Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see in the first expansion? [lol a poll]

I admit that we can't really tell at this time what aspects the game is lacking or needs more of, and a lot we know about it is based on assumptions ... But I am curious about what people think at this time so we can see how much it resembles the situation after launch.

p.s As an extra service here are two standard replies you can use if the poll pisses you off:

"Wtf, the game isn't even out yet and here's some rabid fanboy asking us for expansion content"

"This poll sucks, it doesn't even have *insert aspect not in the poll* "

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Oh great...so much for my "anonymous" vote when every answer has been the same :P

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by TUX426

Oh great...so much for my "anonymous" vote when every answer has been the same :P

Hah!

CAUGHT RED HANDED VOTING FOR SANDBOX FEATURES!

You surely are a disgruntled SWG vet!

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417

What a waste of forum space.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

I dont know i havent played it yet q_q i want it all in!!!

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by travamars

Great input. However, i found it amusing. And the options are pretty solid. 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Darkpony the only thing I really want in this game after launch...

is your love.

Originally posted by BadSpock

is your love.

*blushes*

Srsly, Spock?

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by timtrack

Originally posted by travamars

Great input. However, i found it amusing. And the options are pretty solid. 

Needs more pvp options, lol. Still, the options on the poll were pretty good. Imho, pvp is what keeps casual players interested. 

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

For the first expansion.  EXPANSION.  Not just content update....   its got to be more open ended space flight with weasel starships abound.

More sandboxyness... mehehehrrrr  it sounds nice but its like saying:  These cookies are awesome,  but what would make them more awesome is more tastiness.    Its so broad... and wide... and tall, and furry.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Well I want to choose more than one option!

I would say it will be crucial for them to release a ton of end game content in the first expansion. But also I really want to see the ability to "betray" factions based on light or dark side. Why aren't they implementing this at release? You would think that would be one of the key points of any star wars game.

Also,

"Wtf, the game isn't even out yet and here's some rabid fanboy asking us for expansion content"

"This poll sucks, it doesn't even have *insert aspect not in the poll*

:p

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Good poll. First choice would be Sandboxy features, second would be world PvP and terroritory control.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

LOL, looks like fans of territory control/PVP are staying away from this title/poll

So my one vote really matters in this case....(ok, there's about 3 of us so far)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Event though you've ponied up some good options, I can honestly say that this is the first MMO that I've looked at playing long-term and didn't think to myself "I can't wait until they add __________".

I'm not sure if I'll vote for more RP, or more of the same.

And just to keep you from getting into too much trouble, shouldn't you have written "Lord" Tardcore? I'm not sure how benevolent he is, and I'd hate to see you made into glue.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Kyleran

LOL, looks like fans of territory control/PVP are staying away from this title/poll

So my one vote really matters in this case....(ok, there's about 3 of us so far)

Well, I am another vote in the pvp section. I still believe that pvp is one of the most important aspects of a game. Lack of good, semi balanced, fun pvp means a lack of long term subs. 

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by DarkPony

is your love.

*blushes*

Srsly, Spock?

What a cute soft nose and silky little pink tongue.  Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

is your love.

*blushes*

Srsly, Spock?

You guys are ok, they will add the same gender romance!!!

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I voted for more open world and space stuff. 

Of course I dont know how open world the game really is (Im sure its plenty).  But Im an open world, explorer nut.  Guilty as charged.  In fact I pretty much only play open world free roam single player games and of course mmos which sort of goes without saying. 

So more planets, and then some more.  You could add a few more after that too if you wanted.  And a space feature at some glorious point that feels somewhat like open space.  Thats a gigantic undertaking by the way so I dont exactly blame them for not having it, nor did I really expect them too.  Bioware has never really done any kind of space content other than a galaxy map for any of their games.   In fact Im really surprised they did impliment any kind of space combat at all. 

But players seemed to love the SWG space content, and thats a seriously old game so I really think it could probably be accomplished with todays technology and resources in due time.  Really I wouldnt be surprised if the first expansion adds some serious space features or is based soley on it.  Jump to Lightspeed?  Im just saying its happened before. 

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Originally posted by catlana

Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, I am another vote in the pvp section. I still believe that pvp is one of the most important aspects of a game. Lack of good, semi balanced, fun pvp means a lack of long term subs from a sertain minor user group. 

fixed ;)  

PvPers are like roleplayers, both minor groups compared to the big casual user base, more pvp stuff would be good for the pvpers, more rp stuff is good for the rpers long term sub rate , and more general stuff is good for the more casual group.. all subject to personal views.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by ghost047

is your love.

*blushes*

Srsly, Spock?

You guys are ok, they will add the same gender romance!!!

Same gender.  But whatever is going on there isnt even same species.  Im not going to say what it is.  : P

And I thought it was Kirk that liked riding horses.......

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I put more RP features, but really you have some good choices.  I wouldn't be opposed to most of them.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Apart from the normal increasing of level caps, more worlds , quest, etc....

Ive voted others, where they added in facebook, apps on your phone, where you can do things in AH, can see what your guidies is doing, and getting update as it happens etc...

RIP Orc Choppa

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I voted for more sandbox features, though I'd also like to see a vastly improved space component to the game.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

*is back from rowing & licks blisters*

53 votes and not a single vote for harder and deep pve group progress content ... I knew raiding was out of fashion but that is still pretty remarkable ...

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

TBH more of the same. They probably should not focus on trying to make TOR more of a sandbox game or advance PvP that much ect...They should focus on what the game is and what it is built for, Story. I also believe they should add more innovative ways to attack story in a multiplayer environment.

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

I voted "Other" for more steamy cyber-sex with your make-believe companions.  Can't get enough of that pixilated romance.