Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And this is my story

I enjoyed playing WoT but there are many things that need to change to make this a better game.

I listed up some issues that have a very negative impact on the game:

• The matchmaking is not programmed/working well

The matchmaking would work if there's only a difference of 2 in tier level. For example tier 4,5 and 6 in one match. The only exception is artillery. They are pretty overpowered and there should no be more then 2 in each team.

What happends on the field is that tier lvl 6 - 10 tanks are together in the same match.

I found myself often in my M6 tank, together with several IS-7's and Maus (they just needed to fart to blow the M6 away).

• Strength and Tierlevel doesnt go with eachother

The M6 and also the T1 are bad examples of heavy tanks in WoT. If they're top tier in a match then it's ok.

If not, then you wont survive for long.

It's weird that German medium tanks like the VK3001 and VK3601 easy can win from the heavy T1 and M6 tanks.

Also the Russian KV heavy tank tier 5 will win most of the time 1v1.

It's not that i like USA tanks especial. I play a variety of tanks. So this is just one of several bad examples.

• Community has very heavy bad influence at the xp and fun

During the day the game is very crowded with young players. They lack strategic and tactic knowledge in general.

Its not odd to lose, for example, 20 games in row. Even if you put all your efforts in it, the team decide what kind of match it will be.

Young players often play like lemmings. They don't want to listen. They're just there to screw up another match. So matches with an outcome of 0-15 or 1-15 are not unusual.

This is most worst crap part of the game. It's better to quit playing then staying among them.

So, this what i want other people to know. Sorry for limited grammar. I hope this game will be evolve to something thats nice especial for adult players.

Btw, imo this is not a mmo. Every match is temporary. But that beside.

Comments

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by deugemiet

I enjoyed playing WoT but there are many things that need to change to make this a better game.

The matchmaking would work if there's only a difference of 2 in tier level. For example tier 4,5 and 6 in one match. The only exception is artillery. They are pretty overpowered and there should no be more then 2 in each team.

What happends on the field is that tier lvl 6 - 10 tanks are together in the same match.

I found myself often in my M6 tank, together with several IS-7's and Maus (they just needed to fart to blow the M6 away).

The M6 and also the T1 are bad examples of heavy tanks in WoT. If they're top tier in a match then it's ok.

It's weird that German medium tanks like the VK3001 and VK3601 easy can win from the heavy T1 and M6 tanks.

It's not that i like USA tanks especial. I play a variety of tanks. So this is just one of several bad examples.

• Community has very heavy bad influence at the xp and fun

During the day the game is very crowded with young players. They lack strategic and tactic knowledge in general.

Its not odd to lose, for example, 20 games in row. Even if you put all your efforts in it, the team decide what kind of match it will be.

Young players often play like lemmings. They don't want to listen. They're just there to screw up another match. So matches with an outcome of 0-15 or 1-15 are not unusual.

This is most worst crap part of the game. It's better to quit playing then staying among them.

So, this what i want other people to know. Sorry for limited grammar. I hope this game will be evolve to something thats nice especial for adult players.

Btw, imo this is not a mmo. Every match is temporary. But that beside.

^  Well siad here are my Top 5 issues with the game and if/when they fix it I'll give it another look.

5.  Limited maps.

4.  Artillery way to OP.

3.  Players will not use any sort of tactics like you said.

2.  Matching Making fails this game, those that say no are Pay to Win and enjoy 1 shotting a Tier 5 or 6 tank.

1.  Tier system failure.  With the introduction of a Chinese tank, yes you read it a Chinese tank, not the British, or French, a Chinese tank Type 59.  A Tier 8 tank you can't outrun or outgun, anyone with a working knowledge of how the Soviet "T"  series works the "59" represents the year of service started. 

So riddle me this should a T-34 even be capable of being in a queue with it?  You will queue for battle saying "Next battle will be different", it's not.  As said in other thread stay with Tier3 tanks or lower.

Also a big increase of AFK players in battle which is probably due to inept matchmaking and the need to grind for top tier tanks.

Game developers lacking vision IMO.

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

T1 is a crap tank, nothing really to discuss. All nations have them.

M6 not bad at all. It has a very good gun and bouncy armor. Maus has to fart at least twice to kill it and any reasonable Maus driver won't bother wih M6, if there are any higher level targets around. 4.8 rpm makes you very picky.

If you got yourself in one-on-one with Maus, it's your fault.

VK3601 is underclassified, in one of the patches it will become a heavy. But even as of now it has no agility and virtually no armor against M6's 90mm, so every your shot should penetrate and kill it quite fast. VK3001P is just a moving tin can. VK3001H can be somewhat problematic, but you should see for yourself how T-54 rapes Maus :)

Fully upgraded KV is a very nice heavy of lvl 5. So what? You like it? Buy it then.

Community:

Kids are on both teams, aren't they? Easy prey for you, isn't it?

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I agree that arty is silly overpowered often times.

I don't really agree that the matchmaker is broken.  The thing is we all got to do battles where we are at the bottom of the list and some where we are at the top of the list.  Take being towards the bottom as an extra excuse to really practice using cover, aiming well and selecting targets smartly.

T1 is not great.

M6 as stated can easily contribute even in battles with much higher tiers.

KV is always great due to being able to use the 107mm, it can punch well above it's weight class.  But it is also very slow and has a big square turret that screams hit meeeeeee :P

Also as stated any good player in a Maus or any big tank with a very slow gun is not going to pick to kill the M6 first if there are more dangerous targets around.  So ask yourself about how you are positioning?  Are you moving up front ahead of the stronger tanks?  Are you staying behind them to support them?  Every battle and tank makeup is different and you can't use one strategy at all times.  Sometimes you got to play conservative and careful.  Other times you can be extremely aggressive.

The one thing OP is completely right about though is how "team dependent" you are :((   I had a battle just last night with TIger 2 that I got Top Gun, Sniper, Steel Wall and we lost with them having five tanks left :/   I have had other games where we lose 15-1 or 15-2 or 15-3 and I have a kill and damaged a few and am sitting there going "uhhh did anyone try at all?????"  Just something we all have to deal with, if it helps keep in mind that every player who is average to good has games they are left wondering how 10-14 of their teammates died within the first 2-3 minutes of the match :P  It is hard to die and fail that fast but some teams sure pull it off, lol.

I would still recommend WoT to anyone who likes fast PvP matches but only if you can ignore the very immature poor community.

• comicazecomicaze Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

The one thing OP is completely right about though is how "team dependent" you are :((   I had a battle just last night with TIger 2 that I got Top Gun, Sniper, Steel Wall and we lost with them having five tanks left :/   I have had other games where we lose 15-1 or 15-2 or 15-3 and I have a kill and damaged a few and am sitting there going "uhhh did anyone try at all?????"  Just something we all have to deal with, if it helps keep in mind that every player who is average to good has games they are left wondering how 10-14 of their teammates died within the first 2-3 minutes of the match :P  It is hard to die and fail that fast but some teams sure pull it off, lol.

I would still recommend WoT to anyone who likes fast PvP matches but only if you can ignore the very immature poor community.

In general I actually agree with that point as well. OP was just very specific about the day time "young" players.

Otherwise it's a matter of pure luck. Personally if i see a lot of idiots on the team, I don't waste time, just quit and jump into another tank and battle.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by comicaze

In general I actually agree with that point as well. OP was just very specific about the day time "young" players.

Otherwise it's a matter of pure luck. Personally if i see a lot of idiots on the team, I don't waste time, just quit and jump into another tank and battle.

So what we end up with is (some) new people/tanks that are not very effective. At very least 1, (most times it is 2 or more) that will race towards the enemy camp and die for nothing.

Maybe 1 AFK for whole fight for whatever reason.

Some that hate that map for whatever reason:) so they rage quit and leave, or make their own death rush to die and move on to next.

Guess all that cant be laid on the matchmaker.. but dang it really takes the fun out when you are down by that much in the first 2 minutes of a match. And it happens on a pretty regular basis during the day ( for me Central time US servers) got to a point i would not play at all during those times.

Just gets to the point that you do not have any fun any more from the amount of bad matches you have to wade through to get those few that are fun.

Maybe if the game makes enough cash, they will make some areas/maps for the better win/loss records or something, Make it matter more, and so make people not be willing to just die fast for whatever reason. Actually play the matches to their best.

• Vitalis55Vitalis55 Member Posts: 34

Young (and some not so young) players can be frustrasting to play with but it's the nature of the game when the teams are assembled for you. You just have to grin & bare it and try to make the most of it.  Have to realize that a lot of people have no inkling of military tactics and strategy, especially young people (kids).  Also, you can't really expect other team members to listen to any suggestions regarding tactics. Many of them are just there to get in a tank, drive around, and try to shoot something. They will learn as they go if they can learn from their mistakes.  I've made my share of them. On the bright side, you can sometimes take advantage of the noobness of your opponents.

This isn't a fantasy PvP MMO where you can discuss strategy/tactics prior to a raid on the other realm/team. There isn't much time to chat before the battle starts and for many new players that just isn't enough for them to get a good understanding of what someone may suggest. And that's if they are even looking at the chat. Once in a while though a few of em will see the chat and actually listen.

This happened last night playing my PZII on Malnikova map. During the countdown I saw that a couple of T2 light tanks on the other team were platooned. I mentioned this observation in chat and said they would probably make a fast approach from the hill. A couple of teammates followed me to our east flank and set up a ambush and sure enough here comes the two T2 lights. We made short work of em. So sometimes you actually get some cooperation.

Matchmaking.  Gotta realize that MM is working as intended, that is, intended on the Euro servers which have a much higher player base. Based on what I read it works better there but still not great. MM was designed to get players in a match quickly and thus sacrifices tier balance.  I hate it and I believe most players hate it but they either have no viable option for changing it or don't want to change so as to encourage people to spend gold to exchange XP to get past the problem tiers faster. People commonly refer to these "problem" tiers (generally 4-6) as a grind. Personally I wouldn't think of it as a grind if it was fun. I don't really care what tier tank I'm playing if I'm enjoying it. Be it a tier 2 or tier 10 it makes no difference to me if it's fun. But as I mentioned in another thread, when I only get 3 matches out of 50 that are same tier as me then it ceases to be fun, especially at tier 3. Plus 2 tiers may not be too annoying in the middle tier matches but at tier 3 it is.  To me anyway.

• espionage92espionage92 Member Posts: 2

I have to say that I enjoyed the T1 heavy, unlike most of you. The M6 though was terrible in my opinion, but on my grind to the T29 I can honestly admit that I didn't try to do much in it.

MM is ok in my opinion, and no matter what tier you are and what tiers are in battle against you you can contribute quite well. The T82 is 3/4 of the time at the rock bottom of the tank list, and yet I have still gotten 8 kills in that situation, the same with T29 and Hetzer also.

I do have the occasional battle to where we lose in less than 2 minutes in the battle, but those times include half the team being AFK or everyone rushing in to suicide.

I must say I agree with the problem of most young players making poor decisions. I am for the most part included in the younger age group and follow instructions of my teammates most of the time, I do not, however, follow their instructions if they don't do what they tell everyone else to do. I also don't usually capture the base when most of my team is yelling at me to do so; I'm out for the kills not just victories.

Overall, I agree with varied things in each post.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Played it to death in closed beta.  Came back this weekend for another look. Played about 140 matches over the weekend. (Moving house so to skint to go out.) My thoughts are that the matchmaking system seems to have changed a lot since closed beta. Generaly in those days 7 out of 10 matches I was in a team where I could I could compete. This weekend I found from tier three onwards I was generaly in the worst tank on the feild.  Going up to teir 4 I find the same thing. My tactics are quiet sound and I am pretty handy at the game. But when everything else on the feild can one shot you, you really are in with a slim chance of coming out of the match in one peice. As this was continuing I began to think that if I just bought the in game currency to buy my new tank rather than grinding match after match where I wasn't earning very much credits. (Due to the whole one shot thing) Things would be a lot simpler. I am wondering if this is a consious desision by the company themselves. I am not having a go at them, I understand they have to make money and you can still grind for mostly everything. But there has been changes to the game to enhance the need for the in game currency since beta. Could be wrong about this, is just a thought. It's still quiet a good cheap fun game, with some balance issues. The ironic thing is sometimes I can get in a match among other players where I can make an impact, these are normaly the games where I encounter the lemmings mentioned above and are over very quickly. Still having fun for now though.

• drewbicusdrewbicus Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by comicaze

Quitting once the game has begun stikes me as one of the more bone-headed things you can do because you're shafting your entire team since they start with one tank gone. That's the kind of thing that makes others NOT want to team up with a player and gets them branded as a whiner.

I routinely end up in games where my tank is the low guy on the totem pole, and as another player pointed out, you can still be valuable. You can scout. You can detect enemies for your team's artillery. You can flank and toss harrying shells into the enemy sides to disrupt their activities. It's about more than just one player racking up stats, it's about team victory.

If you want to make sure you play with a few smart colleages, get a premium account, join a clan, and platoon up with 2 other good players.

But don't go out there and stick it to your team by being a quitter.

• deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82

With quiting i meaned stop playing and doing something else.

Atm i stopped again because i believe there where many childbrains in the teams....childbrains are like a virus to this game...they comming with more and more pulling down the gameplay.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

I had trouble with the 'hero' mentality.  Watching player after player drive into the midst of the enemy and die.  I also just got bored of repeating the same maps over and over just to move to the next tier and play against equivelent tanks.  I found it most fun to max out a T1 and play with T1 players.  As soon as heavies got involved it bacame insufferably dull. 

Clanmate told me he raised a poll about the matchmaking.

WoT-personal closed it with the commend that its not an issue....

Adding maps and new tanks doesnt improve this game stupid I**ots...

Now im at 49% 49% victory and defeats....that never happends before...i was always at 51% victories.

The community is continueing filling up with kids and mindless players that made your matches fail and fail and over again....this game is pulling down...

Im not far away from quiting the game...its my clan and their people that keeps me playing till now. Only adults...this game need to be freeed from kids...

This week i joined a match with my ISU-152 with the object gun. I was shooting 19 times. 7 Missed. But they werent actualy.

All my shots where accurate between the red lines of the enemy tank.

How can a gun like this miss 7 times while im aiming well?

I can bring just 1 raison...the matches have a build-in factor that decide for your tank how many times it will fail hitting the target no matter how big gun you bring and ignoring your skills....

The same with an enemy tank at 1-3% health left...you fail to kill it with 1 or 2 shot even with your biggest gun....

This stuff and other crap brings me even closer to moment that i quit playing...

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Hey my niece (15 years old) plays WoT with me sometimes.. she is more strategic then most old farts like me.. I dont think age has as much to do with it as intelligence.

I'm not gonna debate the subject intelligence... its a fact that young people lack expierence because their age... every adult who played with young people online will confirm...young people can learn play this game well...but most of time they just don't want to listen to more experienced players...not want to listen to others will weaken the team...because everyone goes his own way instead of acting like a team...this is very pitty because the game is based on teamplaying...

People who can play most of the time with their clan in a tankcompagny, will probably experience more fun.

• dentonitedentonite Member UncommonPosts: 2

Originally posted by quentin405

Hey my niece (15 years old) plays WoT with me sometimes.. she is more strategic then most old farts like me.. I dont think age has as much to do with it as intelligence.

Exactly. That's what I noticed with my 13 yo daughter. She enjoys playing WoT and does all sorts of silly (well, I think at that time they're silly) moves which more often than not end with her outsmarting another player and killing their tank.

I guess it's just this thinking outside the box and trying out anything available that kids possess and old farts tend to lose.

And then lose the game...

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Clanmate told me he raised a poll about the matchmaking.

WoT-personal closed it with the commend that its not an issue....

They have acknowledged the matchmaker needs work and probably closed the thread because it has been said and done so many times over. The plan is to get the 7.0 patch out and then put a full development team in charge of the matchmaking. It was posted by staff in the forums. I could find it if necessary. I agree there are some issues but at least there is a plan for it soon.

Adding maps and new tanks doesnt improve this game stupid I**ots...

I disagree. I really like the new tanks, tree changes, and maps.

Now im at 49% 49% victory and defeats....that never happends before...i was always at 51% victories.

My %'s have raised up by 2-3% in the last month or two. Mostly because I have settled into the tanks I like to play and get better with them over time and have their crews hit 100% and skill trained, modules etc.

The community is continueing filling up with kids and mindless players that made your matches fail and fail and over again....this game is pulling down...

I agree there are a boatload of "tools" and kids playin. Sadly that is the way of it when games are F2P. I have never been a fan of that model and probably never will for that reason and others. I mostly play later in the evening so don't find the kids as much, but weekends suck when i want to play in the day.

Im not far away from quiting the game...its my clan and their people that keeps me playing till now. Only adults...this game need to be freeed from kids...

We both know this isn't gonna happen sadly. Be nice if an option for adult only servers was there but I seriously doubt that will happen. I am sure there are many who would be willing to pay for such a thing.

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133

I can bring just 1 raison...the matches have a build-in factor that decide for your tank how many times it will fail hitting the target no matter how big gun you bring and ignoring your skills....

I call it Match Fixer there is nothing that is fair or reasonable about MM. Either its done this way to make people get frustrated and buy gold. If so just say it, so we know why and stop telling us its not broken. Secondly the above statement has been proven too many times to be ignored.

In an is-3 with the bl-9 50m away from an a20 shoot it in the rear and it bounces, now these things only seem to happen when you are on the losing team. I could do that scenario another 100 times all ending in the a20 explodng into a million pieces.

Again is-3 BL-9 against a Ferdi. 7 bounces in a row on his weak spot again was only 60 m away he was almost dead i was full health took me to 95 hp left, again a game we lose. Mind you not one of his bounced on my extremly bouncy front armour, and yes i was facing him dead on.

As for the level of maturity of players that is what ignore is for use it, your own fault if you dont.

Lastly, arty is not op. I have level 6 arty, it takes over 30secs to load and close to a minute to aim properly, even then half the time the round lands in the small part of the circle the tanks not covering. Arty is easy to avoid dont stay still in the open. Find cover and use arty ypurself on maps so you can find the spots arty cant reach.

All tanks are op if you sit still in open.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122

Someone noted the following in a match and I observed it after a few:

Your killing shot vs a tank is more likely to bounce off the target completely.

That's the only one I know about.  It may not be true but its a big coincidence that I've seen...

I want to say (again) this game has the most S*** community ever from all online games i played.

In the beta and some months after the beta i had always a positive victory score of 51%. Now i've more defeats then victories.

This game is overcrowded by stupid kids that dont teamplay by being a coward and stay far away from the fireline or attack like fools (lemmings) and being shot in the first minutes. They also don't listen. This is a teamplay game thats been played without teamplaying....all those S***heads play for themself and pull down the team.

Nice game ....F* up by a worse community...

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

Wait, no one here has commented on the developer yet.  Go on their forums and offer some criticism about this game.  Go ahead, I'll wait for you to get back on here with your 2 week ban; it will be guaranteed, trust me