Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Star Wars: The Old Trek

Comments

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441

Funny article. Nicely done.

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126

Funny article, funnier comments. C3PO a Homosexual? He's an android and he has no johnson, aren't those quite big drawbacks?

{mod edit}

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Originally posted by R3born

Why the deuce is a virtual relationship needed in the first place?

Is the entire gaming community that deprived of real life interaction?

Why not take a note from the Japanese and provide an option to marry virtual characters...in reality.

Missed the plot.

well said, I think we should all get married in RL and let games be... ummm... Games!

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

Originally posted by Nomis278

Funny article, funnier comments. C3PO a Homosexual? He's an android and he has no johnson, aren't those quite big drawbacks?

{mod edit}

ROFL

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• painbreakerpainbreaker Member Posts: 88

'We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason, most of the players are... well, idiots!'

You will find the quote.

No need to write more...

When the war of the beasts brings about the world’s end,
    the goddess descends from the sky, wings of light and dark spread afar.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Shizz ! This thread has been twisted into a pretzal . Everything has been taken to quite insane levels and the worst thing is that people are so serious about their views.

Chamber of Chains
  • LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Here. Let me define a word for you that all the sanctimonious drama queens in this thread clearly have no concept of:

op·tion·al

   [op-shuh-nl] image Show IPA

adjective

left to one's choice; not required or mandatory: Formal dress is optional.

leaving something to choice.

Romance in SWTOR, whether gay or straight, is entirely optional. Players can ignore the [Flirt] options if they want and never even give it a thought. Also, just like in Mass Effect, any romantic interactions happen solely via cutscene that no one else will ever care about or see. 

It's all a bunch of pointless drama for no goddamn reason. No one's going to see your toon mack on anyone except you. If you don't want it, don't choose the romance interactions. Simple as that.

• ChloroCatChloroCat Member Posts: 98

MANY MANY HA-AHAA. Awsome read. There is so much I wanna say about this funny piece. So..people are making a big deal about being able to stick there <lightsaber> into ANY hole huh. Are you serious ? So this is the future of the MMO world. Before graphics..before playablility...before how many classes are there..before what races will be avalible. HEY CAN I F$#$K THE SAME SEX ??? Welcome to SW:TOR or as I will refer to it...STAR WARS <lisp> THE OVER the  RAINBOW

But really I hope it's a good game and I may play it...not like <that> but you know. Actually play it to see how the game is..No NO NOO you know to see the worlds...Ok maybe I'll take a raincheck Bioware.

Jymm Byuu
    Playing : Blood Bowl. Waiting for 2. Holding breath for Archeage and EQN.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

At a first glance you'd think so. But why can't there be pure platonic bro-love between man and machine?

C3PO's bleeps can be deep and full of passion for those who care to listen. There's frequencies that would even make a wookie shiver.

• gryphon93gryphon93 Member Posts: 68

Diversion tactic. Keep the idiot gamer focused on minutiae so they won't notice how awful the game is.

• lol great article.  that really helped me let of some steam by laughing.  :)  But seriously, devs spending time on a mmo "romantic companion".  That's a serious turnoff to the game for me.  Just such a waste of dev resources imo.

But, the game's not made just for me, so I'll shut my f***In' retarded mouth!  :P

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Also because romance is one of the strongest driving forces in any story, especially epics like Star Wars stories. Its omission would be awkward, to say the least.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by Saerain

Also because romance is one of the strongest driving forces in any story, especially epics like Star Wars stories. Its omission would be awkward, to say the least.

Thank you. This isn't about marrying a digital partner like someone mentioned a couple of pages back.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by zaxxon23

l  But seriously, devs spending time on a mmo "romantic companion".  That's a serious turnoff to the game for me.  Just such a waste of dev resources imo.

But, the game's not made just for me, so I'll shut my f***In' retarded mouth!  :P

well think of it this way, anything could be considered a waste of resources when looked at from an opposing demographic. But the more that is put into a game the greater the scope, the greater the depth. Especially if it can be pulled off.

Anything that brings players to a game and keeps them in a game is only going to be good for the player base.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by DarkPony

At a first glance you'd think so. But why can't there be pure platonic bro-love between man and machine?

C3PO's bleeps can be deep and full of passion for those who care to listen. There's frequencies that would even make a wookie shiver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Guy love !!!!!!!!!

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

Originally posted by Quicksand

I thought for sure that was going to bring me here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGSVYgcy24Q

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon

Originally posted by Saerain

I thought for sure that was going to bring me here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGSVYgcy24Q

Hehe both funny stuff. Which reminds me of Fisto, the sex robot from Fallout New Vegas.

"Assume the position"

Never laughed so hard in a single player game.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I'll add my personal #4. The "OMGWTF Gear grind treadmill carrot on a stick hamster wheel raid or die" crowd. These folks are annoying. They burned themselves out on previous mmo features, so when they see the same or similar features in TOR, its immediately an awful game. God forbid they themselves actually try to do something different in a game, no. For some reason, they are forever slaves to whatever game features they hate the most. For once, try focusing on playing the stuff they like. And if there's nothing to like, they can refer to your second point.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

Guy love !!!!!!!!!

This was the video you were looking for.http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/109006

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Wait a sec, i will start sith warrior and my  associate Vette can jump on me when ever she wants. But what with poor Jedi!!!??  T7-01!!!  Cmon please! Now i know how i make fun from Jedi robo abusers. And sorry but all male associates are some kind of monsters, so enjoy:)

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Abdar

Wow, your amazing bud. I mean it must be really hard to take a sh1t on a game that hasn't come out yet. For the record, you could have been talking about GW2, Tera, Secret World .. whatever.

Point is, do you (and mmorpg.com) actually think this provides any value to anyone at all?

Dude. READ THE ARTICLE.

Originally posted by palulalula

Wait a sec, i will start sith warrior and my  associate Vette can jump on me when ever she wants. But what with poor Jedi!!!??  T7-01!!!  Cmon please! Now i know how i make fun from Jedi robo abusers. And sorry all male associates are some kind of monsters, so enjoy:)

Well that's just their FIRST companion from a long list. You'll just have to be patient for a bit if you don't like platonic robro-love :) Also strong emotions tempt the dark side. Perhaps Jedi's would be best off not to engage in relationships at all?

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by causs
    Dude. READ THE ARTICLE.
    Dude. Read more replies. This guy's post has been quoted like 8 times now. All of them saying the same thing. But Im sure your latest redundant addition is the unique little snowflake we've all been waiting for :)
  • RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Great article! Hilariously true as well. Ah Star Wars Fanbois. They will remain to be a source of entertainment for some time to come!

Its funny if you actually try to read the SWTOR forums. Its either posts of blinding fanboism or posts of total stupidity.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by causs

Dude. READ THE ARTICLE.

Dude. Read more replies. This guy's post has been quoted like 8 times now. All of them saying the same thing. But Im sure your latest redundant addition is the unique little snowflake we've all been waiting for :)

Actually, you just did the same! 9 and counting.