Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TotalBiscuit at Eurogamer Expo (More GW2 footage)

Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Well I was certainly surprised this but here's some footage of Total Biscuit playing Guild Wars 2, at the Eurogamer Expo (not far from where I live). It's the same old high level stuff we've seen before, but it's TB, so even the little things can seem entertaining. I wished he zoomed out though.

All the footage comes in both 720p and 1080p... enjoy.

- Necromancer PvE Part 1

- Necromancer PvE Part 2

- Thief PvP

- Elementalist PvP

- Guardian PvE Part 1 (Now with 50% more Colin)

- Guardian PvE Part 2

- Developer Talk Part 1

- Developer Talk Part 2

Well I guess that's probably it for the TotalBiscuits GW2 coverage, from the Eurogamer Expo. Lots of fun conmentary and it was funny to see him going from a Thief fan to an Elementalist fan, over the course of 2 vids. Also it was nice to hear Colin guide TB through all the major features of the game, in the final vids. Herp Derp shall be immortalized in that vid now. ^_^

Comments

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Thanks for posting. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Thanks, but I'll wait for part 2 to come up aswell. I like watching it like that^^

scribble scribble scribble

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

TB just tweeted that he'll be uploading a ton of GW2 footage:

"Metric ton of GW2 recorded, lots of PvP with thief and elementalist. High level guardian PvE" (source)

"Oh yeah, and underwater combat and weapons " (source)

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by Master10K

TB just tweeted that he'll be uploading a ton of GW2 footage:

"Metric ton of GW2 recorded, lots of PvP with thief and elementalist. High level guardian PvE" (source)

"Oh yeah, and underwater combat and weapons " (source)

Oooooh I'm psyched :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Whatever happened to the cynical part of the cynical brit?

He is practically cheering out loud how much he loves everything about the game, even calling it the first Next Gen MMO.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

He is practically cheering out loud how much he loves everything about the game, even calling it the first Next Gen MMO.

I was wondering the same thing.  

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

looks good. thanks!

Originally posted by MMOtoGO

I was wondering the same thing.  

You might have to watch his vids to genuinely bad games, in order to discover why he's called the Cynical Brit. Good thing GW2 gives him no reason to be cynical. ^_^

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

He seems to be lacking in the cynicism department, It must have to do with the fact that he is getting much attention from game companies...

Although I agree with the fact that GW2 looks like the first Next Gen MMO, so that might be it. image

• Unknown23Unknown23 Member Posts: 47

well that looked incredibly dull.

Originally posted by Unknown23

Hahaha, you're really funny...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Being cynical doesn't mean you're cynical about EVERYTHING.  If you had a friend that tended to be happy, to the point you called them a "happy person" would you expect them therefore to be happy about everything?  I've been watching TB for years.  He's still plenty cynical.  Apparently he happens to like what he sees in GW2.  I don't see how that makes him any less the "cynicalbrit" than he's always been.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by just1opinion

Being cynical doesn't mean you're cynical about EVERYTHING.  If you had a friend that tended to be happy, to the point you called them a "happy person" would you expect them therefore to be happy about everything?  I've been watching TB for years.  He's still plenty cynical.  Apparently he happens to like what he sees in GW2.  I don't see how that makes him any less the "cynicalbrit" than he's always been.

I was making a joke...

It only points out how good this game might be....

• TotalbiscuitTotalbiscuit Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Kuppa

He seems to be lacking in the cynicism department, It must have to do with the fact that he is getting much attention from game companies...

Although I agree with the fact that GW2 looks like the first Next Gen MMO, so that might be it. image

I think the problem is that folks think "cynical" means "like Yahtzee". Yahtzee is paid to hate everything, he's not much of a game critic, more of a comedian. I get excited about GW2 because it's actually a good game. You don't get to be a dick about everything and still be called a reviewer or whatever, you should be positive about positive things otherwise you're simply being insincere.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,171

Well, in his defense, this was very low level gameplay (see edit), and the character was really doing the same stuff over and over again... not much to break it up.  At best you saw him kite a little bit...

Props on the scenery though,  and at this low level it looks pretty polished for the most part.  Some people complained bout the UI on the video comments,  but I didn't mind it at all.

::edit:: hmm says this is high level...   well, even still,  a lot of it was repetitive,  but playing it is always more fun than watching it.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by maskedweasel

Well, in his defense, this was very low level gameplay (see edit), and the character was really doing the same stuff over and over again... not much to break it up.  At best you saw him kite a little bit...

Props on the scenery though,  and at this low level it looks pretty polished for the most part.  Some people complained bout the UI on the video comments,  but I didn't mind it at all.

::edit:: hmm says this is high level...   well, even still,  a lot of it was repetitive,  but playing it is always more fun than watching it.

Well relatively high level. Still, watching others play video games is pretty darn dull. What separates TB's videos from most of the other videos is his commentary.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

I rather agree with you, it looked pretty MMO standard to me. I don't see much yet from this video or other videos of gameplay that reallymake it all that revolutionary or extraoirdinary. Maybe being able to physically play it in beta or something will change my perspective on it.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I think TB just wasn't familiar with the skills. It's hard to use them in a proper manner when you've not developed the (high-level) character yourself. 

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• 1carcarah11carcarah1 Member Posts: 172

He still didnt showed the video were he played an elite event

Originally posted by Ryukan

I rather agree with you, it looked pretty MMO standard to me. I don't see much yet from this video or other videos of gameplay that reallymake it all that revolutionary or extraoirdinary. Maybe being able to physically play it in beta or something will change my perspective on it.

Then how about this moment in this particular video.

In any other MMORPG I've seen or played, a squishy rogue-like character have gotten chewed out by taking on more mobs than they can handle, yet GW2 allows a skilled player to handle such situations by avoiding damage completely. Personally I call such a possibility revolutionary, amongst the current batch tab-target MMOROGs.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I agree.  If someone were cynical about EVERYTHING, then their opinion would be meaningless.  You would never need to read any of their reviews because you would know off the bat they would be negative.

However, when someone is cynical about most things but positive about a few rare things they feel are genuinely good, then their cynicism actually makes their positive reviews more impactful.  They basically just have high standards, and their audience knows that when they are positive about something, then they must think it's REALLY good.

It's kind of like Simon Cowell on American Idol (X-Factor now I think?).  If he were negative about EVERYONE, no one would really care.  People would see that he really has no opinion and is basically just being an ass.  However, the fact that he is negative about most people makes it more impactful when he actually likes a singer.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

-edited .

should have read the whole thread. :P

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,171

In any other MMORPG I've seen or played, a squishy rogue-like character have gotten chewed out by taking on more mobs than they can handle, yet GW2 allows a skilled player to handle such situations by avoiding damage completely. Personally I call such a possibility revolutionary, amongst the current batch tab-target MMOROGs.

Honestly?  The entire first part of that video is a form of herding,  He basically grouped up the mob he was fighting and then kept at range while taking them down with AOE.   You can do this in a lot of MMORPGs, even with Tab Targeting.  Not something you can do easily in current gen MMOs that don't allow attacking while moving, but GW2 isn't the only game in town that has that capability.

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

No, I wouldn't call it revolutionary since there are a few MMOs that allow a rogue-like character to handle a mass of  mobs. It might to be revolutionary to someone who isn't aware of those other examples though.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by Creslin321

I agree.  If someone were cynical about EVERYTHING, then their opinion would be meaningless.  You would never need to read any of their reviews because you would know off the bat they would be negative.

However, when someone is cynical about most things but positive about a few rare things they feel are genuinely good, then their cynicism actually makes their positive reviews more impactful.  They basically just have high standards, and their audience knows that when they are positive about something, then they must think it's REALLY good.

It's kind of like Simon Cowell on American Idol (X-Factor now I think?).  If he were negative about EVERYONE, no one would really care.  People would see that he really has no opinion and is basically just being an ass.  However, the fact that he is negative about most people makes it more impactful when he actually likes a singer.

Being cynical doesn't excuse being an ass.  They do not go hand in hand.  That's the difference between being rude and giving constructive criticism.