Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Subbing??

EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Is it worth subbing to FE with the F2P model so close? I'm half way through the trial and just reached level 10. I decided I'd like to go further but the only opition is to either sub for 1 month until it goes F2P or wait until Oct. 12th. Are others subbing to the game or are most of the new players waiting until it goes F2P to play on a regular basis?

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

Comments

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

kind of silly not to wait until oct 12 when it will be "free"

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by eddieg50

kind of silly not to wait until oct 12 when it will be "free"

^

The f2p conversion is starting Oct 12, just wait if you can.  I'd play the trial until then.  You can go check out the new payment model I am sure on their website as there are several plans to choose from.

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

it's worth, cus now you get 1 month for 15$, and for the rest of your sub you become commander (after the f2p conversion), wich costs 30$. on top of that if you create toons now while you're subbed, they remain unlocked even if you continue playing as scavenger (the complete f2p plan), wich have only one slot for chars by default.

check the matrix and decide for yourself. i just subbed few days ago.

sorry about my english, but i'm from bulgaria.

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

Unfortunatly, I'm going to have to say no. With the release of their latest patch (1.9.3), they eliminated if not alienated the PVE crowed. While one person on their forums argues that PVErs only make up a tenth of the population, that is false since they're basing that off of their clan. In fact, the PVE population is eight tenths of the population. However, with the latest patch, they made it difficult, if not impossible, to gather already hard to find crafting materials. Guess where you can find them now? Inside PVP zones. Which, of course, is camped by high level players looking to grief lower level players. Not much fun there. The game USED to be good, but now it's just terrible.

While the crafting wasn't all that bad (it still had its issues, but it was doable), the patch made it even more difficult to craft all those great items everyone liked. Not to rehash that subject... To say nothing of the myriad of new bugs that were introduced. I could go on, but it would take way to long to even list them here.

So to reiterate, no, it's not worth subbing, let alone resubbing. For those of you waiting for this game to go F2P, your better off just looking elsewhere.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I didn't think so when I played it. It is more interesting and fun to play than Eve, but not by a whole lot. This is a low level perspective. When it's F2P though (is it now?) it would be well worth playing to see if you want to get into it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• HardWalkerHardWalker Member Posts: 84

I can honestly say that Fallen Earth was the biggest let down I've ever had had in an MMO.

then you didn't play enough MMOs...FE is great game IMO much better then most of the MMOs on the market.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Originally posted by bugse82

it's worth, cus now you get 1 month for 15$, and for the rest of your sub you become commander (after the f2p conversion), wich costs 30$. on top of that if you create toons now while you're subbed, they remain unlocked even if you continue playing as scavenger (the complete f2p plan), wich have only one slot for chars by default.

I decided to sub for 1 month ($15) for this reason. I plan to go F2P after my month runs out (I play pretty casually) so it will be nice to be able to play afew alts for free rather then having to buy them. 

I'm assuming if I make 2-3 characters before the 12th that I can play them at any time after FE goes F2P...If this isnt the case then I wasted another $15 on a MMO...lol

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I think the biggest problem most players had with FE is that you have to craft in order to be any good.  It's the end of the world guys, if it was real, you'd have to make your own stuff.  As a crafter, I love this game.  People come to me all the time to buy guns, ammo, armor, buggies (oh i make so much money from buggies).  If there's one thing I can suggest is to specialize in armorcraft, ballistics, and science for crafting.  I have so many many chips, I swim around in them like Scrooge McDuck :)

Edit: As for players trying to gank us crafters...that's why my whole clan runs with us to protect us, it's very realistic this way imho.  It's nothing like seeing some group coming upto us  in pvp and be like, "hey guys! Just strolling through ;P"  because they knows if they pulled anything, they'd be dead in about .5 seconds XD   ~20 (fully decked out characters) vs a 3-10 man gank squad...priceless :)

then you didn't play enough MMOs...FE is great game IMO much better then most of the MMOs on the market.

I had played every one released in English Pre-2007. Since then, I haven't played every single one like before, but I have played quite a few. My numbers of MMOs played are well into the triple digits. Very few have I spent less than 10hrs on. (Furcadia and Habbo Hotel come to mind! lol)

Close second to FE being a let down, was Darkfall. 

FE is really nothing more than Second Life with a few and poorly implemented game mechanics. It's an RPer's Paradise, but not a great MMO. Subscription number decline backs me up.

Originally posted by Ethian

I decided to sub for 1 month ($15) for this reason. I plan to go F2P after my month runs out (I play pretty casually) so it will be nice to be able to play afew alts for free rather then having to buy them. 

I'm assuming if I make 2-3 characters before the 12th that I can play them at any time after FE goes F2P...If this isnt the case then I wasted another $15 on a MMO...lol

from dev's blog:

Since free players only start with one character slot, what happens to my existing characters if I go Free2Play or Survivalist? If I already have four, will any be deleted? Will I have to choose which character(s) I want to keep?

Absolutely not. If you had ever bought the game or paid for a subscription, those character slots were included with your game, so they belong to you regardless of the change in business model. No characters will be deleted, and you will not have to pick your favorite one or anything silly like that. When the game goes Free2Play, you can play all four.

http://fallenearth.gamersfirst.com/2011/09/free2play-questions-answered.html

HardWalker

you're talkin' bullsh*t. it's great and fun experience for sandbox gamers. it has nothing to do with SL. stick with the themepark MMO's and don't troll, only cus you don't like sandbox games.

HardWalker

you're talkin' bullsh*t. it's great and fun experience for sandbox gamers. it has nothing to do with SL. stick with the themepark MMO's and don't troll, only cus you don't like sandbox games.

I was not trolling. I was stating my opinion, there is a difference. 

Nothing about FE was analayzed before release, so when it came out it quickly broke. Incarus didn't listen to it's player base, or listened to them too much, w/e one you want to chose, and focused their short staff in too many directions. Basically this all lead to a game where there wasn't much to do and no ideas were fully fleshed out into enjoyable experiences. It was just a Post-Apoc Simulator much like you find all over SL. Granted, items and combat worked better than they do in SL, but the overall mechanics of the game were so broken that the only people who found great enjoyment were those who really loved the aspect of RP. Nothing against those guys, or if you're one of them, but I'm not. I enjoy games, especially Sandbox games, but FE was not nearly close to being what would be expected of either of those.

To me, FE was like playing in a sandbox with a a spoon and a broken plastic bucket. It was nothing but sand, with junk for me to mess around with. The only way to have fun in that situation is to use your imagination to fill in the huge void. This is where the RPers come in. Give me a sandbox with some cool tools to mess around with and I'll be there for hours!

This is what a sandbox should be. Games like Ryzom, EVE, Pre-CU SWG, take away a few of those toys and you would have UO

This is FE

games like UO are no more. sad, but true.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I would wait for F2P. Last patch with part 1 of the economy overhaul introduced some stupid changes. Any lone wolf type of player who wants to craft for his own survival will have a lot of trouble with last patch.

- They made node locations completely random. This means if you explore and look for specific resources, you end up with a full inv of a lot of different crap before you even get a decent stack of the resource you were looking for. Random location means, next time its in different places again (except the PVP areas). I like exploring, but I dont like hit and miss dicerolls on gathering resources. Itll waste too much time imo.

- They divided resources into common, uncommon, rare. Where the uncommon and rare types are now mainly found in the more dangerous areas. Which sounds nice on paper, but in practice it means PVP areas. Now, its just that if you want to spec for crafting, you gimp yourself for PVP. So expect gankers and certain clans to camp the better resource spawns.

- Even PVP players are hit with this patch by removing bandages from NPC merchants. Which also sounds nice on paper because they want to move to a playerdriven economy. Except that the amount of cotton and crafting time you need to craft your own bandages and that they made cotton more difficult to get and the amount of bandages you go through with PVP. Well you understand.

Current dev team seems to be the oldschool nerfbat kind. Something is too easy or convenient in their eyes, so they move in the exact opposite direction to make it just outright frustrating instead.

I was going to play FE again after the move to F2P, but atm Im really checking each patch because I dont have much trust in this devteam. They dont seem to test anything before releasing their patch.

I dont understand this move by game compainies to elimanate Global chat , it almost forces one into paying to play, there are other ways to get people to use your cash shop,

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I dont understand this move by game compainies to elimanate Global chat , it almost forces one into paying to play, there are other ways to get people to use your cash shop,

It limits the ability of Gold Farmers to advertise their ill gotten gains.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

It limits the ability of Gold Farmers to advertise their ill gotten gains.

that does make sense but it does hamper the rest of the players and that is a shame

shame?

omg, look at all of the freemium MMOs out there. is some of them gives you freedom like this?

• motersmoters Member UncommonPosts: 73

I wouldnt sub to the game the latest patch sucks screwed up crafting alot with node spawns and took alot off of the merchents gamersfirst Is slowley turning the game towards a grind fest at least for crafting. Hard to shoot a gun without ammo ehh or to expensive now same with bandages . Guess you cant polish a terd can ya.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

nevermind.