Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely disgusting..

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember Posts: 11,161 Rare

Originally posted by atticusbc

Originally posted by BelegStrongbow

Dominion is a very fast paced map,  you need to get to control points as soon as possible and hold them.

It requires a lot more skill that the normal slower paced summoners rift.  Most people know this which is why they get all intense.  If you suck just dont play the game,  helps me out a ton.

so what you're saying is "if you aren't a savant and can't instantly master the strategy and controls don't play." so basically any new players are out of luck.

exercise: remember when you first started LoL, and then try to remember if you wished people didn't treat you like crap for just being new. yay! empathy!

Yep i agree hence why the OP claims it is the worst community.A good community sticks together and tries to help each other out,this is clearly not the case,so i would say the OP is correct in labeling this game as a bad apple.

This same nonsense does happen in mmorpg's as well,peopel want  you to have the best gear and only play the way that kills the fastest.I guess when everyone says they are having fun or playing for FUN,they are just outright lying,because all i see is seriousness.

This si why noob beginnings in games are the most fun because it is people all the same learning and having some fun.once yo ustart to get into the high end of gaming you need a certain build a certain class ,certain gear and play a certain way it all becomes nonsense,boring and annoying.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MitchardMitchard Spring Valley, CAMember Posts: 25

Press tab.... mute mute mute mute mute mute mute.. proceed to play game as you see fit..

• DeathTouchDeathTouch Bellevue, NEMember Posts: 508

I think i just found a game to go troll in, see how many of these bad apples i can get to rage quit, if not smash their faces against their keyboards in frustration. :)

• SalengerSalenger Pottageville, ONMember Posts: 542 Uncommon

I dont play LOL or ever wanted to try, but what your describing is the next generation of the gaming community pretty much ive noticed this as well in the few games i play.

Back before MMO's i used to play console games etc and there was always one kid on the block that would rage and cry etc over the game instead of playing it for its purpose of having fun, gaming lately for so many younger people has become as you put it all ego and its pretty sad, my parent/teachers etc taught me to be humble while growing up playing sports so on and not to be an asshat to people.  Now my comparison to the console gamer on the bloc that was a dick and no one wanted to play with him ever...well now it seems 70% of the gaming community represent that type of person and i feel were never taught how to be a good person overall, its kinda sad that online/internet gaming has come to this and bad parenting etc....i think most parents dotn teach there kids proper manners or these kids feel they can get away with being a complete ignoramous and have no reprocutions over the internet...imagine punk kids saying this kinda crap in the real world...just doesnt happen without a real life beatdown.

But yeah i agree, just dont bother playing the game...i wouldnt.

• KuppaKuppa Boulder, COMember Posts: 3,292 Uncommon

So, big generalization aside... There are bad apples and in higher levels many think they are pro and will not tolerate anything less than perfect. But, I suggest finding a good core of ppl that will not complain and play for fun and add them to your buddy list and try to play only with them.

• ClocksimusClocksimus Barrie, ONMember Posts: 354

LoL has become as bad  a community as it is now because of how Riot interacts with their community and systems they push foward.  When you have company staff members trollng their own forums this does add a more human feel to them and makes people remember that they are just normal people however, it also leads the community to go around with trolling as well.  Riot makes the mistake of thinking everyone is mature and everyone knows when enough is enough.  Riot also keeps on adding negative reinforcements to the game like the improved reporting, tribunal, and lastly abillity to swiftly mute anyone you want ingame.  Now these features  are surely needed but Riot has yet to add any purely positive features such as  a reverse of reporting a player that is bad by giving a thumbs up to a player that is good or a pause feature so that when a match becomes 4 vs 5 players can give the other team a fair  chance to get their player back before they decide to move on.  LoL has degraded to  you bad> you mad > reported> nub> you suck> afk>ragequit> intentional feed to get back at someone you don't agree with.

LoL at it's core hasnt' changed too dramaticly  since i started playing over a year ago but the fun factor has dropped so far that i went from several matchers a day to a couple maybe every other day.

• ZoterixZoterix City, ALMember Posts: 20

Dominion is still new right ? So  I guess it will need few patches to be balanced... Dude get a team with normal people, there many fags out there in this game, but I personaly dotn care at all... But what I agree the community of this game when you look at comments under the videos or facebook pages is absolutely disgusting, but this not apply to everyone and its duet to very huge community.

• CoffinshockCoffinshock Bowling Green, KYMember Posts: 21

Press the Tab key while playing, whoever it is you don't want to listen to hit the ignore button to the right of their name. After the match report them. If thats the type of player they are they WILL get a ban for days - weeks depending on how frequent they rage out. Problem solved. I have been on both sides. It is a very competitive game and yes one player can ruin the whole game for your team. I don't know about you but when I compete in sports, games, or whatever I like to win, and trash talk is just part of it. Get on some youtube and watch some trash talk videos of your favorite competitor and you will see what I mean.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.

• helthroshelthros Miami, FLMember Posts: 1,449 Uncommon

MOBAs in general have shithole communities. I too played since beta and the community got progressively worse as the community expanded (to be expected honestly)>

It's funny because when people talk about WoW having the worst community in the world, they clearly haven't played DOTA or LoL.

• sonoggisonoggi tdot, ONMember Posts: 1,119

WC3's community was always a cesspool. SC2 seems to appeal to a much more mature audience. so all the dota trash went to..well.. moba.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember Posts: 2,619 Rare

Originally posted by Coffinshock

Press the Tab key while playing, whoever it is you don't want to listen to hit the ignore button to the right of their name. After the match report them. If thats the type of player they are they WILL get a ban for days - weeks depending on how frequent they rage out. Problem solved. I have been on both sides. It is a very competitive game and yes one player can ruin the whole game for your team. I don't know about you but when I compete in sports, games, or whatever I like to win, and trash talk is just part of it. Get on some youtube and watch some trash talk videos of your favorite competitor and you will see what I mean.

I've dealt out some trash talk before myself but usually to those deserving of it or just competitive banter. I rarely lashed out at new players unless they thought they were gods gift to the game they've never played before. Though listening to sports or whatever trash talking is nothing like listening to the kids in this game now. No respectable pro would dare risk their career saying even half the garbage these kids say.

• DragimDragim Boring, KSMember Posts: 867 Uncommon

I am 25 years old myself but I know exactly what you mean.

These immature people actually can turn it aruond and be nice.  Example of conversations I have:

(People picked a "crappy" character)

(in the game lobby)

Immatureperson:  Mann, we are going to lose, we have crappy character choices and they have all bad ass characters.  (insertname) why did you choose (insertcharacter)?! You shoulda chose (insert character) freakin noob.

Me:  Hey man, settle down.  The character is as good as its user, so if they know how to play (insert character) then let them play.

Immatureperson: Yeah well, we still are going to lose..they havee (insert characters).

Me:  Come on man, we can win, quit bringing our Morale down.

Immatureperson:  Well, yeah we can still win.

Me:  Exactly, so give us words of encouragement instead of bringing everyone down and filling us with doubt.

----

Generally, this makes them more pleasant to play with, though if we start doing bad during the game they might start shouting out angry comments where I respond...

Me: Come on man, we can still win, just keep the moral up, stick together more, use the towers to your advantage.

Generally if you don't bash them back or get mad, but instead calmly respond or use logic, they might shut up.

Also, other people might chime in on your side and agree with you that the person in question should be raising the morale of the team instead of bringing everyone down.

----

There are lots of immature people on LoL, I will give it that.  Not necissarilly kids, but also people of other nationalities than me (I am north american) I find a lot of south american people can get angry quickly and start spamming, but thats how it goes I guess.

I did meet someone from Turkey, which in my 11 years playing MMOs i had never met,  he was a nice guy.

---

Let them yell, let them throw their tantraums, just report them after the game with the appropriate report category.  It's all you can do.  Immature people are everywhere in the world, it is all just about how you handle them and how you let them get to you, which you shouldnt.  Let them yell, if anything, laugh at them, they are the ones not enjoying something that is meant to be entertainment.

Take it in stride, there are bad people in every community.  And also -  You got to learn sometime! (this is the line I like to use)...""(Sure ok, I am a noob, but how about you help me out instead of continoiusly talking crap)""".

(Ive had people apologize to me after games saying (hey sorry man, I was just raging at that moment)..I say (its all good man, it happens.)

Just roll with it!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Greenfield, WIMember Posts: 953 Uncommon

LoL is in desperate need of a "guild" system. So you know who to play with and who not to play with. I met some guys on LoL I enjoy playing with, but, they aren't always there. Guild system would help a lot with the - not being grouped with jerks - scenario.

Generally need a better "chat" system and or  interface all around. No one's on to be your friend, simply get into game and win. Kinda like Dungeoning in WoW.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Mt. Prospect, ILMember Posts: 1,011 Uncommon

Not to be mean... but if you're new why are you playing against other players?????

You can co op against the computer (where it's understood you're a noob) and still get xp and ip... so why are you joining a competitive game with other players?

They may be overly mean and saying it in the wrong way.. but in the end if you don't know what you're doing WTF are you doing playing against other players?

Were you hoping the other 2-4 people would be good enough to just carry you?  Let me tell you 4 on 5 is extremely rough unless the other team has an idiot or two.

Also... in LOL if you have a dumb or new player you get ticked because YOU HAVE TO STAY THE ENTIRE GAME.  I have to sit through you learning the controls for 20-45 min?  Really?  Why should anyone be subjected to that?  Go learn the game against the computer.. that's what it's there for.  The computer actually plays pretty well and will train you.

It's what I did and I do hate the newbs who just jump in.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Greenfield, WIMember Posts: 953 Uncommon

Originally posted by Angier2758

Not to be mean... but if you're new why are you playing against other players?????

You can co op against the computer (where it's understood you're a noob) and still get xp and ip... so why are you joining a competitive game with other players?

They may be overly mean and saying it in the wrong way.. but in the end if you don't know what you're doing WTF are you doing playing against other players?

Were you hoping the other 2-4 people would be good enough to just carry you?  Let me tell you 4 on 5 is extremely rough unless the other team has an idiot or two.

Also... in LOL if you have a dumb or new player you get ticked because YOU HAVE TO STAY THE ENTIRE GAME.  I have to sit through you learning the controls for 20-45 min?  Really?  Why should anyone be subjected to that?  Go learn the game against the computer.. that's what it's there for.  The computer actually plays pretty well and will train you.

is there a vs A.I for Dominion?

• n3verendRn3verendR Ashland City, TNMember Posts: 452 Uncommon

They have these badges where if you do best or 2nd/3rd best on your team you get a badge that shows up in your match history to mostly tell everyone who looks how much you contributed to your win/loss.

I rarely go a game without 1st or 2nd, and still feel like I lose every game. It doesn't however make me feel like I want to stop playing, just makes me feel like it would be more fun with friends.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

Didn't notice an AI option for Dominion i also believe AI is limited in hero selection so either way you have to play against real players to get a feel for counters and what to be wary of otherwise you won't get better.

Either way your mentality shows what i'm talking about.

• channel84channel84 CyberjayaMember Posts: 585 Uncommon

Play custom game with AI, other player get frustrated if a newbie don't wanna follow teamplay and feed the opponent. Basically they're angry because your spoiling their game. So practice in custom game.

How to deal with the bad community?

For my case, i make it a rule never to get angry or insult newbie player. Those that like to insult other player are often found in low ELO. Thus the term ELO hell. Start by reading and abide to the RIOT player ethic and conduct guideline. Start by bettering yourself.

From my experience, you can improve a lot if you take their "insult" as "advice". To do this you must lower your ego. Conflict management skill is also important as internal conflict can cost the game thus need to be properly manage/contain.

Hopefully after a while you'll get to higher ELO where the player generally are better. My theory is that lower elo player tend to have inferior complex problem and thus will try to make themself seem better by insulting low skill player. This phenomena rarely occur in high ELO, from what i observed

ps, ELO = player ranking system

• GudrunixGudrunix Washington, DCMember Posts: 149

Originally posted by Katrisa

Worst community in any game.... period

That's what everyone says about every game; while it's still running, that is.  Then, when it's finally shut down, they come back years later to talk about how wonderful the community was, etc.  I don't doubt that, after virtually every forum troll in existence declared how bad the community in WoW is, once it's shut down there will be glowing nostalgia about how wonderful the community was.  Nonsense.

For LoL, I would strongly recommend playing more than one game - and in more than one mode - before passing quick judgment on the player base.  For starters, play in some vs. AI games; the players in vs. AI mode are extremely easy-going, and it is highly unlikely you will run into any rage.

Or try normal, unranked mode.  The players on normal are generally fairly easy-going, and as long as you're making an effort you're unlikely to draw any rage.  There are a few idiots, but that's to be expected.

I would generally avoid ranked mode unless you've got a thick skin or a pre-made team, however.  Players take ranked mode very seriously and have a bad habit of blaming all their problems on their teammates.  Not for the faint of heart.  But it's one mode, and it plays identically to the unranked modes, so you're not losing anything by skipping it.

As for Dominion, I have not had the experiences of the players above me.  My teammates in Dominion have generally been easy-going, and matches have been enjoyable.  It plays much faster and it's unranked, so players are not as emotionally invested as they are with the hour-long ranked matches.  That makes for less pressure and less rage.

I just haven't had as many negative experiences as other players seem to have had.  Nothing compared to DotA, which was a veritable sewer of hatred and filth.  The reason I left DotA for LoL, believe it or not, was the community, and LoL simply has far less abusive behavior than DotA did.  Still a few badly behaved people out there, but with the player-run disciplinary system, I see fewer and fewer of them.

• sanman7890sanman7890 Medina, OHMember Posts: 96

So much drama over random anons ruining people's LoL experience...which is odd.  Anyone who has played in any game with a decent sized community should have had experience with, expect, and know how to deal with such players.  I'm surprised to see this much whining about "bad communities" on a site dedicated to MMOs of all things.

There is an /ignore and /mute feature in the game.  If you're in a game with 9 randoms, you can /ignore enemy or /ignore ally to ignore the entire enemy and ally team if you want a nice, tranquil experience.  If you see someone being a problem immediately ignore them and play your best, odds are each side has a bad apple.

Not to be cliche but your best bet is to play with friends.  I haven't played a solo game in months, I play with the same group of about ten people on TS or Vent at all times.  Just like MMOs if you have a good guild/group on TS or Vent the experience goes from being utter crap to utter bliss.  If you have three or four people in a premade and get a troll, you can bait them into dodging, carry them, or just troll back and enjoy the loss for what it was.  

It is entirely possible to play the game solo and succeed, and the community in and of itself is fine, bad apples are always going to rub you more than a good apple, odds are you have three good teammates and one bad one every match if you go solo, but do you realize the good ones are even there over the bad one?  Not at all.  That is why I go out of my way to compliment, friend, and talk to good players.  If I have a good 0 cs support bot I tell them how awesome they are and say thank you constantly.  I ignore the idiots and trolls and even if a game is a complete loss I take the opportunity to practice the essential skills, get every CS you can, test out your mind games and item builds, go with the flow.  You'll lose roughly half your games even with a full premade (because you'll face other premades) and once you accept that fact and just play to enjoy the game (while still trying your hardest to win without going overboard) you'll get a much better experience out of it.

This goes for all games, regardless of community size.  Back in the day when I played Supreme Commander a lot there were those star players that were complete assholes, and those that were awesome.  That stereotype progressed all the way down to the lowliest of noobs, and it doesn't change with 1000 players or 1 million, it doesn't matter what genre or game, it is just the reality of modern gaming and human nature in general.

Best part is seeing people say "I played a couple matches and they were ALL BAD and ALL FEEDERS and ALL TRY HARDS this game SUCKS this COMMUNITY SUCKS I QUIT."  That is a pathetically small sample size for one thing, and odds are there were more decent/good people in those games that you just didn't notice because you were too busy replying in all chat and raging instead of working with those good players.  Unless you had a four man troll premade and you were the fifth wheel, you just focused on the negative.  Which is human nature, but whatever.

Originally posted by Joshua69

is there a vs A.I for Dominion?

Not sure, but they do have a video right on the start page.... it is rather annoying when someone stands there because they don't know to click the turret.....or when people ignore any kind of strategy.

Originally posted by Aori

Didn't notice an AI option for Dominion i also believe AI is limited in hero selection so either way you have to play against real players to get a feel for counters and what to be wary of otherwise you won't get better.

And honestly the crying that the insults are too rough for you is rather childish.  The mentality that "I'm new and people should be forced to carry me" is a little bit too childish also.  I haven't seen one new/bad player yet ask "So what should I do?" instead they just run and feed the enemy team or do absolutely nothing productive...

There's also people who just randomly AFK or dc.. or don't get basic mechanics... you get a few of these games in a row and you've just burned an hour dealing with idiots... and you wonder why people get mad?  Really?  They aren't horrible kids... they are adults who don't like their time wasted because someone wasn't astute enough to go read or watch some videos...

Your point about there being a bad mentality is hogwash.    If you were to join a mildly competitive pickup basketball game without knowing any of the rules or how to play basketball; how do you think your team would feel to have you?

I mean seriously. 

• kakasakikakasaki Lockhart, TXMember Posts: 1,205 Uncommon

Originally posted by atticusbc

yeah. i stopped playing LoL after the first half of my first match for this exact reason. worst community i've ever experienced (including those from FPSses).

Same experience. Will never touch this game again due to the community...

Edit:

And no, it is not that insults hurt my fellings or I can't take it. But a game is supposed to be FUN. When you have to wade through endless matches with a**hats with no patience or the ability to communicate without using l33tspeak, it stops being fun...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Originally posted by Aori

And honestly the crying that the insults are too rough for you is rather childish.  The mentality that "I'm new and people should be forced to carry me" is a little bit too childish also.  I haven't seen one new/bad player yet ask "So what should I do?" instead they just run and feed the enemy team or do absolutely nothing productive...

There's also people who just randomly AFK or dc.. or don't get basic mechanics... you get a few of these games in a row and you've just burned an hour dealing with idiots... and you wonder why people get mad?  Really?  They aren't horrible kids... they are adults who don't like their time wasted because someone wasn't astute enough to go read or watch some videos...

Your point about there being a bad mentality is hogwash.    If you were to join a mildly competitive pickup basketball game without knowing any of the rules or how to play basketball; how do you think your team would feel to have you?

I mean seriously. 

Are you being serious? Since when did not appreciating foul treatment become childish? I also never asked to be carried or put the assumption there. I simply said i was new and got chewed out for your information if you bothered to even read my post. I had the lower death count on most of the teams i played, usually most assists and kept up in captures.. yet it wasn't good enough since i picked the wrong hero each time and was obviously new or a returning player.

Adults need to step away from the game if its really that big of an issue where they throw tantrums like a 5 year old. Either way it is a non rated public game that is for fun and learning. I'd like to add research isn't a requirement to play a video GAME and quite honestly is a ridiculous notion.

If you want some competition play some rated matches or in house games.

Another fine example of what the community has to offer..

• mithossmithoss Sankt AugustinMember Posts: 211 Uncommon

dominion is a very fast paced mode, its definetly not suitable to new players. I play this game since cb and i'm a very calm player. Recently ive noticed that dominion agitates me alot. Its fast, its cramped and full of adrenaline (i've won a game holding on to 1 point :D) so its natural that ppl are under stress. this stress gets channeled into newbies. its human nature to vent anger.