Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Star Wars: The Old Trek

Comments

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• armoredisamuarmoredisamu Member Posts: 10

Hilarious. Just hilarious. And oh so true. Haters gonna hate, whether or not you give them the option to hump their same-sex companions.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

OMG do not start arguing these points again!

PLEASE!

Read the article and laugh, laugh at yourselves for trying to bring up and argue this crap AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

• SavageSageSavageSage Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by Dvalon

They should never have caved over the gays for god sake it's a game and the star wars universe where there are no gays in the lore they will breakback mountain the damn thing

UMMM..... C-3PO anybody?  He could not have been more flamimng if you covered him in napalm.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Great column once again.

The zealously "entitled" are bugging me very much too in our neck of the interwebs woods.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by BadSpock

MMORPG.com should make everyone who wishes to post in the Pub or any TOR related-thread have to read this article first and then take a quiz.

For serious. Totally super serial.

EXCELSIOR!

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

This amused me. It was a good read. Thank you.

In before someone blames ToR same-sex digital realtionships on Obama.

• VamperoVampero Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by ThalosVipav

"Not all games are meant to suit you. If you don't want to deal with all of the dialogue and storytelling in a game designed for dialogue and storytelling, don't play it, you f**king moron."

^this, exactly.

I love it !!!! Great reply !!!!

• BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262

Originally posted by Xexv

ROLF.

Good read.

Also Bane, you're not gonna play because they're patching in same sex content? Kinda ironic from a bloke posting from Camp Hill, you have to admit.

Most people from Camp Hill, hell the general Harrisburg area are pretty conservative by and large. It's always been pretty old fashioned. I didn't say I wasn't going to play. I am going to play, only because I made a promise to my guildmates, but, that whole same sex content issue just took all the wind out of my sails for the game. I just don't enjoy that sort of stuff and steer away from it because of that. 

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• VoxTrooperVoxTrooper Member Posts: 87

Oddly enough those are reasons the friends that are sporting mass boners for this game will hate it on launch as it broke their dreams and stomped on their hearts. On top of a dozen other reasons.

It is best for the industry the MMO throne remains an dusty empty seat never to be filled.

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by Banegrivm

ROLF.

Good read.

Also Bane, you're not gonna play because they're patching in same sex content? Kinda ironic from a bloke posting from Camp Hill, you have to admit.

Most people from Camp Hill, hell the general Harrisburg area are pretty conservative by and large. It's always been pretty old fashioned. I didn't say I wasn't going to play. I am going to play, only because I made a promise to my guildmates, but, that whole same sex content issue just took all the wind out of my sails for the game. I just don't enjoy that sort of stuff and steer away from it because of that. 

I know mate, in fact I assumed that was the case >_> just pokin fun.

Anyway feel sorry for ya that it's damped your interest in the game, you'll prolly be fine once you're playing.

ROLF.

Good read.

I know mate, in fact I assumed that was the case >_> just pokin fun.

Anyway feel sorry for ya that it's damped your interest in the game, you'll prolly be fine once you're playing.

I really hope you're right. I would love nothing more than to enjoy the game, I really would. 

Banegrivm
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Great article I love the humor of it but it's unfortunately all too true for the most part. 

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Best thing I've read on this site in months.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Originally posted by ghost047

They should never have caved over the gays for god sake it's a game and the star wars universe where there are no gays in the lore they will breakback mountain the damn thing

Maybe you should go back and read about the lore before making a foul of yourself!

Bioware said that the game was to reflect the movies. There are no gays in any of the movies. I know people like to stretch and say Juhani was gay, because of same dialogue that was uniform regardless of the sex of your character but that is all debatable in my opinion. Secondarily, yes I know about the two Mandolorian characters, but that's really it, and that's a very very small portion of the Star Wars universe. It's nowhere near as prevalent as Bioware or the loud minority is making it out to be. 

And if you want to play your characters as straight, do so. This doesn't affect you AT ALL. Any NPC romancing will be done in private cut scenes for the player ONLY. But in a typical anti-gay argument...you don't like it so no one else can do it, even in private.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

*mimimi i am annoyed by the fanbase mimimi*

then don't fucking work for one of the biggest mmo pages ^^

problem solved, next.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Senadina

Originally posted by ghost047

Maybe you should go back and read about the lore before making a foul of yourself!

Bioware said that the game was to reflect the movies. There are no gays in any of the movies. I know people like to stretch and say Juhani was gay, because of same dialogue that was uniform regardless of the sex of your character but that is all debatable in my opinion. Secondarily, yes I know about the two Mandolorian characters, but that's really it, and that's a very very small portion of the Star Wars universe. It's nowhere near as prevalent as Bioware or the loud minority is making it out to be. 

And if you want to play your characters as straight, do so. This doesn't affect you AT ALL. Any NPC romancing will be done in private cut scenes for the player ONLY. But in a typical anti-gay argument...you don't like it so no one else can do it, even in private.

I think that people should be allowed to do whatever they want in private, absolutely anything at all, so long as what they are doing isn't hurtful to someone else or illegal of course. While yes what they are doing is private, I find it offensive that I have to look at a "flirt" button next to a portrait/character of a MAN. I know exactly what it implies and I don't need or want to see it. At that point, it's not a private issue. It's rather clear cut and to the point just what exactly it's suggesting.

Banegrivm
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I'm looking forward to the announcment of the first in-game marriage between a player and their companion. You know it's going to happen. SWTOR: That nerd finally found a world where women won't reject his advances!

Joined - July 2004

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

I really hope you're right. I would love nothing more than to enjoy the game, I really would. 

You're never going to see any of the same-sex-relationship stuff, unless you play your own character that way, so what's the big deal?

Originally posted by Naqaj

You're never going to see any of the same-sex-relationship stuff, unless you play your own character that way, so what's the big deal?

Everytime I see a flirt option next to the portrait of a man, I know exactly what that suggests and I find it offensive.

Banegrivm
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Originally posted by remyburke

I'm looking forward to the announcment of the first in-game marriage between a player and their companion. You know it's going to happen. SWTOR: That nerd finally found a world where women won't reject his advances!

Im waiting for something like this article to be made about TOR.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• BigGertyBigGerty Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by ThalosVipav

"Not all games are meant to suit you. If you don't want to deal with all of the dialogue and storytelling in a game designed for dialogue and storytelling, don't play it, you f**king moron."

^this, exactly.

Points to the largest issue with gamers in general.  A loud majority seem to think every game, no matter what, should fit their playsyle, hence: "I love action and FPS games...so all games should be action or FPS!  And if not...I'll complain incessantly and give them horrendous reviews!"

I love turn and strategy based RPG's...does that mean I should post my bias opions about games like Modern Warfare or Halo and say they suck, then give them horrendous reviews?  No...I just don't play them and generally ignore them...because they don't fit my playstyle.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Same sex marriage. blah. who cares. I can't wait for my bounty hunter to get it on with a jawa! Only problem is, just how the hell do you determine the sex of a jawa... image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Originally posted by Naqaj

Everytime I see a flirt option next to the portrait of a man, I know exactly what that suggests and I find it offensive.

Heh maybe you guys can start your own petition to get BW to ave an option to turn off same sex options, and then maybe we can have them add an ignore tab just so we can ignore anyone who had the option still on.......

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

Me, I just don't want to see/hear it. I'm well aware gays will be in the game but as long as I see no evil/hear no evil I'm fine. 

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server