Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

League of Legends: Dominion Enters Beta Testing

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Riot Games has announced that the upcoming Dominion expansion is being made available to League of Legends players on a limited basis.

For instance, the Dominion feature was made available for approximately two hours yesterday. According to the dev team "hundreds of thousands" of Summoners took part.

The team plans to continue the limited availability of Dominion and suggest that players keep their eyes on the site for more information about the next play test.

Read more on the League of Legends site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212

Tried it, Sucks.

They should add new maps for 3x3 / 5x5 cause 1 map gets boring^^

But ya this mode really blows.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by mewhywhy

Tried it, Sucks.

Why exactly did you not like it? I've been wanting to try it out myself.

• gorillaz951gorillaz951 Member Posts: 160

Tried it, Sucks.

Kthxbai.

Currently playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends

Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Tera, Kingdoms of Amular, Firefall

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222

its rather unfun.  The map is small and built in a circle..i believe 5 captures. You can see everyone on the map. The center has buffs. no capture in center.  You auto lvl to 3 at begining and have over 1300g to spend.  The recommended layout has changed for all the champs.  you lvl to 18 rather quickly.  melee champs have the big advantage it seems.

• HejietHejiet Member Posts: 49

Geez, you guys are all idiots.

The title even says: "Dominion ENTERS BETA TESTING"

So what does that mean? They are making us trying it out and fix what is wrong with it. Yes, I'd say that melee champs are pretty good, but I just saw a Ryze owning everyone just 2 minutes ago, so what does that tell you?

It's a refreshing new game style, fast and furious. It's made so that games last 20 minutes maximum.  I personally think it's awesome.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

An amazing mode to an already amazing game. Played about 5 games with some buddies tonight and it was super fun and very actiony. Some annoyances like ninja capping but they will get figured out eventually. All in all, extremely surprised. I thought it would not be as good cause I'm a somewhat competitive player and thought Dominion would be like a casual mode but turns out I'll be playing it.

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

Tried it, Sucks.

That sucks. I mean I would totally be playing the game more.. but come on.. only 2 maps? They make it sound like it's such a tuff thing to put together, when the 2 sides are just mirror images of each other.

• Boring game is boring. Copied DOTA and has hasn't released anything new till they just copied WoW's Arathi Basin years after their initial release. The game just needs to be released with a map editor already so people can actually make entertaining games with the engine.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I've played Dominion and it's a blast.  I guess haters will be haters.

• hazard12hazard12 Member Posts: 1

Jesus, haters gonna hate, i personally thinks its really refreshing and a nice new thing to do when playing regular LoL gets boring, its actually really fun to relearn how to play all the champs looking at the new ways you can use ur skills to win this type of gameplay, sure some champs are OP as it should be when u balance champs for a diferent gameplay, But honestly the idea is brilliant and VERY fun, idk bout u, maybe u guys dont even play LoL at all, but for a LoL player (since beta) its a really fun game.

• KanoRainKanoRain Member Posts: 94

Most of the people I saw complaining, probably suck at 5v5 as well.

Originally posted by Deleted User

So much of the game is centered around forced grouping that soloing is not an option, major design flaw in my opinion.

^
    ^lol

• wardoxywardoxy Member UncommonPosts: 81

Why do people make an enemy even where there is none? Guess they need to have an enemy so their lives have a meaning somehow... It's not about haters gonna hate, it's about fun and quality, it's about how heroes fit the map and the map fits the heroes skills, sure people may like the actiony game, but after you try it with most heroes, you'll get to the same conclusion, it was badly designed, it ends up being lame and maybe you'll eventually say "It sucks" , they changed the pace of the game but left heroes cooldowns the same, what does that mean? Well Lets see Alistar use his charge/throw combo skills once per respawn.. and ult... once per 4/5 respawns, while you see an akali with awesome cooldowns, just keeps ulting and killing and stealth and even if you buy an oracle it only lasts 5 minutes and you'll probably won't even use it because you'll die so fast... and akali respawns again and again should you kill her ... and 250g for an item that you'll use to kill another champ is not worth the cost... now everything said, it is true the game is beta, and it is true they can fix / change many of things on the game mode...BUT... after tournaments with streamed content and people playing the game it kinda shocks me to see the game mode in this fail state... I mean, did nobody say anything while playing dominion earlier? Was everyone happy? Something is not right in here...

• XzitoXzito Member Posts: 43

i have to say i quite enjoyed the fast actoin Melee champs with tanky dps build seem to be dominating but sometimes i asee a kick ass AP

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

LOVED Dominion, the focus on champion battles at nodes rather than creeping and team fights is quite cool. Not sayin the original is bad, just that Dominion is a step in the right direction and here is hoping for more like it in the future.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• djvapiddjvapid Member Posts: 80

The only complaint I have for this map isn't about the map itself, but what it does:  it creates an enviroment where previous unblanaced ability combinations become retardedly overpowered.  (In the 5v5 map, a team of melee/tanky champs can still potentially be beaten, for example.) 

In this game, with the gold rush and the quick handful of levels to start with allow melee/tanky champs that normally have to work hard to get such things, are instead handed them on a silver platter. 

With that said, it also makes certain summoner abilities worthless and others a bit unbalanced.  Imagine how difficult a game would be for you if the opposing team was all tanks/melee dps.  Now imagine if every last one of them had a healing summoner ability.   In such a small map size where everyone can see everyone (with the exception of stealth champions) you've got yourself team unstoppable.  Win button.

Now, I'm not a hater: I'm actually very specific on the reasons why I dislike the map.  However, with all that said, I recognize that it's only in beta and hopefully they can take a look at this sort of stuff and keep it under consideration.

However, with that said as well, is it worth the effort to start tweaking and dissolving what works in the main part of the game, thus, potentially making something inert in the main game that was once probably useful in exchange for a "new map" like this? 

I understand Riot's need to do something fresh and new for the benefit of us, the player.  But is it worth it? 

I foresee this becoming a World of Warcraft "Arena" in this sense:  The arena was the worst mistake Blizzard made with the game (and they have admitted to this openly) because it created an enviroment where previously functioning abilities became overpowered or underpowered, forcing them to expend a LOT of resources trying to fine tune it so it worked for everyone.  (Even creating different consenquences for the use of a power depending on whether or not a player was actually in said arena.)

All in all, it was a hot mess.  My concern is that, with the institution of a map like this where ganking is impossible and with such a small size, it's going to create an enviroment much like the one I used as an example that has a LOT of champions rendered worthless and a select handful of champions OP and pretty much the only ones you see used.

You be the judge, don't listen to me.  What do you think?