Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why still no business model announcement ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

They have 2 1/2 more months until release and still no official announcement of their business model. You would think if it was the normal $15.00 a month it would not be that much trouble to officially announce it. I predict the game will be more than $15.00 a month and it will have a cash shop. Why else would they still hold back the business model or perhaps they will spring the news the last moment on us... Thoughts ?

Comments

• nemesynemesy Member UncommonPosts: 4

• 1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)

• 3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)

• 6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Keep your panty hose on.

*1000 posts woohoo

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

As expected, but for awhile there I was thinking they'd raise it to $19.99...considering the rumored price they've spent and being EA!

• SomartSomart Member UncommonPosts: 61

fail post is fail

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

They have. It was announced at the same time as the release date.  HERE is a link directly to it. Basically the standard $15 a month but they did adjust Euro prices rather than treating them the same.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Well, we all lined up to slam him within seconds of each other per the post times... lol.

• pmreeb23pmreeb23 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Sorry you cant read it was on the offcial announcemnt on swtor.com lol

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Khrymson

As expected, but for awhile there I was thinking they'd raise it to $19.99...considering the rumored price they've spent and being EA!

Heh...they really don't have too....  Even IF the rumored $100 million price WAS right, they've covered a minimum of a quarter of that just through US preorders (pushing 500K for US only, not including digital or the rest of the world)

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Somart

fail post is fail

exactly the type of baseless alarmism we should expect from a gw2 fanboi [mod edit]

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by czekoskwigel

fail post is fail

exactly the type of baseless alarmism we should expect from a gw2 fanboi  [mod edit]

thus my signature lol. personally the pricing is exactly what I expected all along. The only thing Im disappointed in is that there isn't a better long term value deal beyond 6 months.

There Is Always Hope!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by keithian

The only thing Im disappointed in is that there isn't a better long term value deal beyond 6 months.

the pricing is the same as world of warcraft

wow has no 12 month discounts and charges the same for 6 months

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21450&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=subscription

- $14.99 per month for a month-to-month recurring subscription

- $13.99 per month for a 3-month recurring subscription *

- $12.99 per month for a 6-month recurring subscription *

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

fail post is fail

exactly the type of baseless alarmism we should expect from a gw2 fanboi  [mod edit]

I do not think that word means what you think it means.  

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Homitu

fail post is fail

I do not think that word means what you think it means.  

Inconciveable.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by Nadia

The only thing Im disappointed in is that there isn't a better long term value deal beyond 6 months.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21450&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=subscription

Thank you, but I know all of this already. What does WOW have to do with what I wrote? lol. My thoughts are still the same, that I wish there was a better long term value deal beyond 6 months.

There Is Always Hope!

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by blazin-ace

Well, we all lined up to slam him within seconds of each other per the post times... lol.

while i suppose the wording could have been better, i think everyone was quick to "correct" him, I actually did have to look a tiny bit as it wasn't in the e-mail, as i had to look at the actual announcement itself to find the information.

I suppose it was due to the way he asked it rather then the question itself. A little research or asking "nicer" would have gone a ways but nothing wrong with wondering about this info. Glad it was out there, nothing more annoying to me is when someone asks a question for info that should be out there, that isn't.

Least it was pretty much in plain sight (if you knew where to go for info aka the main website) i'm just glad that they werent on display like this.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Originally posted by Nadia

Thank you, but I know all of this already. What does WOW have to do with what I wrote? lol. My thoughts are still the same, that I wish there was a better long term value deal beyond 6 months.

Yeah, not worth paying more than 1 month at a time imo, not a big enough break, for the risk of being locked in.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

There is a free month included so there should be enough time to gauge the sub payment you want before any "locking in".

Originally posted by mmoguy43

There is a free month included so there should be enough time to gauge the sub payment you want before any "locking in".

Even if I loved it, not enough savings to make me pay for more than 1 month at a time is what I was getting at. The 3 month sub is a $3 saving...Meh....and 6 months is a long time, for $12 risk/reward wise imo....Now if it was closer to the Rift discount that they were giving, then it is worth the gamble.  

I don't blame them though, lot of hype, and it is a known franchise...Just isn't very consumer friendly.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

I think they left out The Lifetime Sub Package, lol...

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138

Literally the second article from the top from PCgamer.com

Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription costs are identical to World of Warcraft’s

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Xstatic912

I think they left out The Lifetime Sub Package, lol...

This isn't Cryptic. They aren't gonna release a half finished game and then bilk people with a lifetime sub and then swtch the game over to F2P less than a year later.

• Ayupan23Ayupan23 Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by SaintViktor

They have 2 1/2 more months until release and still no official announcement of their business model. You would think if it was the normal $15.00 a month it would not be that much trouble to officially announce it. I predict the game will be more than $15.00 a month and it will have a cash shop. Why else would they still hold back the business model or perhaps they will spring the news the last moment on us... Thoughts ?

Well if you would have taken the time to actually read the Official announcement. You would have clearly seen the Subscription info, But no your urge to troll stoped you from doing so.

Originally posted by Mavek

Literally the second article from the top from PCgamer.com

Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription costs are identical to World of Warcraft’s

SO!  It is a WoW clone!  J/K hehe, couldn't stop myself.

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62

Guys - I cleaned up the language a little bit. Please refer to the RoC Language Policy when posting on the forum.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

had a semi quick look around (yes it took some digging but i felt it worthwhile.)

If you need i can recall my sources but here is the list of sub plans for 2 other games

Okay first for reminder (incase you skipped down to the bottom :) )

Here is the plans for 1 3 and 6 months for swtor

• 1 Month Subscription: $14.99 per month

• 3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month

• 6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month

Here is the sub model for lord of the rings online

• $14.99/month

• $41.97/3 months

• $77.94/6 months

and heres the one for age of conan

• $14.99 USD/month

• $41,97 USD/3 months

• $77.94 USD/6 months

As you can see if you do some calculations for swtor here is what they come to if you add up amounts for SWTOR

• $14.99 for 1 month

• $41.97 for 3 months

• $77.94 for 6 months

So techanically yes it's following WoW sub model. Just like it's following AoC and lord of the rings model as well. probably CoH (which i couldn't find after some digging for the multi months) as well as a few others.

So the article is correct, except what it probably should have said (or didn't want to for whatever reason) is that while it's following wow model of payment, it's also following the standard fee values...shocker i know

Edit: changed a few things to be more accurate and some words to make them make more sense.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.