Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone else get beta invite?

emails just got sent out

Comments

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

emails just got sent out

I'm Jelly!image

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

is it still US only or have they started to incl Euro folks this time around ? :P

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Juggerz

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

emails just got sent out

I'm Jelly!image

However, SR has posted that invites will be going out throughout the day today until they reach their target numbers (and it's only 1PM Austin time - so still alot of time left to mash that F5 button !)

*Edited to answer the question above*  He also posted that invites will be going out to all EU launch countries

But remember folks...random is random :(

• kingverkingver Member Posts: 7

If you believe it is random I have a great bridge to sell you.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by kingver

It is random, but there's always the gullible people who think they're 'special' and that the company has hand picked them for their 'expertise' .

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

I did, and soz..not gonna play it...no time and not my cup of tea...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

So the invites are going for us Europeans too? If so great news, GL my fellow European brothers!

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by snoocky

Why did you even apply then?

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Gave it away to my neighboor....

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

Originally posted by kingver

Since I can't do this on the TOR forums, I'll bite here.  Explain to us please how it isn't random?

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

The only people getting invites should be from the pool of 500k preorders Bioware has at the moment. Handing out random invites to people who just signed up and didn't give you any money towards the development of your game is just bad form.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by Fratman

The only people getting invites should be from the pool of 500k preorders Bioware has at the moment. Handing out random invites to people who just signed up and didn't give you any money towards the development of your game is just bad form.

They most likely have over a million pre orders. I'm guessing you got the number from VGChartz which is retail and US only. PC games sell more digital than they do physical.

Err....that makes no sense, since the 500K pre-orders doesn't include Origin numbers (the ONLY place Bioware/EA would be getting any funds from).  The rest of those pre-orders are all from retailers.  Said retailers do not forward any funds they recieve for pre-orders to Bioware.  Those funds are held by the retailer until they actually deliver the box.

Originally posted by Jimmy562

They most likely have over a million pre orders. I'm guessing you got the number from VGChartz which is retail and US only. PC games sell more digital than they do physical.

Even worse. That means they have a bigger preorder pool to choose from, yet they are still handing out random invites to new, non-preorder accounts.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Got an invt, didnt pre-order it yet. And im from the EU. GL everyone

Originally posted by Eliandal

Err....that makes no sense, since the 500K pre-orders doesn't include Origin numbers (the ONLY place Bioware/EA would be getting any funds from).  The rest of those pre-orders are all from retailers.  Said retailers do not forward any funds they recieve for pre-orders to Bioware.  Those funds are held by the retailer until they actually deliver the box.

lol. It's the show of interest that makes the the preorders important. Strong preorder numbers calm down investors and allow development to continue. Just imagine if TOR only sold 5k preorders. Do you think we'd even be having this conversation? EA would have shut down development completely and either canceled the game or shoved it out the door as is months ago.

• Tensor25Tensor25 Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by snoocky

you truly are the coolest person in the world.

everyone direct your attention here please. this guy is sooooooo cool that he actually declined the invitiation (after creating an account on the website, and applying for beta testing). This guy is hard man. I wanna be like this.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Even worse. That means they have a bigger preorder pool to choose from, yet they are still handing out random invites to new, non-preorder accounts.

Its actually pretty ingenious.  Give those that haven't yet preordered a chance to play it and its likely they will end up preordering.

In fact before I was in beta, I knew more than a handful of non-preorderers that ended up preordering after playing it.  

Me?  I had preordered 3 copies,  but I for some reason put the preorder i'm keeping for myself on a separate account instead of the one I signed up for beta on.    Of course, I had been signed up on that first account for 3+ years, so, dunno if I would have still gotten picked had I used my preorder on that account, but I have a feeling I would have.

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

Yep got my second invite ( tested the first weekend 1 month ago ) .

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by Philss
    Yep got my second invite ( tested the first weekend 1 month ago ) .

Really? I thought once you had participated in 1, your name got taken off of the list for beta weekends

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

I have not pre ordered ( and i wont pre order either ) and this is my second beta invite .

Thats what i get for subscribing to beta the month SW Tor was anounced ( october 2008 )

• highvoltahighvolta Member UncommonPosts: 130

not got one yet. fingers crossed :-)

• Dimas3333Dimas3333 Member UncommonPosts: 36

People saying that they should give their beta to preorder because it's better:

What would u rather do? Give a beta to someone who is already sold enough on your game to buy it before it comes out, or the person who isn't sure its the game he wants and to let him try it out?

But even after saying that, I still think the whole selection is random so it doesn't matter

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Got an invite and declined this go around- hopefully it'll go to someone that will enjoy it!

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

Got a tester invite, not a beta though. I was part of the first round of testers so.... they said they were giving us another chance. My buddy whom wasn't part of the first round got in the second round however.

Again, just tester weekend stuff.