Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people ignore AION??

Comments

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

The game suffered from not making up its mind about what kind of game it was and then sticking to it. The game was originally a more about open world pvp game (PvPvE they called it). So of course all the pve players complained about getting ganked alot and left quickly with a bad taste in there mouth from it. That left all the pvp players and those who like pvp with there pve. So what did NCsoft do? The caved into all the complaints from players about ganking and over-nerfed rifting. One of the few things about the game that set it apart from most other mmo's and they gave up on it. But of course by the time they did this, they had already lost most of the players that would have cared and instead irritated alot of the remaining player base who enjoyed rifting/pvp with there pve. At this point the game is much less grindy and NCsoft has pretty much decided that it is easier to focus more on PvE then balance PvP.

At present Aion is far closer to the PvE type game all the original players that quit in the first 6 months wanted it to be, But its no longer the unique PvPvE game it promised to be. Only thing it has going for it now is graphics(short lived dominance given Tera, and B&S release soon), charachter creator, and admittedly some of the most amazing gear skins in any game. If you were unhappy with it before but saw it as a potentially good game back toward release, then it wll be a great game for you now. Of course with the upcoming list of releases i see its future as uncertain at least in NA.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

gold farmers, bots. ridiculous amounts.

NCSoft felt in no way inclined to stop them, so I felt in no way inclined to pay them for their handling of the matter.

You could not read chat, and you could not play the game with the ridiculous amount of farming bots killing everything that moved. I doubt very much any of it has changed, because NCSoft doesn't change things, worse than EA in regards to looking out for it consumers....and that's very, very bad.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

if you play the korean version,yes gold farmer are ligal in korea,not sure tho if they tolerate them there ,but in america they are activelly on the wanted dead or alive list of aion america!

• AennyAenny Member UncommonPosts: 10

Too much PVP, thats the reason I stopped playin Aion.

• EvilkanebelEvilkanebel Member Posts: 20

to the OP..

Feel's like a polished Korean MMO grind and there are plenty other Korean mmo's where you don't have to pay a monthly fee.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Evilkanebel
    to the OP..
    Feel's like a polished Korean MMO grind and there are plenty other Korean mmo's where you don't have to pay a monthly fee.

yep i agree,lot of f2p that will be = without the monthly!
  • YarlyYarly Member Posts: 53

I played at launch until cap, which was 50 then I believe.  The cons outwayed the pros, so I stopped giving a poop about Aion.

Liked:

PvP was great at first, environments were astonishing, gameplay was fluid and fun.

Disliked:

Bots, gold spammers, grind, kill-10-rats questing, support, absolutely no end-game, one-sided abyss, pay-to-play.

Guild Wars 2!

• anxisfanisanxisfanis Member Posts: 7

I tried Aion at launch and one more time for a month before a couple of months.

No quests at all. If by quests it means kill 100 or kill 200 of these mobs and gather badges then yes aion has quests. All the time i felt like i have to do the job named "quests" after my day job.

No pvp at all. Gank or be Ganged. Mass pvp is also like a routine. Elyos living their castles in order Asmodians to cap them and then the same again. Pointless world pvp. PVP is more like a mob grind to abyss to gather the necessery pvp points (for those who dont know in aion you can gain pvp points by farming mobs...)

and many more i can talk for a few hours. Last time i checked 2 months ago the game, it was westernized in craft and few more thinks, but my opinion remains the same.

Polished, great graphics and boring

PS. didnt manage to play the whole month i pay :/

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Mannish

Originally posted by Ganksinatra

It's awesome.....right up until you meet up with a cleric in the Abyss only 2 levels higher then you and your friends and he rapes all 5 of you in a few minutes. They may have changed that, but that ruined it for me. At the time I last played, there was no real guarunteed stuns or interupts...you could use a skill that had a CHANCE to do those things, but to be honest, they hardly ever did, leading to clerics healing themselves to full every couple of seconds, all while dropping their little lightning thingy that kills you. That alone was enough for me to say screw it and leave for another game.

ALL games have problems with balance as far as PvP goes, don't get me wrong, but when the guy that keeps everyone alive is almost unkillable unless you gang up on him, it kind of takes away from anyone NOT being a cleric, and there were a TON of them back then.

This is the reason I quit because of the horrible class balance in pvp. I played a Templar from launch for about 3 months and made to Level 35. I gave up afther getting pwned over and over again by ranged classes like Sorcerer / Ranger. Aion is an awesome game and I still think its the best mmo out of its kind.

this post its full of no knowledge from class or game , templar with same level/gear loosing to ranger? must be kidding...anyway this is a group zerg orientated pvp game not solo pvp game, and yes gear does matter , but a game without gear GRInd had no chance to survive

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

The same mis-management as Lineage 2 received led to it being pointless.

Just like Lineage 2, I can find a better experience, with more real players, and things implemented that the playerbase have wanted (e.g. non restricted flight), on a private server at no cost.

While I dont play it on a private server, id never play retail simply for the fact that someone in their bedroom can run a better implementation of the game than NCSoft have managed to do...

• katasteelkatasteel Member UncommonPosts: 30

Forced PVP after level 20.

That is why i don't play, although I do own the game.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by pedrostrik

this post its full of no knowledge from class or game , templar with same level/gear loosing to ranger? must be kidding...anyway this is a group zerg orientated pvp game not solo pvp game, and yes gear does matter , but a game without gear GRInd had no chance to survive

"a game without gear GRInd had no chance to survive". I sure hope not. P2P games make you grind gear on and on and on just for the sake of draining more subs from you. I seriously dislike the gear grind (raiding and raiding and then more raiding in hopes of getting a drop). It's a job, not a fun game at that point. Many games use the gear grind raiding mechanic to keep you sinking more and more money into the game. You don't have to go along with it. There are enough games out there that don't force raiding on you and games that do, well, I won't be sorry to see them go.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Britas

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by inzane3

Originally posted by WhiteCross
    Aion = S U C K A G E!

I played in beta and at launch.

OP, this is why.
    Entrenched opinions formed years ago that refuse to acknowledge change or take a reasonable look at the current game. It happens with every game across these boards, because everyone knows having an entrenched 'pro' opinion (ie, one that just stupidly repeats what the 'cool kids' say) makes you 'pro'.
    Thanks White for demonstrating that :)

lol Aion did suck at launch and at Beta and Even months after that.

That wasnt debated or the point being made.

It may not be the point being made, but that's largely why people are not playing the game. That stigma of a poor launch is going to stick with Aion forever.

I agree, and that fact really reinforces my original statement.

You missed the other half of my post. :-(

There are no (or very, very few) people talking about what's cool in Aion. Not on these forums anyway. Warhammer Online has people that will talk about the RvR and how cool it is. Even Star Trek Online or Champions Online will have people say the game is decent for what it is...or at least one aspect of the game is good. Most responses on Aion are either "OMGWTFBLAHBLAHBLAHITSUCKS!" or that "it's meh".

The 'meh' thing is probably the worst though...it has no claim to fame. Not even one thing about the game the can be acknowledged by players as a good thing about the game. There's nothing horribly bad that players can fight about...it's just, "meh".

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ThydusThydus Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Qtar

When game come out in spetember i hit lvl 35 and i quit it was pain...grind grind grind.. And i afraid to come back . Good game dont make only graphics and good music..

if aion is a grind game lineage 2 what is? 

stop say aion is a grind game because is not the true...

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

Originally posted by nblitz

The enchanting and manastoning system depresses me and makes me not want to play for extended periods of time. Those are my main reasons why I have quit several times and why I don't stay subbed for longer periods. 

This is also probably the reason why many dub it a grind and do not recommend the game to others. I know I haven't.

Also I've grown a bit tired of the click-to-attack & stand-there-and-trade-blows-combat (I can't remember the word for this) but I wouldn't unsub from a fun game for that.

Why are you keyboard turning and spell clicking?  Even in WoW they call this NOOB.  Try using hotkeys.  Change 'A' & 'D' to strafe left and strafe right.  Use the mouse to turn the character or camera.  Then the first hotkeys you can use are Q & E.  And in most P2P games you can use Shift + E and Shift + Q.  That's 4 spells right there, for two keys.  

Once you start playing this way, you will never go back.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,764

The Grind is nothing like it use to be. I recently got back into playing myself and its no longer that painful. I can agree with those that quit early on. I also played when it 1st launched, I got to 22 and that was it for me. Now I'm enjoying myself, I actually level 4 classes to 20 in a week, I  even rerolled Templar so I can learn to play the class again.

More power to those that stuck it out before the chnages.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • BallistaBallista Member UncommonPosts: 120

I played this again from April-July 2011 with 3 friends. The xp grind is better, but the game is still a grind in every aspect. While leveling is a bit faster, it's still repeatables and rehashed content. The game was super fun for a week to experience all the changes, 3 months later I realized I was still having to play the game like a second job to get anywhere. And then we quit again. We'll never return, even with a ton of advancement over the last year the game is still a second job.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

Grind grind grind grind.....

Also killing pokeman with sounds effects going HIIBA HIIBA CHEE CHEE are not entertaining.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Originally posted by Thydus

When game come out in spetember i hit lvl 35 and i quit it was pain...grind grind grind.. And i afraid to come back . Good game dont make only graphics and good music..

If Aion is a grind game, then what is Lineage 2?

Stop saying Aion is a grind game because it's not true...

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Painlezz

Originally posted by Thydus

If Aion is a grind game, then Lineage 2 is a grindEX game.

Stop saying Aion isn't a grind game just because Lineage have a even bigger grind game.

hehe, Aion has been better streamlined since launched, but I just don't particularly like the art style. Also really turned off by the flying part, when you let me fly at some zones and not others, it feels particularly like out of place.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Painlezz

That is not a good argument.

It is like when journalist complains about a country doing bad stuff the goverment would say that "North Korea is worse so whatever we do is fine".

L2 have a lot more grind than Aion, but Aion is still very grindy. Just look on the number of "rat killing quests" the game have and the number of mobs you need to kill.

Aion have it's good sides as well, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have bad sides.

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

Took me 50mins to get lvl 10

half a day to get lvl 30

30-40 a week.

40-50 was boring but took a few weeks.

1 week to get lvl 50-55.

The real grind is end-game.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

Grinding in your 30 and so on, burnt me out.

Bot and Spammers, from the whispers to the chat channel being flooded was just horrible and extremly annoying.

Flying is a joke in my opinion, I would like to have a ground mount.  LOL, the Hype on flying and at a low level was a selling point for me when I bought the game.  Transportation options is the game is weak and it's just something I shouldn't have to be thinking about, and I do.

The game looked and felt like a winner when I first started playing it, but that changed all to fast for me, with all the new batch of MMO's coming out next year, even if I wanted to give this game another go, I wouldn't have the time to play it.

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by AvsRock21

Originally posted by nblitz

The enchanting and manastoning system depresses me and makes me not want to play for extended periods of time. Those are my main reasons why I have quit several times and why I don't stay subbed for longer periods. 

This is also probably the reason why many dub it a grind and do not recommend the game to others. I know I haven't.

Also I've grown a bit tired of the click-to-attack & stand-there-and-trade-blows-combat (I can't remember the word for this) but I wouldn't unsub from a fun game for that.

Why are you keyboard turning and spell clicking?  Even in WoW they call this NOOB.  Try using hotkeys.  Change 'A' & 'D' to strafe left and strafe right.  Use the mouse to turn the character or camera.  Then the first hotkeys you can use are Q & E.  And in most P2P games you can use Shift + E and Shift + Q.  That's 4 spells right there, for two keys.  

Once you start playing this way, you will never go back.

I do play with hotkeys. What I was talking about was the tab-targeting combat which someone else immediately understood what I was trying to say.

I find it boring and silly nowadays.

Edit: playing nice

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

yeah tab targeting combat must go away forever it sucks in essence, i can tell dragon nest best feature its to have no tab targeting carebear system, i hope both SW-KOTOR and GW2 dont have it , well at least all gameplay available from GW2 and its developers tells theres no tab targeting crap aged system, i hope it will like that.

Anyway with those AAA's mmos coming i think both WoW , Aion, AoC, Lotro and more crappy old xit mmos will go deep down