Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the announcement you've been waiting for

I was checking my mail, seen "the Old Republic Comunity" then looked at description, "the Announcement you've been waiting for".  I was thinking, hmm what else could it be but BETA, WOOT!  Nope, release date.  How could it be no beta, ahh well, I only been waiting for beta for 2 years.  Its all good, It was just as good finding out the release date with everyone else.

Any one else get spoofed?

Comments

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I had the same reaction. I am glad to have a release date though.

• aikatearsaikatears Member UncommonPosts: 33

oh shoot thought I would be fast enough...can someone mege my thread here since it was up first?

• IronArrowIronArrow Member Posts: 12

Glad for release date

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Having been in the Beta was fun, but I am really glad for the release date. When the NDA drops, you will see a lot more from those of us who were in the beta. 

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Got the same e-mail, I hope the shipping of copies is put out well ahead of time to beat the Xmas rush that time of year.

• shozikushoziku Member UncommonPosts: 95

I'm surprised MMORPG missed the boat here.  It's like they're still asleep.  Do they even watch for this game?

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by shoziku

I'm surprised MMORPG missed the boat here.  It's like they're still asleep.  Do they even watch for this game?

Well, you know, apart from the official news story, which was posted two hours before your post: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/news/read/22007/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Launch-Date-Announced-at-Eurogamer-Expo.html

And then the "Story of the Week" post about it which was posted an hour and a half before your post: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/news/read/22010/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Story-of-the-Week-TOR-Launch-and-F2P-DCUO.html

And let's not forget the "Release Day!" thread that they closed the ten million copycat threads in favour of, posted two and a half hours before your post: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/327661/Release-Day.html

So what exactly did MMORPG miss the boat on?

• WilliacWilliac Member Posts: 212

You guys would rather have a beta date than the release date?

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Sorry I'm not going to be one of the lemmings and chase this game. I ask endlessly about crafting and get the ..."we could tell you how great it is but we have the NDA".. MY wallet isn't leaving my pocket ...if ever till I know a LOT more about this game.The WOW like graphics are a major negative ..for me. The Same sex marriage threat is a negative I will not accept. 24/7 faction conflict is a big positive. I hope I can share the starry eyed enthusiasm of some,but

NET NET  i'm not sold.....yet.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

The Same sex marriage threat is a negative I will not accept. 

Seriously!?  You're upset because people will have this choice in a video game, just as they do in reality!?    Its not very hard to look the other way and let people do what they prefer and don't mind them.  It doesn't effect you!

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Well its about time.  Hope they stick too it.  Its great they have a release date though.  12-20-11.   Just in time for Christmas.  Thats a good date as far as the holiday season goes. 

"With the release date revealed, pre-order quantities will go fast. If you haven't already, make sure to pre-order* now and secure your Early Game Access and exclusive in-game bonus item"

Oh those preorder quantities are going to go fast!  And if I dont preorder I might miss early access and the in game bonus item!!!!!   OH NO! 

Oh wait!  Hahaha....whoo!  I just remembered I dont care.  Thank the Lordy!  

• DinidainDinidain Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by Williac

You guys would rather have a beta date than the release date?

Nope.

But like the original poster I sure would have been happier to see the beta INVITE I've been waiting for.

And, like the original poster, from it's subject line I also thought that little piece of digital communication in my inbox this morning was that very same INVITE.

That's the real announcement I've been waiting for.

But hey yeah, finally having a release date is cool too I suppose.

Anyone and everyone can feel free to disagree with any or all of my opinions and observations whenever I rarely post them; it doesn't bother me one bit. Just know that I'll likely never respond to YOUR disagreement or personal attack, because I know better than to argue with idiots, especially upon internet Forums. See what I did there? -- Dinidain

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Having been around the block a few times when it comes to MMO's, all I can say is that was not the announcement I was waiting for (yes I got the email too).

What I was waiting for was: "Sign up now for a free trial before you buy!"

that's the only way I'll even consider buying an mmo these days ;)

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

It was good to see it. I don't bank on many news items BW/EA puts out. something unforseen could creep up like the end of the world or something. but looks good so far. now onto the emo's who will cut themsleves if they don't get beta invites.

• DrastDrast Member UncommonPosts: 149

Originally posted by randomt

Having been around the block a few times when it comes to MMO's, all I can say is that was not the announcement I was waiting for (yes I got the email too).

You will be waiting a long time then.

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Originally posted by randomt

LOL.  I hope more people feel the same way.  That way there might actually be room to move around in the starting areas on launch day.

Enjoy missing the boat!

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

That email got deleted after just glancing at the header of the image.  I stopped waiting for that announcement a long time ago, a few weeks before a lot of these game review sites started talking about Bioware's hype turning against itself.

• Kuza340Kuza340 Member Posts: 3

lol me and wife made bets on release dates she won i lost :P. So she took 100 bucks from me . She said on the 20 i said december 15 :O. Then she tells me i told you lol i said ok you win sigh....... Wife takes money from wallet wins :P

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    You'd think they'd release it a week or two earlier and not screw their employees over for the holidays. What a great way to reward your staff for launching the game...
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Draemos

You'd think they'd release it a week or two earlier and not screw their employees over for the holidays. What a great way to reward your staff for launching the game...

It's a service industry, they expect to work through the holidays. I know i did, I could put in for the time off but it was never guarunteed.

Wow.....yea.  I hadnt really thought about that.  Man is that going to suck.  I actually feel really sorry for them.  They'll probably have to work clear through Christmas.     : (

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Do you know how many people actually have to work over the holidays???  I wish they could have those days off as much as I wish the other people who work over the holiday's did but can't go any further than that.

Originally posted by raistlinm

Do you know how many people actually have to work over the holidays???  I wish they could have those days off as much as I wish the other people who work over the holiday's did but can't go any further than that.

Okay sure.  But generally when you work on the holidays, you have set hours and you go home.  They're launching an mmo 2 days before Christmas.  Thats going to be crazy for them.  If there's any kind of launch problem even in the middle of the night they're going to have to go rushing back to the offices to try and fix it.  Or just sleep there. 

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by raistlinm

Okay sure.  But generally when you work on the holidays, you have set hours and you go home.  They're launching an mmo 2 days before Christmas.  Thats going to be crazy for them.  If there's any kind of launch problem even in the middle of the night they're going to have to go rushing back to the offices to try and fix it.  Or just sleep there. 

Or have a rotating schedule of employees so that there is never anyone not there and probably make something like time and a half plus for being there I love gaming, love games but again I just can't think of them over the rest of the service industry employees who can and will be working over the holidays.  Some of whom aren't as well compensated as those who work in the gaming industry.

This discussion has been closed.