Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: Accounts Reactivated for Freedom

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Paragon Studios and the City of Heroes dev team have announced that the process has started to reactivate all retired accounts prior to the launch of the Freedom iteration of the game.

Accounts are being reactivated to give former players a chance to check out City of Heroes: Freedom, the free to play version of the game. In addition, players will be able to get a look at all of the changes to the game since their last log in.

Read more about the reactivation campaign, grab links for download, and more on the City of Heroes: Freedom forum.

Thanks to Montaronx for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Nice! Might have to try it out again, been a while since i have played it.

• DarkerFateDarkerFate Member UncommonPosts: 100

I've already downloaded it, just waiting for this reactivation thing to tick on my account.

Gamer by nature,
    poet by heart.

• sythraelsythrael Member UncommonPosts: 58

Definitely give me something to do while waiting for SW:TOR.

May the Chaos forever bind you to it's glory.

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

Originally posted by DarkerFate

I've already downloaded it, just waiting for this reactivation thing to tick on my account.

Same here. It'll be nice to try COH again.

• KanoRainKanoRain Member Posts: 94

Same same.  Couldn't manage to even pay for my account when it first went live either.

Originally posted by Deleted User

So much of the game is centered around forced grouping that soloing is not an option, major design flaw in my opinion.

^
    ^lol

Well, a lot sure has changed.  I'm enjoying this a lot, though it does feel pretty dated.

So much of the game is centered around forced grouping that soloing is not an option, major design flaw in my opinion.

^
    ^lol

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

WIN!

Just wish I could use my Masterminds.. I mean I bought CoV seperate, and Going Rogue seperate. Seems like it'd be something to give returning players.

Oh well. As long as it doesn't cost >10 bucks to unlock.... /holdsbreath

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• striker107striker107 Member Posts: 6

can't wait to see the changes its been 5 yrars since I last played that game as a trial

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I would probably play this if they made mastermind free.  I got a level 50 MM, but can't unlock /cry.  And classes cost $15...or 1200 points

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Don't you have to pay for controllers too. Thats BS. Freemium is BS. MM and controllers are the best classes (next would be tanks and scrappers and mayne brutes). Maybe it wont be so bad for the players that put hundreds of dollars into the game via monthly fees.

• tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Hmm, i could have sworn i read "returning players would be able to keep and access everything they had from their previously active account" .....Is this not so ?

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Well i've had my account active for a while. If they are just now reactivating accounts that mans more of those green/yellow servers will go red.

Will be nice to see people wandering around again, assuming they don't all take part in the what is called farming team.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• tkobotkobo Member Posts: 465

Found it, theres a bit more abimquiity there ,but its pretty damn cose.

"Retain nearly everything you already purchased or unlocked, including Super Boosters, expansions, and directly purchased character slots."

So, since i bought both CoH and CoV seperately,would i have access to the chars i built during that time under those purchases ?Or are they purposely trying to mislead people,and in fact the only things id have access to from the past were "cyptic shop" bought "items" .....

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Originally posted by Gravarg

I would probably play this if they made mastermind free.  I got a level 50 MM, but can't unlock /cry.  And classes cost $15...or 1200 points

I don't see the problem, all of your old vet rewards are active....I had 9 extra unlockable slots. Cost me nothing to unlock all the characters I had active on one server..

Also premium players get the 10 base archetypes, you pay for powersets not archtypes.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489

My account is reactivated, but you gotta be VIP to play in their current HeadStart and I ain't paying. I'll just wait.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

shoot, I might finish up my demon summoner to 50 finally.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Same!

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

My old account has been reactivated, but I couldnt find any of my toons. The visuals have aged well I noticed or maybe they upgraded the graphics engine over the years.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Originally posted by someforumguy

My old account has been reactivated, but I couldnt find any of my toons. The visuals have aged well I noticed or maybe they upgraded the graphics engine over the years.

They did

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247

Downloaded, logged in an old character and played. Its still as hollow as ever but finally worth the price of admission.

Having said that, I am a stat fan, if you're looking for a super casual game this might be for you.

Originally posted by Gravarg

If you have a level 50 MM then unless you stole someones account to play him and are now playing on a completely free account, you can play MM just fine.  If you owned CoV and CoH you have 14 unlock tokens with an extra 2 not used.  I have every archetype unlocked.  If you spent 30 seconds just searching for an answer instead of complaining you'd be playing your MM.

^
    ^lol

• warrner10warrner10 Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by BarelyEin

Downloaded, logged in an old character and played. Its still as hollow as ever but finally worth the price of admission.

Having said that, I am a stat fan, if you're looking for a super casual game this might be for you.

yea no i dont think so. One of them other Super MMo's maybe, but casual dosent get u very far in CoH.

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by BarelyEin

Have you tried the IO system? Pretty deep stating there.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

I was able to login yesterday, can't today though. Says my payment has expired. So much for free to play.

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247

Admittedly no, but I haven't given up all hope, I'm gonna give it a good run through before giving up on it totally. The Arachnos Soldier looks kinda neat too, would he be able to go hero with the going rogue thing?