Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Diablo III: Auction House to Utilize PayPal

13»

Comments

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I guess you could say that just like college you may have to take out a loan to get everything you want out of a cash auction house-based game.

• Originally posted by Illyssia

I guess you could say that just like college you may have to take out a loan to get everything you want out of a cash auction house-based game.

Really, just give up the college example.  :)  If you bought your degree, you'll be found out and fired.  If you buy Diablo gear no one will ever care.  Comparing apples and donkeys here.

• Originally posted by Aori

I finally figured out a way to fix this dispute. Game companys need to institude a new ban policy, if you can't meet the hour requirements for each month you are banned. So in order to keep your account active you have to play a minimum of 160 hours a month. While they're at it they'll have to remove the warnings of playing to long and to not go outside or spend time with your family or friends.

Next problem.. legalizing hacking so the bots can play 160 hours a month instead of the player.

Or people could simply accept the fact that there are varying ways to "get ahead" in the game.

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

edit.. i cant quote it seems. so post was pointless.

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Originally posted by zaxxon23

Originally posted by Torqia

I think for most of you to understand the reason for this Real money model, you would have to try and play diablo 2 today. I still do and i tell you the spam from item selling sites is unbelivable.. you cant see the screen for bots spamming.

its hard to talk (as in writing) to people cus of the massive flods of text from up to 7 bots at a time. If this trend were to continue into diablo 3, the game would die in a heartbeat and blizzard knows this. So if they didnt remove the basis of there operation (being real monney trading). what was to stop them.....

Nothing. 

So even though i dont belive in buying the items as it fundamentaly removes the reason to play the game. Im truely glad they did make this model. 

Funny thing is. Its gonna feel exactly like cheeting. Its fun for 5 min then you uninstall the game. nothing left to do. killed it all with ease and then you move on. 

Its the journey thats fun.. the hoping to find the items.. the thrill of actualy getting them. Not freaking buying them. thats just boring.

My 2 cents.

(edit. Spel lik krap)

Have you every actually played "end-game" d2?  Have you ever actually found all the items you want/need?  It's next to impossible unless you are lucky beyond belief.  A Diablo game is not wow.  You don't finish a raid and complete your set.  You hunt for items, and will likely never find many that you want.  When you buy an item in a Diablo game, you aren't even close to finished, and the best part about the rmah is that even if you were to spend enough money (and it would be tons of cash) to "complete" your character, you'd still have a reason to play.  To find more items and sell them.

Ehhm have i played end game d2?? ya m8 i have, quite a bit.. and i tell you that getting near perfect gear doesnt take so long anymore cus every freaking kid out there buy there items from sites.. its so obvious. i play ladder and every little shit has 5+ hr's just lying around. people give ist's for crap items.. I tell you its not what it was 3-4 years ago..

My point is just: i welcome that stinking money ah because it will make the game playable but I wont use it. Its as simple as that. Like said earlier. the fun part is trading and finding.. not buying with real money.