Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Day!

Comments

• gruntreapergruntreaper Member Posts: 29

13euro a month sub a month is a steal:D 65euro for 6 months is even better:D

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Roin

Originally posted by Blasphim

Makes me curious what there is going to be complaints about now.....

I was wondering that to.  It has no release date... it does now.  It doesn't have any pricing listed... it does now. I pretty much expected it to be 14.99 a month anyway.  Never understood why people kept bringing up pricing.  TOR has gone out of its way to not rock any boats so to speak.  So I highly doubted they would change the normal pricing model for P2P MMO's.

It will be the "it's not ready yet" chorus of disapproval that will be next on the billing. Those guys get booked for every major MMO release.

Hehe, I think you are totally right.

Some of it might be legitimate concerns though. As little birds have informed me that there's still loads of polishing to do. But then again, those little birds hadn't been playing the latest build and there's still a few months left.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Roin

I was wondering that to.  It has no release date... it does now.  It doesn't have any pricing listed... it does now. I pretty much expected it to be 14.99 a month anyway.  Never understood why people kept bringing up pricing.  TOR has gone out of its way to not rock any boats so to speak.  So I highly doubted they would change the normal pricing model for P2P MMO's.

It will be the "it's not ready yet" chorus of disavproval that will be next on the billing. Those guys get booked for every major MMO release.

LOL damn it was quick, so far it's the 5 days before christmas (although the cancelling christams line was amusing) aaaannnndddd, yep, where's my beta invite.../sigh

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

omg i hope this game doesn't suck, im not pre ordering some trash themepark MMO unless  there will be a legitimate beta

I am really hoping this was your attempt at sarcasm, ToR is the first MMO in a long long long time to have beta testing that wes actually for testing not marketing purposes, its been ongoing for over a year already.

Or did you mean a free trial like many MMOs dress up as "testing".

• FatherAnolevFatherAnolev Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by Timukas

I guess that new complaint is Christmas time. There might have some problems but all in all I'm glad that they did not push it into next year.

Not sure how people would think Christmas timing for launch is a bad thing...

I for one am very excited that I can get some serious play time in during my holiday break!  Just about everybody gets a little bit of time off around Christmas, and now we have an even  better use for that time...!!

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Just received my email there :)

• DAHBOODAHBOO Member UncommonPosts: 137

I could of told all of you that the game would not be out til swg was done on dec 15th , then a day or 2 after the early access starts....all that was planed long ago i bet.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by DarkPony

Hehe, I think you are totally right.

Some of it might be legitimate concerns though. As little birds have informed me that there's still loads of polishing to do. But then again, those little birds hadn't been playing the latest build and there's still a few months left.

Yeah I've heard those little birdies chirping aswell.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Originally posted by cinos

This is a joke right?

Bioware is going to open the floodgates to one of the most anticipated MMO's in the last decade on December 20th...5 days before Christmas. Are they absolutely insane?

Either they are going to be running a skeleton crew during launch or Bioware/EA has cancelled christmas. :p

Its a service industry job, so christmas is just another day I would imagine for the people supporting ToRs launch they wont get christmas day off.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Originally posted by Kothoses

omg i hope this game doesn't suck, im not pre ordering some trash themepark MMO unless  there will be a legitimate beta

I am really hoping this was your attempt at sarcasm, ToR is the first MMO in a long long long time to have beta testing that wes actually for testing not marketing purposes, its been ongoing for over a year already.

Or did you mean a free trial like many MMOs dress up as "testing".

I mean an open beta test like MMO's used to have

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by JPTX

I guess that new complaint is Christmas time. There might have some problems but all in all I'm glad that they did not push it into next year.

I for one am very excited that I can get some serious play time in during my holiday break!  Just about everybody gets a little bit of time off around Christmas, and now we have an even  better use for that time...!!

Some people don't live close to family and use that 'break' off from whatever around x-mas to visit them. I think that's a really good use for that time, but, if you think it's better to skip that and stay in a game, so be it.

Yes, i know it's hard to believe, but we do come out of our caves to do such things now and again. So some people will be torn that the game will be available to play but instead have to do real life stuff like that.

Having said that, YAY at least it's out! Congrats Star Wars Fans! I know you'll love it.

EDIT: and its rated T for Teen i think, so i think Santa better get his hands on ALOT of them to fill those stockings.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Yay! Now we know when. Now to get a copy delivered to the red zone...

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

regarding beta

http://www.theoldrepublicordie.com/2011/09/19/swtor-gamefest-chat-with-chris-collins-pretty-much-everyone-who-wants-to-test-will-have-tested-by-the-time-the-game-comes-out/

“Pretty much everyone who wants to be in testing will have tested by the time the game comes out.”

I had asked him how long Beta weekends will be going on for and he said right up until launch, and then said the above quote.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Omg .. this is sooo gonna cause trouble in my household ... I'll be playing this whilst the Turkey is being carved ... I'm not going to be popular on Xmas Day when I'm playing this insted of doing all the old boring Xmas crap !  ... Uless of course they shut down the servers on Xmas day ? lool

• FatherAnolevFatherAnolev Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by Toxia

Originally posted by JPTX

Some people don't live close to family and use that 'break' off from whatever around x-mas to visit them. I think that's a really good use for that time, but, if you think it's better to skip that and stay in a game, so be it.

Yes, i know it's hard to believe, but we do come out of our caves to do such things now and again. So some people will be torn that the game will be available to play but instead have to do real life stuff like that.

Having said that, YAY at least it's out! Congrats Star Wars Fans! I know you'll love it.

EDIT: and its rated T for Teen i think, so i think Santa better get his hands on ALOT of them to fill those stockings.

Sentiment noted and conceded.

Sarcastic tone unnecessary.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Sooo anyone got any ideas when early access might begin ?

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by summitus

Omg .. this is sooo gonna cause trouble in my household ... I'll be playing this whilst the Turkey is being carved ... I'm not going to be popular on Xmas Day when I'm playing this insted of doing all the old boring Xmas crap !  ... Uless of course they shut down the servers on Xmas day ? lool

Lets be honest here, this is the most hyped MMO release we've ever had. I mean c'mon, 'Star Wars made by Bioware'.

You really think the servers will be up on 'Day 1 / Week 1'? image

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by summitus

Sooo anyone got any ideas when early access might begin ?

Probably 2 or 3 days before the 20th, although some people seem to have it in their heads that it will be a week of early access.

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

been a long time.

• gruntreapergruntreaper Member Posts: 29

I wonder now if were see actiblizzard release 4.3 near or on that date

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

I just realized that I'll be visiting my family for the holidays on December 20th. :( I'm really sad. Stupid family...

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Xondar123

I just realized that I'll be visiting my family for the holidays on December 20th. :( I'm really sad. Stupid family...

If you pre-order, you'll get headstart. :P

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

So don't pre-order it. It'll still be there to buy after release.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by jpnz

Originally posted by Xondar123

If you pre-order, you'll get headstart. :P

My family lives in another city and I see them twice a year. Since I finish school on the 5th I'll be expected to go there soon after. :(

I'll bet anything that my brothers will get the game and play it in front of me too. :(