Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Hello, My Friend. Stay Awhile & Listen

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com's Ripper X goes into the Diablo 3 Beta and offers up some first impressions on the epic RPG as well as thoughts about playing the Wizard class. Check out Ripper's thoughts in our Diablo 3: Hello, My Friend. Stay Awhile & Listen feature. Let us know what you think in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I don't get it... this video was already up, so why was there a need to create an article with nothing more than the description of the game and the same video?

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It's up because what you saw earlier was simply a posting of the intro video to the game list page for D3. The feature is created to draw people's attention to the video in case they never bother scrolling down the page. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Die-a-blo? Really?

I swear he sounds like someone in a smoking jacket, smoking a pipe in a wood paneled den. He's very pale, with dark, greased back hair (He's a Dappy Dan man).

The game looks cool, but I can't get over his voice. We really need to see a picture of him in his wood paneled den.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 256

Despite my criticisms i want to say i like RipperX videos. His comments are fun and i like his voice.

Originally posted by black_isle
    Despite my criticisms i want to say i like RipperX videos. His comments are fun and i like his voice.

I can't stop watching them.

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322

Epic can't wait to play, oh hell ya !!

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Sound like he has something up his arse.

Play with sound off.

• LentechLentech Member Posts: 119

Judging someone by the way they speak? fairly low brow there, what next... skin color... religious choice?

• ZenjinxZenjinx Member Posts: 328

Looks good. I wonder if the placeholder next to the cauldron is for the Horadric Cube.

Originally posted by Lentech
    Judging someone by the way they speak? fairly low brow there, what next... skin color... religious choice?

We really need to see a picture of him, in his natural environment. A dark, wood paneled den with a fire roaring in the fireplace. He has a small table next to his high back wing chair (red, of course) and a little nip of sherry in a faceted, glass goblet. He's wearing a smoking jacket and possibly has a pipe. Smoking is pretty bad for you, so the pipe is optional.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by Zenjinx

Looks good. I wonder if the placeholder next to the cauldron is for the Horadric Cube.

Yep. It is. :)

Honestly, with how easy gold is to obtain in the game, I can't see anyone "selling" things to the cauldron but simply converting them into magical and common crafting scraps in the Horadric Cube. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

I can't buy this game based on principle which few people seem to have nowadays.  I don't like knowing an internet connection is required for this game.  If you don't have one you can't play.....at all.....not even offline single player from what I understand (unless that has changed recently).  Yes I have broadband but thats not the point.

You can choose and protest with your money because thats what everyone wants from you.  I'll be using my money elsewhere.

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Lentech

Mispronouncing a word over and over based on ignorance. What's next, people using "u" for "you' and "r" for "are"? Maybe we should have starting judging them sooner.

Oh and yes, I will judge anyone that believes in a Supreme being that has a giant beard, sandals or wears a robe while controlling every person and beast every second of the day or night from his golden-lined kingdom high in the sky.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by SBFord

MMORPG.com's Ripper X goes into the Diablo 3 Beta and offers up some first impressions on the epic RPG as well as thoughts about playing the Wizard class. Check out Ripper's thoughts in our Diablo 3: Hello, My Friend. Stay Awhile & Listen feature. Let us know what you think in the comments.

Uhm, is Diablo 3 really a RPG game?

If it is the term must have changed since the first 2 games, as I remember it they were considered "Action games" at the time while  Baldurs gate were considered RPGs.

Not that it made those 2 games less fun, the first Diablo is one of my favorite games ever but point and click isn't much RPGing. Or is D3 more quest based than earlier games? That would certainly move it closer to a RPG.

Anyways, I am sure it will be fun to play and Rippers vids are always good to watch. I am still not sure I will buy it anyways due to how Blizz handles the auction house though, I still hope they will back down on that. I try to stay away from RMTs as much as possible and hopefully is Torchlight 2 as fun.

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Spiritof55

I can't buy this game based on principle which few people seem to have nowadays.  I don't like knowing an internet connection is required for this game.  If you don't have one you can't play.....at all.....not even offline single player from what I understand (unless that has changed recently).  Yes I have broadband but thats not the point.

You can choose and protest with your money because thats what everyone wants from you.  I'll be using my money elsewhere.

These forums require you to have Internet access to use and yet here you are posting, and to think merely by stoping by to post and read these forums you are in fact giving mmorpg.com add revenue everytime you click on a page.  Oh the Irony!

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by tyrannis

These forums require you to have Internet access to use and yet here you are posting, and to think merely by stoping by to post and read these forums you are in fact giving mmorpg.com add revenue everytime you click on a page.  Oh the Irony!

If he travel a lot by train or busses that can be very annoying. Posting on the forum can be done on a phone when you have cover for the moment.

Or if he live somewhere really far away with really bad internet connection for that matter.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

So again- you cannot choose the sex of your character but are stuck with the stock "sex" for the class?

I know probably not the biggest deal, but I figured with how games are now adays you could choose male or female for your character.

I didn't want to watch the video as I would like everything to be new and exciting when I play, rather than play and be like..."Ah yeah,t his is that part I saw in that video"

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

A forum is not a game.

Is this not obvious to anyone else?

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Originally posted by SBFord

Originally posted by Zenjinx

Yep. It is. :)

Honestly, with how easy gold is to obtain in the game, I can't see anyone "selling" things to the cauldron but simply converting them into magical and common crafting scraps in the Horadric Cube. :)

No, it's not.

It's for the nephalem cube, which breaks stuff into junk so you can gamble it on crafting.

The horadric cube let you craft and change tons of things. It was considerably more useful and interesting than the nephalem cube has been so far, since all the nephalem cube does is help add an extra step to the last game's gamble system.

That's right, crafting an item is random. You pick the item you want and you wait to see whether or not you just wasted money and resources on something that you have to break down or sell back to try again. :p

Nephalem cube is not a horadric cube. I want my horadric cube back.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Originally posted by Dragim

So again- you cannot choose the sex of your character but are stuck with the stock "sex" for the class?

I know probably not the biggest deal, but I figured with how games are now adays you could choose male or female for your character.

I didn't want to watch the video as I would like everything to be new and exciting when I play, rather than play and be like..."Ah yeah,t his is that part I saw in that video"

You can choose male or female with each of the 5 classes.

• DragonfishDragonfish Member Posts: 12

A forum is not a game.

Is this not obvious to anyone else?

I'm so confused... why are you even on this website then? Don't all MMORPG's require internet access? If they didn't they would just be RPG's. So do you play MMO's or not?

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

Clarification for me please...

Do you add your own stat points when you level? If not...that's epic fail #1. I do know that the reason would be to make "player skill" the main factor in competative /arena style gameplay, but  that really sucks.

Second question is: Do you automatically acquire skills now instead of using skill points and choosing your PATH and etc. like in D2? If you automatically acquire... that's epic fail #2. I do know the reason for this is to force<-- arena style play as well.

My #1 pet peeve was the fact that the game looked a lot more cartoony and less gritty, but it seems like they've made it a little more mature. Just having exploading bodies and guts and stuff doesn't have the same effect as the actual grittiness of the previous games. Know what I mean?

But I'm going to be very angry if they took out the player's ability to tune there character's stats and choose skills from skill trees. 

• AzureblazeAzureblaze Member UncommonPosts: 130

Thanks for the video, keep them coming!! I was glad to see a wizard video as it's on the top of my list  as a possible class choice.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Looks great!

Ripperx game impressions has always been entertaining with some good laughs.

I'm still waiting for Omer's impression of the game, he's always funny to listen to as well.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!