Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Really excited about this game but...

2

Comments

  • SonofSethSonofSeth ZagrebPosts: 1,884Member

    Originally posted by tavoc

    Other than that thats no where near as close as what blizzard is doing here. and long term consiquences are there.. Think about it, how many already disturbed people will sit there, playing and playing because they think they can make a living off of d3.. no joke. Also its kinda a step backwords.. last few years alot of companies are fighting rmt, instead bliz.. the one company with the reasorces to actualy put up a real fight, embraced it and joined the other side just to turn quick profit. and to make it worse they made the game pay to win.. Which is a 2nd strike to many of the people here at mmorpg.com.. and alot of mmo players that still paly P2P games. Why? because no one woudl be happy about turning around and getting wtf rolled by some guy that put in minimal effort and paid cash for all their gear.. Its retarded.

    /rant off

    I see this a lot, but how exactly does one fight human nature? People would risk losing their characters and accounts for breaking EULA and they still did it, how much harsher can you get than banning an account?

    Unless they turn it into an FPS and remove all currency and item progression.

    I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying the only way to do it in this model is to change the game so much it's not the same thing anymore.

    image

  • stayBlindstayBlind Suwannee, GAPosts: 527Member

    Sure, I could grow tobacco and sell it, but do you really think I'd be able to compete with established companies such as Phillip Morris?

     

    Same with D3 AH.

    Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

  • stamps79stamps79 Bay Area, CAPosts: 233Member

    Originally posted by Rednecksith

    Yes, you have to spend money to list something on the RMAH. Yes, you can keep the money you make, but you need to pay a fee to have it transferred off your Blizzard account. Also, there is a 'traditional' auction house which uses in-game gold.

    Please take five minutes to read up on something before making a new post about it. All of this info has been posted and discussed to death.

    That being said, f*ck Blizzard for giving in to the gold farming industry.

    Blizzard has to keep the Gold Farmers happy, that's how they get there cut.  =(

    Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

    Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

    Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

    Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

  • crazynannycrazynanny PopowoPosts: 173Member

    I'm gonna ask it here - how do You effectively end up with RMT farmers in loot based hack and slash game without making every single valuable item bind on pick up? As basically as long as You allow in game trading You are allowing RMT. Since so many people here say it's just a few hours of brainstorming, I'd like to hear some ideas.

     

    Cause the way I see it Blizz didn't do it because they were greedy, but because in long term it costs loads of money to provide support(GMs to watch and ban, call center for "hacked" people that used RMT sites) and You get only one time box payment.  It's not an MMO with monthly payment or cash shop to provide profit that covers maintenance. Imo it was either provide RMAH(where You not only aren't paying but You can ear money) or monthly "sub" for using Bnet(here You are paying no matter what).

  • ZadawnZadawn SPosts: 651Member

    Originally posted by Kaneth

    Originally posted by hockeyplayr


    Originally posted by Beazt

    Yep, gonna skip D3 myself.

     

    Also Check out "Path of Exile", gonna be F2P, cash shop is gonna be strictly cosmetics.

    im in beta. it is definitely worth it

    I too am in beta, and yes D3 is worth it. The AH doesn't bother me, because I don't have to use it. It doesn't infiltrate in-game at all. You have to select it from the main menu screen. At the moment, only the gold AH is available for testing, it works and looks like a AH in a mmorpg, except you are browsing from a menu and not on your character.

    The RM AH isn't available for testing, and to be truthful, I probably won't even bother with it. I can see where the D3 AH could affect their esport arena in D3, but me purchasing or not purchasing items doesn't affect my PvE game at all. I also have a group of friends I will group with and won't group randomly with people.

    Ignoring the AH aspect is fairly easy

    there are people that don't have friends to play with.

    image
  • zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,211Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Zadawn

    Originally posted by Kaneth

    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

    Originally posted by Beazt

    Yep, gonna skip D3 myself.

     

    Also Check out "Path of Exile", gonna be F2P, cash shop is gonna be strictly cosmetics.

    im in beta. it is definitely worth it

    I too am in beta, and yes D3 is worth it. The AH doesn't bother me, because I don't have to use it. It doesn't infiltrate in-game at all. You have to select it from the main menu screen. At the moment, only the gold AH is available for testing, it works and looks like a AH in a mmorpg, except you are browsing from a menu and not on your character.

    The RM AH isn't available for testing, and to be truthful, I probably won't even bother with it. I can see where the D3 AH could affect their esport arena in D3, but me purchasing or not purchasing items doesn't affect my PvE game at all. I also have a group of friends I will group with and won't group randomly with people.

    Ignoring the AH aspect is fairly easy

    there are people that don't have friends to play with.

     Make some. It's not difficult.

    "Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

  • clankyaspclankyasp sydneyPosts: 213Member

    Who cares about people here boycoting , its going to outsell GuildWars2 and SWTOR easily. LOL

  • DvalonDvalon IrvinePosts: 314Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by clankyasp

    Who cares about people here boycoting , its going to outsell GuildWars2 and SWTOR easily. LOL

    It will do it by such a huge margin that the other two games wont even be in the same league as Diablo 3.

     

    Bottom line people, all you that whine about the RMAH, dont use it, no one is forcing you, there will not be unique items on it only availble to cash spenders, so your not missing out on anything, every item that appears on either AH has been found by players, so I really dont see what your problems are other than hatting for the sake of it.

     

    So some guy earns a few bucks from selling his epic drop who cares, another player could get the same item for free by finding out, or for some gold from the gold AH, its not like the cash payer is getting something you cant get for free, I am the most anti pay to win person you will ever find but I honestly do not consider this in the same category as some of you clearly do.

     

    Nothing in diablo is locked off to people who only pay with cash, its all there, it all has the same drop rates for all players, you all have the same chance to find stuff, and you wont be scammed , ripped off, or conned by gold or item sellers because its all handled in game by blizzard.

     

    And finally , Blizzard are taking a fixed rate per item, this fixed rate covers their banking admin charges, nothing more, so they will take the same amount from a blue as they will an epic, and probably a small amount at that, they stated a number of times that the fixed rate is and will be the bare minimum to cover admin fee's its not something they want to make money from, they just dont want to LOSE money on it. if they wanted to make money from it they would charge us a % of the sale, selling an item for 100 dollars would earn blizzard more money than selling an item for 10, but thats NOT what their doing.

     

     

  • RequiamerRequiamer ???Posts: 2,034Member

    Well i really dislike the whole idea behind the RMAH, so i'll have a wait stance about this game. At least a couple of month or more after launch.
     
    It will all depend on the drop rate, fun factor versus item dependency in this game and other stuff like that. If the game is coded in such a manner that you absolutely need to go through the RMAH to get any enjoyment, then i will just pass. For example in the beta vid i saw its clear the drop rate is high, but the guys play in easy mode, there is nothing even fun to play in that mode, you are always at full health. Ye high drop rate mean nothing here since you will probably not play more than few days in that mode. Honestly i'm not even sure gamers ever use that mode, i sure never did in any game.
     
    So it also depend a lot on how they split up the game between hardcore and the rest, as i assume only hardcore will really need RMAH (thats what happen in D2 at least), but assuming is not always right. You also want to know how is the hardcore mode split from the rest of the difficulty, if it is like in D2, hard coded then fine, but if they did this in an other "more subtle" manner it can cause a lot of trouble. So there are really to much questions to be answered, so i'll just wait to see how it work for real, and not only on paper. Somehow when it come to RMT, i know you just can't take what is told to you as given, thats simply not how it work.
     
    The game look great for sure. But i just have some very bad feeling about this for many reasons, i have seen how much game mechanisms can influence such features as RMAH, and game companies are now very greedy because they need to show some whooping number in their benefit, and make a good game is simply not enough for many of those companies anymore. So i'll just wait and see for now. And honestly all the game companies totally underestimated the power of a single script to fuck up their virtual little world, and coding is their plain time job, so really i'm a bit skeptical here to say the least about this kind of feature.

  • DvalonDvalon IrvinePosts: 314Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Requiamer

    Well i really dislike the whole idea behind the RMAH, so i'll have a wait stance about this game. At least a couple of month or more after launch.

     

    It will all depend on the drop rate, fun factor versus item dependency in this game and other stuff like that. If the game is coded in such a manner that you absolutely need to go through the RMAH to get any enjoyment, then i will just pass. For example in the beta vid i saw its clear the drop rate is high, but the guys play in easy mode, there is nothing even fun to play in that mode, you are always at full health. Ye high drop rate mean nothing here since you will probably not play more than few days in that mode. Honestly i'm not even sure gamers ever use that mode, i sure never did in any game.

     

    So it also depend a lot on how they split up the game between hardcore and the rest, as i assume only hardcore will really need RMAH (thats what happen in D2 at least), but assuming is not always right. You also want to know how is the hardcore mode split from the rest of the difficulty, if it is like in D2, hard coded then fine, but if they did this in an other "more subtle" manner it can cause a lot of trouble. So there are really to much questions to be answered, so i'll just wait to see how it work for real, and not only on paper. Somehow when it come to RMT, i know you just can't take what is told to you as given, thats simply not how it work.

     

    The game look great for sure. But i just have some very bad feeling about this for many reasons, i have seen how much game mechanisms can influence such features as RMAH, and game companies are now very greedy because they need to show some whooping number in their benefit, and make a good game is simply not enough for many of those companies anymore. So i'll just wait and see for now. And honestly all the game companies totally underestimated the power of a single script to fuck up their virtual little world, and coding is their plain time job, so really i'm a bit skeptical here to say the least about this kind of feature.

    Yeah your not listening are you..

    There is NOTHING forcing you to use the RMAH, the only difference between it and the gold auction house is the currency used, a player still has to drop an item, and then place it on the RMAH for some one else to buy, and since it costs money to post in the first place, and since the auction house's cover VAST regions like all of Europe nearly, then there will be no shortage of items on both Auction Houses.

     

    Hell I actually plan on buying stuff from the Gold Auction house and then selling it on the RMAH when I notice a profit can be made, and from the RMAH to sell on the gold AH where I see some one selling something at a low price.

     

    They are both the same only the currency changes.

  • kastakasta Mineola, TXPosts: 512Member

    There is nothing forcing me to buy this game either.  I dislike Blizzard strongly and no matter how much you apologize for them they still won't be getting a penny from me.

  • ZadawnZadawn SPosts: 651Member

    Originally posted by zymurgeist

    Originally posted by Zadawn


    Originally posted by Kaneth


    Originally posted by hockeyplayr


    Originally posted by Beazt

    Yep, gonna skip D3 myself.

     

    Also Check out "Path of Exile", gonna be F2P, cash shop is gonna be strictly cosmetics.

    im in beta. it is definitely worth it

    I too am in beta, and yes D3 is worth it. The AH doesn't bother me, because I don't have to use it. It doesn't infiltrate in-game at all. You have to select it from the main menu screen. At the moment, only the gold AH is available for testing, it works and looks like a AH in a mmorpg, except you are browsing from a menu and not on your character.

    The RM AH isn't available for testing, and to be truthful, I probably won't even bother with it. I can see where the D3 AH could affect their esport arena in D3, but me purchasing or not purchasing items doesn't affect my PvE game at all. I also have a group of friends I will group with and won't group randomly with people.

    Ignoring the AH aspect is fairly easy

    there are people that don't have friends to play with.

     Make some. It's not difficult.

    i have more than plenty.they just aren't into gaming.

    image
  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Dvalon 

    Yeah your not listening are you..

    There is NOTHING forcing you to use the RMAH, the only difference between it and the gold auction house is the currency used, a player still has to drop an item, and then place it on the RMAH for some one else to buy, and since it costs money to post in the first place, and since the auction house's cover VAST regions like all of Europe nearly, then there will be no shortage of items on both Auction Houses.

    Hell I actually plan on buying stuff from the Gold Auction house and then selling it on the RMAH when I notice a profit can be made, and from the RMAH to sell on the gold AH where I see some one selling something at a low price.

    They are both the same only the currency changes.

    Agreed, no one is forcing you to buy anything.

    But I am personally taking a stand against all forms of cash shops and will for the principle of things get Torchlight 2 instead, it actually have more devs from the old Diablo games than D3 anyways.

    EA and Activision are getting on my nerves by selling additional stuff for money, and the stuff are usually pretty expensive too (just look on the stuff they sell for Dragonage 2 and the price for it), I think that in single player games that will actually lead to increased piracy or in my case, me waiting until a gold edition is released.

  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM ZagrebPosts: 1,788Member

    Does Diablo 3 have monthly fees or its just 50$ and play4ever?

  • StonesDKStonesDK SomewherePosts: 1,805Member

    Originally posted by Zeppelin4

    I'm confused by all these posts about Diablo 3.  I can play Diablo 3 the same way I played Diablo 2. I login to bnet, make a private server, invite friends and or family and enjoy. The real money AH does not effect me one bit. The only complaint I can see that is valid is the online play only. What I find strange about these complaints here is this site is about online gaming which requires a internet connection. :P

    People are always going to care about what others do one way or another regardless if you understand it or not. Reason for that is simple. People like to compete over things you may deem silly or looser'ish. If person A likes to be the guy with the biggest sword over everybody else. He is going to be mighty upset that  guy B can just spend 5 bucks to get that same sword. Then he no longer has bragging rights of spending a month obtaining something that other guy just got within 10 seconds.

     

    Why should he care? because he likes to compare and contrast to others, based on his ability to spend endless time farming certain items, then reaping the reward by joining public games and one shotting everything, hoping at least 1 guy will send him a tell about how awesome that was

     

    In case it wasn't obvious, I'm mocking the simple minded view of those that don't understand why people are upset about this. The truth is there are several reasons why, not necessarily in relation to strutting your e-peen along side other players

  • XzenXzen Los Alamos, NMPosts: 2,607Member Common

    Originally posted by thedarkess

    Does Diablo 3 have monthly fees or its just 50$ and play4ever?

    Just need to buy it. No monthly sub.

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member


    Originally posted by Starpower

    Originally posted by Zeppelin4
    I'm confused by all these posts about Diablo 3.  I can play Diablo 3 the same way I played Diablo 2. I login to bnet, make a private server, invite friends and or family and enjoy. The real money AH does not effect me one bit. The only complaint I can see that is valid is the online play only. What I find strange about these complaints here is this site is about online gaming which requires a internet connection. :P
    People are always going to care about what others do one way or another regardless if you understand it or not. Reason for that is simple. People like to compete over things you may deem silly or looser'ish. If person A likes to be the guy with the biggest sword over everybody else. He is going to be mighty upset that  guy B can just spend 5 bucks to get that same sword. Then he no longer has bragging rights of spending a month obtaining something that other guy just got within 10 seconds.
     
    Why should he care? because he likes to compare and contrast to others, based on his ability to spend endless time farming certain items, then reaping the reward by joining public games and one shotting everything, hoping at least 1 guy will send him a tell about how awesome that was
     
    In case it wasn't obvious, I'm mocking the simple minded view of those that don't understand why people are upset about this. The truth is there are several reasons why, not necessarily in relation to strutting your e-peen along side other players



    It still seems a lot like people are complaining about what someone else is doing or going to do, when it doesn't actually affect them.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Dvalon

    Originally posted by Requiamer

    Well i really dislike the whole idea behind the RMAH, so i'll have a wait stance about this game. At least a couple of month or more after launch.

     

    It will all depend on the drop rate, fun factor versus item dependency in this game and other stuff like that. If the game is coded in such a manner that you absolutely need to go through the RMAH to get any enjoyment, then i will just pass. For example in the beta vid i saw its clear the drop rate is high, but the guys play in easy mode, there is nothing even fun to play in that mode, you are always at full health. Ye high drop rate mean nothing here since you will probably not play more than few days in that mode. Honestly i'm not even sure gamers ever use that mode, i sure never did in any game.

     

    So it also depend a lot on how they split up the game between hardcore and the rest, as i assume only hardcore will really need RMAH (thats what happen in D2 at least), but assuming is not always right. You also want to know how is the hardcore mode split from the rest of the difficulty, if it is like in D2, hard coded then fine, but if they did this in an other "more subtle" manner it can cause a lot of trouble. So there are really to much questions to be answered, so i'll just wait to see how it work for real, and not only on paper. Somehow when it come to RMT, i know you just can't take what is told to you as given, thats simply not how it work.

     

    The game look great for sure. But i just have some very bad feeling about this for many reasons, i have seen how much game mechanisms can influence such features as RMAH, and game companies are now very greedy because they need to show some whooping number in their benefit, and make a good game is simply not enough for many of those companies anymore. So i'll just wait and see for now. And honestly all the game companies totally underestimated the power of a single script to fuck up their virtual little world, and coding is their plain time job, so really i'm a bit skeptical here to say the least about this kind of feature.

    Yeah your not listening are you..

    There is NOTHING forcing you to use the RMAH, the only difference between it and the gold auction house is the currency used, a player still has to drop an item, and then place it on the RMAH for some one else to buy, and since it costs money to post in the first place, and since the auction house's cover VAST regions like all of Europe nearly, then there will be no shortage of items on both Auction Houses.

     

    Hell I actually plan on buying stuff from the Gold Auction house and then selling it on the RMAH when I notice a profit can be made, and from the RMAH to sell on the gold AH where I see some one selling something at a low price.

     

    They are both the same only the currency changes.

    I don't think you read his post at all. He's concerned that the game might be made in such a way that they make it very difficult to get the items without using the RMAH in order to make Blizzard maximum profit and plans to wait and see whether it does or not before buying. At this point it is too early to tell as the current beta is nothing more than a glorified demo with low level cap etc.

    No matter what way you look at it his plan is sensible, he has some concerns and wants to wait and see if they are valid before spending his money.

  • StonesDKStonesDK SomewherePosts: 1,805Member

    Originally posted by lizardbones

     




    Originally posted by Starpower





    Originally posted by Zeppelin4

    I'm confused by all these posts about Diablo 3.  I can play Diablo 3 the same way I played Diablo 2. I login to bnet, make a private server, invite friends and or family and enjoy. The real money AH does not effect me one bit. The only complaint I can see that is valid is the online play only. What I find strange about these complaints here is this site is about online gaming which requires a internet connection. :P






    People are always going to care about what others do one way or another regardless if you understand it or not. Reason for that is simple. People like to compete over things you may deem silly or looser'ish. If person A likes to be the guy with the biggest sword over everybody else. He is going to be mighty upset that  guy B can just spend 5 bucks to get that same sword. Then he no longer has bragging rights of spending a month obtaining something that other guy just got within 10 seconds.

     

    Why should he care? because he likes to compare and contrast to others, based on his ability to spend endless time farming certain items, then reaping the reward by joining public games and one shotting everything, hoping at least 1 guy will send him a tell about how awesome that was

     

    In case it wasn't obvious, I'm mocking the simple minded view of those that don't understand why people are upset about this. The truth is there are several reasons why, not necessarily in relation to strutting your e-peen along side other players








    It still seems a lot like people are complaining about what someone else is doing or going to do, when it doesn't actually affect them.

     

    That's the thing. It does affect those that like to put themselves alongside others, competing on killing effectiveness based on his time spent farming to get to the point he is at. For some, time spent is the defacto that determines rich from poor, l33t from n00b. The social order, status and a variety of other things. Not everybody is going to make private closed games only for their own friends. If i recall correctly there were many public games in Diablo 2 solely made for the reason to show everybody how great you are. How can you do that when people can pay their way to glory.

    It can be hard to grasp I know. Some people just don't want YOU to have as good gear as them without spending the time killing mobs to get it. It takes away their prestige of obtaining said item because they want to compare themselves against YOU. That's why what YOU do matters to them

  • tavoctavoc Friedensburg, PAPosts: 256Member

    Well ill make this one short.. for those of you who are putting up the arguement about how you dont have to use the RMAH.. and that you will be able to buy the same stuff with in game currency.. your out of your mind.

    Simplely: Who the hell in their right mind is going to sell that redicousouly hard to find brestplate on the game currency ah for a couple thousand gold, when they can post it in the RMAH for say $50? no one.. and if they do its just going to get bought by somone else and reposted on the rmah anyway.

    Also for those people actualy stupid enough to use the RMAH, How secure will it realy be?? i mean think about it. if alot of real money starts flying around D3 its going to attract hackers.. and fast!! And despite what you may think no mmo company relay has a great track record with game accounts. they are alwayes getting hacked, every day.  So if you have to link a bank acount or paypall or anything to pay for these items.. Guess what? you wake up one day try to log on to D3 only to find out that not only your account is hacked, but your bank 2.

    image

  • montinmontin IpswichPosts: 218Member

    Originally posted by Beazt

    Yep, gonna skip D3 myself.

    I think there will be a lot of people skipping D3 because of the insane AH idea. Whilst I loved D1 and D2, played them to death. I for one wont be touching D3. But then again I quit WoW when they brought in the whole battlenet thing. I really think blizzard have got far to big for their boots. Its only a matter of time before the company folds but its going to be a few years before that happens. Maybe the silly things they are doing with D3 is the start of blizzards demise.

  • SkuddSkudd memphis, TNPosts: 129Member

    Looks like tinfoil hats are back in fashion, both with haters in here and fanboys elsewhere... 

    "It is my opinion, that my opinions are always right"

  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by montin

    Originally posted by Beazt

    Yep, gonna skip D3 myself.

    I think there will be a lot of people skipping D3 because of the insane AH idea. Whilst I loved D1 and D2, played them to death. I for one wont be touching D3. But then again I quit WoW when they brought in the whole battlenet thing. I really think blizzard have got far to big for their boots. Its only a matter of time before the company folds but its going to be a few years before that happens. Maybe the silly things they are doing with D3 is the start of blizzards demise.

    Sweet a doomsayer! Unless something drastic happens blizzard isn't going anywhere for atleast 10 years. What silly things with D3 are you talking about and will they lead to its demise? D3 is going to be huge.. i don't see the end approaching.

  • TalRashaTalRasha GroningenPosts: 827Member

    Diablo2: Items get sold for real money trough ebay with a shady website being the search filter.

    Diablo3: Items get sold for real money trough Blizzard/PayPal, with the game it self being the search filter.

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member


    Originally posted by Starpower

    Originally posted by lizardbones
     


    Originally posted by Starpower



    Originally posted by Zeppelin4
    I'm confused by all these posts about Diablo 3.  I can play Diablo 3 the same way I played Diablo 2. I login to bnet, make a private server, invite friends and or family and enjoy. The real money AH does not effect me one bit. The only complaint I can see that is valid is the online play only. What I find strange about these complaints here is this site is about online gaming which requires a internet connection. :P


    People are always going to care about what others do one way or another regardless if you understand it or not. Reason for that is simple. People like to compete over things you may deem silly or looser'ish. If person A likes to be the guy with the biggest sword over everybody else. He is going to be mighty upset that  guy B can just spend 5 bucks to get that same sword. Then he no longer has bragging rights of spending a month obtaining something that other guy just got within 10 seconds.
     
    Why should he care? because he likes to compare and contrast to others, based on his ability to spend endless time farming certain items, then reaping the reward by joining public games and one shotting everything, hoping at least 1 guy will send him a tell about how awesome that was
     
    In case it wasn't obvious, I'm mocking the simple minded view of those that don't understand why people are upset about this. The truth is there are several reasons why, not necessarily in relation to strutting your e-peen along side other players





    It still seems a lot like people are complaining about what someone else is doing or going to do, when it doesn't actually affect them.
     


    That's the thing. It does affect those that like to put themselves alongside others, competing on killing effectiveness based on his time spent farming to get to the point he is at. For some, time spent is the defacto that determines rich from poor, l33t from n00b. The social order, status and a variety of other things. Not everybody is going to make private closed games only for their own friends. If i recall correctly there were many public games in Diablo 2 solely made for the reason to show everybody how great you are. How can you do that when people can pay their way to glory.
    It can be hard to grasp I know. Some people just don't want YOU to have as good gear as them without spending the time killing mobs to get it. It takes away their prestige of obtaining said item because they want to compare themselves against YOU. That's why what YOU do matters to them



    Then things are unchanged from Diablo 2. Instead of buying stuff from other players through the game, people were buying stuff from other players through eBay or some other out of game service. There is no real difference between D2 and D3 in this regard.

    Anyone who is using video games to try and increase their self esteem is doomed to failure. The 'Prestige' earned is no more real than the game itself.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

2
Sign In or Register to comment.