Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely disgusting..

AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember Posts: 2,617 Rare

Let me start by a small intro to my situation. I played the game from beta/release for 1-2 months and got some good joy out of it here and there since then.  It has been 4+ month since i last played but honestly it is getting more and more hard to play when jumping in. Due to the massive amount of changes and champions its just hard to get it all in during a return game or even the next 10. Which is fine, not really a complaint personally however..

I decided to give the new mode dominion a shot. Let me tell you the community has gone from fairly decent with some bad apples to out right disgusting and rotten. I mean i'm a little slow figuring out the changes or even learning the new mode for my first game.  However even explaining to people gimme a sec i'm a bit new to the mode and haven't played awhile. They throw complete trantrums, apparently now you're only aloud to pick specific champs for dominion aswell.. ok. So you have several people barking orders 3 top 2 bot or  all top 1 bot. Ah let the hell begin as soon as you go the wrong way you just became the shit on the floor.  I've never been called so many obscenities in my life, the insults just poured out like filth from a sewer drain. They would die and immediately blame someone else.

So here we are.. frustrating first game. I figured another game couldn't hurt i mean could the whole community be trash? Absolutely. I finally gave up after my 5th game of either myself being slammed into the pavement with insults or other players. Believe me i'm great at dishing and taking shit talk but sometimes there is a line i don't cross and this community is all over it.

I won't touch LoL again after my recent experiences. Bantering is one thing, cruelty is another.

Comments

• drazzahdrazzah SoJers, NJMember Posts: 437 Uncommon

You were probably just in the same game as me! Haha, Welcome to the new LoL. Everyone on this game pretty much plays with a huge ego, and mostly the reason a lot of people act like this is because they know they will lose if just one person on their team is bad. Now im not saying your bad, but by saying "gimme a sec, im a returning player" labels you as a NOOB to them so that just sets them off.

This is exaclty why i usually play with a premade of 3 - 5 of my friends and just ignore the ringers.

• atticusbcatticusbc Member Posts: 1,080 Uncommon

yeah. i stopped playing LoL after the first half of my first match for this exact reason. worst community i've ever experienced (including those from FPSses).

• BenthonBenthon Cedar Rapids, IAMember Posts: 2,069

Don't play Dominion. The amount of assholes in that game mode makes me cringe, good player or not.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• PuremallacePuremallace Phoenix, AZMember Posts: 1,856

F2P game goes main stream. We are having this talk over on the Rift forums. When small games go main stream you attract the pricks. Hope it gets better :)

• BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Pasadena, MDMember Posts: 288 Uncommon

Dominion is a very fast paced map,  you need to get to control points as soon as possible and hold them.

It requires a lot more skill that the normal slower paced summoners rift.  Most people know this which is why they get all intense.  If you suck just dont play the game,  helps me out a ton.

• atticusbcatticusbc Member Posts: 1,080 Uncommon

Originally posted by BelegStrongbow

Dominion is a very fast paced map,  you need to get to control points as soon as possible and hold them.

It requires a lot more skill that the normal slower paced summoners rift.  Most people know this which is why they get all intense.  If you suck just dont play the game,  helps me out a ton.

so what you're saying is "if you aren't a savant and can't instantly master the strategy and controls don't play." so basically any new players are out of luck.

exercise: remember when you first started LoL, and then try to remember if you wished people didn't treat you like crap for just being new. yay! empathy!

• RednecksithRednecksith Madison heights, MIMember Posts: 1,238

Ah, thank you so much for providing an example as to exactly what's wrong with LoL's community. Damned kids.

• darthwiz67darthwiz67 whittier, CAMember Posts: 11

Can you honestly say that these people were not like this when you left.  Its been known now for a long time that a lot of LOL's playerbase is really bad.  I think what happend is that when you were gone people started becoming more leet with there skills and pretty much hated on anyone who was new.  Thats how it was when i was new.    Because of this you now have the reason most people wont play LOL.  I still play LOL, but it gets hard when everyone hates when you do something out of the norm.  Dominion made LOL easier for me to play since i can just kill things while i rush points with little to no death penalty. 

• ArcheminosArcheminos Portland, ORMember Posts: 283

The com mand I find helpful is the /mute <name> command. If someone is just being rude and not suggesting anything helpful, I mute them and enjoy my game. If I lose, I still learn, and all they can do is cry to empty air. I still call mias and do my job as a teammate, but in the quiet of less stupidity.

• darthwiz67darthwiz67 whittier, CAMember Posts: 11

OMG thats what my last post was about...YOU. Thanks for making LOL fun ass...

• ScrogdogScrogdog Woburn, MAMember Posts: 380

I guess we call it LoL for a reason. lol

• TheOtterTheOtter Seattle, WAMember Posts: 45 Uncommon

I've got some friends who play and they always bug me to come try the game out again (I quit after a very similar experience). Everytime I go back to try it out the community just trashes me to dirt. I even used the mute thing and they got revenge on me by having one of their friends on the enemy team essentially spawn kill me.

So.....yeah. LoLs community has completely turned me off MOBAs. And to those who would tell me to "suck it up" I'd ask how I am supposed to get better when all everyone does is yell at me? I've worked in communities with that same attitude and I handled it just fine but it isn't fun to play in.

• doragon86doragon86 Boston, MAMember Posts: 589 Uncommon

Hmm, yea it has quite a terrible community. I started a couple of weeks ago. If I'm doing good, people are giving me crap. If I'm doing bad people are giving me crap. It's pretty much gotten to the point where I don't even look at the chat box anymore.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember Posts: 2,617 Rare

Here is some of the issue lol, it isn't a matter of "sucking" its a matter of ok new map or new player.. it isn't instant learn click im uber. I'm by no means a bad player or atleast i didn't used to be. I guess being new again equates to shit on a stick.

Though its people like you that ruin games.. yanno games fun.. entertainment.. happy time.. Oh well you can be serious or even slapstick but douchebaggery is lame.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Toronto, ONMember Posts: 605

if you are returning after a long time off why didn't you just practice on bots first?

anways, as already stated you're pretty much screwed with one bad player in a dominion match. But at least the matces can be much quicker. Any free or no subscription extremely popular game is going to have "that" community. Just look at games like Call of duty, halo, counter strike, etc. Any relatively cheap and popular game is going to have that same community. 

But really who cares about a community anyways, the game is fun as hell. If you're to childish to either ignore people or brush it off, then I don't think the internet is for you. 

• Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYMember Posts: 2,426 Uncommon

Sadly LoL isnt an easy game to get down.

It gets even worse since people have absolutely no patience at all if someone is still learning.

One would think that these people would simply pre-made most of the time to avoid the new players.

Anyway, stick with it. I've been enjoying my time in the game for the last couple months, im not the greatest player but i've learnt what not to do in these games. I may not have the best K/D/A ratio but i keep it respectable by playing my role and if you glance at the score board you wouldnt be able to single me out as a complete newb thats feeding the other team.

Playing:

Waiting on:

• SybnalSybnal nunavit, NWMember Posts: 261

There is an easy solution to this. Man up a bit and don't give a shit what random assholes in a video game say.

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

if you are returning after a long time off why didn't you just practice on bots first?
    anways, as already stated you're pretty much screwed with one bad player in a dominion match. But at least the matces can be much quicker. Any free or no subscription extremely popular game is going to have "that" community. Just look at games like Call of duty, halo, counter strike, etc. Any relatively cheap and popular game is going to have that same community. 
    But really who cares about a community anyways, the game is fun as hell. If you're to childish to either ignore people or brush it off, then I don't think the internet is for you. 

Community matters as it is a team based game, aren't going to do well as a TEAM if you have half of them on ignore.. Also you can't brush off sewage you need to destroy your cloths and then take a long extensive shower afterwards. CS and CoD aren't remotely close to this community in terms of filth. I mean FPS game may have it but it isn't even close to being as thick.

Either way the game can be fun, but the community can break the game.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Kansas City, MOMember Posts: 4,844 Common

OP, you just perfectly illustrated why I don't enjoy PvP.   Certainly IRL I would never sit and listen to that kind of crap, I'm not going to PAY to listen to it just because "it's only virtual" and "it shouldn't bother me."  It does bother me.  It's not just your typical smack talk, it's vile, repulsive, and garbage to which I'm not willing to repeatedly expose myself.  You can't exactly turn off chat in PvP and be very effective (unless you're on voice chat), so....I just don't PvP anymore.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• SwampRobSwampRob Halifax, NSMember Posts: 1,003 Uncommon

I gave this game a try and never even got as far as the OP.   I played one and a half matches against Bots and I was so thoroughly bored I just shut the game off middle of the second match.      I've played a few other games of the same type, and IMO, LOL was the most unfun by a huge margin.

• sonoggisonoggi tdot, ONMember Posts: 1,119

you have to understand there are 15 million people playing this. it's not much different from WoW. chances are, you'll stumble onto a kiddie who's skippin school to play. it doesnt change the fact that LoL is one of the best multiplayer games out right now. i just go lalalala-i-am-not-listening, and play.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Kansas City, MOMember Posts: 4,844 Common

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

It has nothing to do with being childish, it has to do with having some self respect.  I spend plenty of time on the internet.  Internet trolls don't even come CLOSE to the vile refuse that kids in PvP can spew.  I won't listen to that sort of behavior or watch them be cruel to other people either.  No thank you.  I'm 48 years old and I have, over the course of my life, developed enough self respect that I don't voluntarily subject myself to that kind of immature crap.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus LondonMember Posts: 214

Originally posted by sonoggi

i just go lalalala-i-am-not-listening, and play.

This. Sure if you were allow rude pricks to ruin a game for you it would rule our everything but Lord of the Rings online and the odd, rare arse isn't unheard of in that game either

• KatrisaKatrisa Denver, COMember Posts: 112 Uncommon

I have just started playing LoL in the past month and I almost quit because of the awful community. There is no room for someone new to learn the game. Not to mention that this game is very hard for newblets to master. I probably lost my first 10 games. The only advice or help ppl will give you is "stop sucking" or "uninstall"

It takes the same amount of time to help someone and explain the strat as it does to rage all game long but that seems to be the worst crime of all... to actually help someone.

Worst community in any game.... period

/hiss

Originally posted by sonoggi

you have to understand there are 15 million people playing this. it's not much different from WoW. chances are, you'll stumble onto a kiddie who's skippin school to play. it doesnt change the fact that LoL is one of the best multiplayer games out right now. i just go lalalala-i-am-not-listening, and play.

I stumble onto a kid in WoW with a mouth on em however in LoL i fall into a whole nest of em.

I mean its like this for me, if you're swimming in a pool and someone swims next to ya and you feel the ominous warm water flow around you.. do you just simply ignore it because it was a rude thing to do and yanno its going to happen anyways in the next pool you get into? Who wants to wade in filth? I sure don't.

I don't understand people..