Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQII release date info....wrong on release date thingy

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

this is an actual artical from www.eqii.com

When is EverQuest 2 coming out?

The official release date is Q4 2003. That is the end of this year. Any other dates that you see posted anywhere other than official SOE and EverQuest 2 websites is pure speculation (yes, this includes retail stores).

Will the game come out on time?

SOE has assured us that they are still set to release EverQuest 2 by the end of this year.

so...i dunno if u wanna change it or notimage

Email me at [email protected]
~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    yello? so many views...but no replies?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

SoE like marketing so would probabaly release it in time for christmas  but it will be in an unfinished state.

However since it is traditional to release mmrpg bug ridden they will not have second thoughts about pushing it out in time.

They know there will be loads of moaning but in the end they will have those servers filled up pretty much as SWG is still.

lol...remember AC2 came out on the release date, but buggy as hell

It is like traditional to release bugged games.

EQ,UO,AO,SWG,shadowbane,AC2 were all severely bgged when they came out so doubt SoE will think twice about releasing a bugged game

• odinwiseodinwise Member Posts: 79
    I don't know how they can hope to put this game out by the end of this year..that's 4 months away and there hasn't even been a single beta phase yet.  They can't put it out this year without it sucking hardcore due to bugs, balance issues, etc.  It just can't happen.

Pune!

• HedenHeden Member Posts: 131

Originally posted by odinwise
    I don't know how they can hope to put this game out by the end of this year..that's 4 months away and there hasn't even been a single beta phase yet.  They can't put it out this year without it sucking hardcore due to bugs, balance issues, etc.  It just can't happen.

Pune!

10000% agree

Heden

Heden

but they have reassured us so many times that the release date will NOT be delayed

• dragon_cndragon_cn Member Posts: 2
    o  no  ...! the end of this year  ...maybe in my country ,we'll  wait  till  July of next year~~~~!!!!

lol ok....i don't know if i should get it on release...maybe it might be too buggy, i mgiht wait like 2 months

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by odinwise

Pune!

Since when has a EQ product (computer wise) ever been released without buggs or missing content?Anything is possible with SoE.I bet it will make a schedualed release but be missing butt loads of content and buggy as hell.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

To be honest I probabaly will not join the EQ2 bandwagon till about 3 months in if it releases in december.

That is if horizons turns out badly.

I plan to stick to horizons for a while anyhow and see how it goes.

i'll stick to planetside for abit,...then get EQII like in february

Omol releasing game bugged is not a syndrome of EQ or SoE it is very general.

UO- when released you could be stuck in a lag spike for 10 mins ,boats vanished after purchase up to 2001(thats 4 years after its release) !!!

EQ- yeah bugged as hell on release ,boats also failed to show up  for like 2 years too.

AO- nearly killed the game on release.Took ages to sort out.Major problem though I felt was that the specs of a computer for the game that time was consderably high and they lied to get more people to play.

I bought AO with a 128RAM pent 3  intergrated card(yep folks that was my shitty system in 2001).Lagged like hell.I threw in another 128 RAM and a geforce card and ran smoothly with only occasional city lag.Though it still had horrible bugs too.

DAoC- no lag but the bugs were plentiful(only a dummy ran back to get out of catacombs LOL numerous invisible  wall holes in dungeons there to escape with).

AC- same too.

Shadowbane- same

SWG- same.

List goes on.

Thing is ideally best to wait a few months to buy ANY mmrpg but the gamer in us forces us to go buy it within a month.

• OmolOmol Member Posts: 332

Yea now look at EQ and SoE's track record.You will notice that not only are they buggy but they lack content,due to being incomplete at release.I know that alot of games today are being released as crap material,but you can not over look the fact that a company has the gall to put out a unfinished product.Such as the product for EQ's expansions have been.

I have played every game on your list except SWG and AO,so you dont need to list how buggy they where cause well I already know about them,but like I said SoE's track record with EQ should be enough to persuade anyone that is up todate on this stuff to atleast hold off for a few months.

----------------------------
    Omol da'Ox

• J2KhouriJ2Khouri Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I agree - this is an outrage! 
    Lmao
    NECROOOOOOOO
    Guys, you're making it hard for me to necro this by myself, I need help.