Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Released Today

Well the title says it, Dawn of Fantasy was released earlier today. Game looks really good with a MMORTS style that I haven't seen before. Here is a link to a youtube vid of the gameplay, no commentary but you get the idea of commanding soldiers and defending your castle or attacking others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwS1sqyIvj4&feature=related

The game is not really in a release state with still alot of bugs to be worked out but Reverie World Studios (developers) have got rid of most of the game breakers. This said they have admitted they are holding back their marketing campaign for a month until they have worked out a few more issues and bugs. They are a new company but have been very open in their plans and listed their intentions for the next 6 months, with patches every 2 days for the first month. There are no subscription fees just expansions later on down the track.

I have pre-ordered and am waiting for the download to finish now so i'll probly be back with info on how things are going. Reverie have said that they sold a lot more copies then they were expecting so hopefully they keep up the good work and this game is successful! Anything to add or questions to ask feel free.  Not sure if it's worth picking up this early on with all the bugs so I'll get back to you on that one.

Comments

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Looks cool. And thanks for the reminder.. I remember watching a lengthy video about this game, somewhere, quite a while ago.. When I first saw the youtube video i said OHHHHH YEAH!!!

Might get it just to play something new.. God knows there are no MMORPGS out worth playing.. 

Good post +1

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Looks pretty cool.  They really do a nice job of making those sieges and battles look epic in scale.  I might have to check this game out.

• orifaceoriface Member UncommonPosts: 5

How does this game compare to AOE Online?

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by oriface

How does this game compare to AOE Online?

I played AOE online aswel, reached max then got bored, and they are really different games. AOE online focuses on quick battles where you build soldiers and attack the enemy. In DoF you enter games with soldiers you have built and upgraded outside the match. You also choose where you want your soldiers to be before the battle starts (on top of walls etc) as one side is usually defending their castle with another person attacking it. AOE online is also a lot more polished as this game is very new, being released under a publisher (505 games) that isn't Microsoft. The concept of RTS is similar in the 2 as strategy plays a large roll with different races, gear, units etc. If you have any more specific questions just ask too xD

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

Well the title says it, Dawn of Fantasy was released earlier today. Game looks really good with a MMORTS style that I haven't seen before. Here is a link to a youtube vid of the gameplay, no commentary but you get the idea of commanding soldiers and defending your castle or attacking others.

The game is not really in a release state with still alot of bugs to be worked out but Reverie World Studios (developers) have got rid of most of the game breakers. This said they have admitted they are holding back their marketing campaign for a month until they have worked out a few more issues and bugs. They are a new company but have been very open in their plans and listed their intentions for the next 6 months, with patches every 2 days for the first month. There are no subscription fees just expansions later on down the track.

I have pre-ordered and am waiting for the download to finish now so i'll probly be back with info on how things are going. Reverie have said that they sold a lot more copies then they were expecting so hopefully they keep up the good work and this game is successful! Anything to add or questions to ask feel free.  Not sure if it's worth picking up this early on with all the bugs so I'll get back to you on that one.

Im sure 505 games has been around since 2003-2006 , they have lots of games here check out there main website 505Games

Dawn of Fantasy

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

I looked on their website, and price is $29.99. I went to go pay and it was wanting to charge me 29.99 euros or pounds which is like 35-40USD. And charge me a VAT tax (euro tax i take it?). Is 29.99 USD price or is it 29.99 Euro/pound price? As an Americani dont think i have ever had to pay a VAT tax before .... I may be wrong though.

Reply would be helpful soon si i can dl this lol. Couldnt find the answer on DoF site :/

Edit:

It says 29.99 USD, but on paypal it says 29.99euro/pound. Anyyone use paypal and can tell me what it is actualy please.

• orifaceoriface Member UncommonPosts: 5

Thanks for the detailed reply, RelytDnegel. Totally different than I thought it would be. When I saw the video, I noticed the guys hanging out on the castle walls, but thought the company was taking an artistic license with it :)

I like AOE Online for the fact that I can jump on and accomplish something more than increase(or more likely decrease) my ladder rank like SC2. Might give this game a shot.

Originally posted by xersent

Originally posted by RelytDnegel

Im sure 505 games has been around since 2003-2006 , they have lots of games here check out there main website 505Games

Dawn of Fantasy

Yes 505 games the publisher has been around for awhile but Reverie World Studios the developers (people working on the game) are new. This is their first MMO as a company but have experienced members on their team.

Originally posted by Onomas

I looked on their website, and price is $29.99. I went to go pay and it was wanting to charge me 29.99 euros or pounds which is like 35-40USD. And charge me a VAT tax (euro tax i take it?). Is 29.99 USD price or is it 29.99 Euro/pound price? As an Americani dont think i have ever had to pay a VAT tax before .... I may be wrong though.

Reply would be helpful soon si i can dl this lol. Couldnt find the answer on DoF site :/

Edit:

It says 29.99 USD, but on paypal it says 29.99euro/pound. Anyyone use paypal and can tell me what it is actualy please.

Yeah it's actually 29.99euro/pounds. I was confused by that too but hasn't realized what they had actually done until now. I'll jump over onto their website and ask them whats going on actually...