever you want guys but i was never disappointed in any of Blizz games. If anyone knows how to do it it is big boss Blizz and everything else would be just a shadow of his success. Starcraft mmo that would be something. I said to me-''Dude you will buy only 2 games for next year''-- but now i have already one more on my list., i forgot about Diablo and that was big mistake.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

It all started decades ago with Rock and Roll racing where the man took a loan from hsi grantma for like 4000 dollars.

Diablo came and rocked

Diablo II came and rocked

Warcraft franchise was one of the best RTS out there

Starcraft same qaulity and still rock the world in RTS

World of warcraft 2004 best mmo ever made up to the point blizzard created a huge vacuum in population balance with paid faction change and a mass exodus began from Alliance to Horde.

Mounts who can be bought with $$$

It became clear to me Blizzard was sitting on the crown and the money blinded the direction they should have taken.

Titan has a budget no other company can touch, so they have time and we will not see Titan before 2014 at LEAST...

You dont create a brand new IP in a few years it can take 5 to 8 years to become the product you have in mind.

But with the way Blizzard is sailing and the greed of the company + the lack luster WoW expansions like Cataclysm i have alot of doubt they will produce something as great as the previous monsters they created.

• GeckomayhemGeckomayhem Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

They're keeping the lid pretty tight on this one.  I'm still betting World of Starcraft, but I'm probably way off.

It's a brand new IP. That rules out World of Diablo, World of Starcraft, World of the Lost Vikings, World of Warcraft 2, and any other MMO in a franchise that already exists. Whatever it is, it will be a fun game, I'm sure. But the numbers will never compare to what they managed with WoW at its peak.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

not a big surprise

this was said a year ago

http://project-titan.blogspot.com/2010/12/intel-from-blizzcon-2010.html

Rob Pardo, Executive Vice President of Game Design at Blizzard, was interviewed about Blizzard's unannounced MMO at Blizzcon 2010. He said that there won't be any official announcements for at least a year, so probably not even at Blizzcon 2011.

• DrakonusDrakonus Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

this is weird especially after the SWTOR launch announcement. you'd think Blizz would use Titan to take some of the wind out of BioWare's sails...

you realize they have diablo 3 coming out around the same time right? Just because it's not a "real" mmo doesn't mean it won't be in competition with it. I personally will be playing Diablo 3 over SWTOR, more because i'm sick of mmo's. 

Me too (not the getting sick of MMO's part, just the playing Diablo III part..LOL)...Not mention they said Titan would not have anything to do with any of their previous franchises.  So, that isn't going to be ready for a while.  Look how long it took them to get Diablo III done ;-)...I'm just sayin'

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Drakonus

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

this is weird especially after the SWTOR launch announcement. you'd think Blizz would use Titan to take some of the wind out of BioWare's sails...

you realize they have diablo 3 coming out around the same time right? Just because it's not a "real" mmo doesn't mean it won't be in competition with it. I personally will be playing Diablo 3 over SWTOR, more because i'm sick of mmo's. 

Me too (not the getting sick of MMO's part, just the playing Diablo III part..LOL)...Not mention they said Titan would not have anything to do with any of their previous franchises.  So, that isn't going to be ready for a while.  Look how long it took them to get Diablo III done ;-)...I'm just sayin'

Blizzard will release details about Titan when the time is right.. and with it still being over 2 years away... now definitely isnt it.. does Blizzard really need to be concerned about Bioware anyway? as they already have the number 1 game, and a bunch of other games that also 'define' gaming in their own right, if anything i would say that Bioware is watching Blizzard very carefully, and doing their best to learn from them, Blizzard after all, has a habit of utilising ideas from the genre as a whole, only far better.. Bioware is trying to integrate their own particular band of games..  it could be that they are concerned that Blizzard will improve on their efforts..  after all, the only game that could possibly kill WoW.. will probably be made by Blizzard image

.. but i doubt that it would be the only casualty image

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

They probably just leaked the info about a new MMORPG in the very distant future to help push marketing for WoW.  The info reached pretty far and wide and created a lot of buzz around the words blizzard and world of warcraft.  Mission accomplished.  Now they can make another mmo if they want or just say they scrapped it if they decide not to, or push it back, or whatever they decide. 

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• fallenartfallenart Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

They're keeping the lid pretty tight on this one.  I'm still betting World of Starcraft, but I'm probably way off.

Nah they posted about this, the one thing they really announced is that their waiding away from the original 3 and starting a new story arc, so no sc,warcraft or diablo.  i for one am excited to see if they can pull out another awesome story title and have it come through

• AuroretteAurorette Member Posts: 9

Titan is a way of retaining and training talent, honing skills, developing engine features many of which end up transfering to WoW. It has developers but barely any artists, because they have no specific plans to release at any given point and the engine is being constantly updated. Without much artwork, the 'game' is not especially expensive for a company like Blizzard.

Titan serves a number of functions, beyond the training of MMO devs and gathering/creating new talent, it keeps customers aware that Blizard is thinking about the future and still 'in the game' rather than planning to live off WoW forever. It also means that when they decide what Titan is going to be in final form they will be able to cut a year or two off development time because they will have the engine and the people ready.

There is no WoW killer. WoW has too many customers to be 'killed' in a short period of time. None of the new triple A games scheduled, GW2, TSW or TOR would have the server capacity even combined to take more than 25% of WoW's user base. TOR has the potential to seriously dent WoW given enough time if it is successful and grows after release but Blizzard will have plenty of time to see it happening.

Titan, being from Blizzard, would if released be the most likely thing to impact on WoW since its natural for players to try out products from the company of the MMO they are playing (Everquest 2 did serious damage to Everquest despite mot having the same target player base,and helped transfer dislusioned everquest players to WoW after they saw EQ2 was not to their taste), so they won't actually announce it until they see that WoW numbers are falling below a certain key number. What that number is, no one knows but they have no reason to release Titan or even decide what it will be in final form yet.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

The Blizzard hype machine is in full swing.  You honestly think Titan is launching in the next 5 years?  lol!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

As has been mentioned, they DO NOT NEED to announce it.  In fact, it would be a waste of marketing potential on multiple levels.  Not the least of which is the fact that they already have a very anticipated title coming out soon.  If they are looking at 2013/2014 for Titan, they have plenty of other things to deal with for now.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    blizzard may of course delay this game more, depending how well the coming release mmo is doing by adding their features etc...

RIP Orc Choppa