Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Guild Alignment Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new feature has been added to the pre-launch guild registration process at the Star Wars: The Old Republic site. Guilds can now begin to build alliances or adversarial relationships with other guilds and register up to three.

This is a fascinating nugget of information: Qualifying guilds that are marked as Allies and Adversaries of other guilds will have the highest chance of being placed in the game together, allowing these guilds to coexist on the same server.

Read the full post on the Star Wars: The Old Republic community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

While nice feature I'm sure, guild alliances and rivalries tend to happen in-game. Usually before-launch allies simply just form a guild together and rivalries do not exist before in-game events occur...

None the less, a nice feature propably most useful for RP guilds who might have other guilds associated with their background stories etc.

• just so people know, there is nothing stopping them from making their guild on a different server if they don't want the one bioware chooses.  they just cant choose the server that their guild is placed on at the start(assuming they qualify for the deployment phase and wish to particpate in it).  the guild also wouldn't be pre-made if you chose a different server.  this is being done in an attempt by bioware to space out the population at launch

edit:

DavidBass News and Announcements -> Guild Alignment Begins

We've seen some confusion today with the launch of Phase 2: Alignment that we'd like to clear up. As stated in the Guild FAQ, the Pre-Launch Guild Program allows you to register your guild before the game releases in order to be placed on a server with your Allies/Adversaries at launch. At no time do we force you to join a specific server, either as a guild or as a player. During Phase 3: Deployment, we will assign servers to qualified guilds, effectively reserving their guild name on those servers and ideally placing them alongside their Allies and/or Adversaries. Guild members are free to accept the offer in-game, or they can choose to ignore it and join whichever server they'd prefer instead.

If you have any questions or concerns about the Guild Headquarters, I encourage you to read the entirety of the Guild FAQ. It addresses each phase of the Pre-Launch Guild Program separately, and provide answers to common questions regarding the program.

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

seriously ... they are like letting us pre-play the game on RP element with a browser before gaving us the game, once the game will release everyone would already know all the game story and will have already exploit all the content lollololol !

• KeoghKeogh Member Posts: 1,099

There is a logistical tool that is mentioned that has nothing to do with RP.

Go directly to the SWTOR site to see this:

"Another feature being implemented with Phase 2 is the ability for guild leaders and members with the proper permissions to invite friends to join their guild via email. You can start recruiting new members today!" 

"Don't corpse-camp that idea. Its never gonna rez"
    Bladezz (The Guild)

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

What is the purpose of that, though? Can guilds form together and plop down alliance guild halls or something? No. Nothing will change the fact that this is either a solo or a tiny group game.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Yeaaaa, i can see my account now with all data, subscription exct. War will start soon :)

• Archangel326Archangel326 Member Posts: 43

WOW people who have not played this game really need to stop trying to state things that they know nothing about. This is a great feature for people like myself who are involved in BIG guilds. And already have alliances with a few other smaller guilds and rivals with several BIG and small guilds.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Kuinn

While nice feature I'm sure, guild alliances and rivalries tend to happen in-game. Usually before-launch allies simply just form a guild together and rivalries do not exist before in-game events occur...

None the less, a nice feature propably most useful for RP guilds who might have other guilds associated with their background stories etc.

We already have 2 adversaries listed. Carried over from games of the past.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

out with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

I think there are 3 phases to the guild system, once phase three comes out i think thats telling which servers Bioware has choosen for the game. Meaning that we have moved one step closer to the game coming out. Which is contrary to what some where saying that they are stalling or going backwards, this seems they are still moving along. A tiny bump in their plans but still moving forward.

Here are the phases and a short summary of what they are

Phase 1 - Formation: This is the point they allow you to form your guild and say who will be in it (we had this one a while ago

Phase 2 - Alignment: This is the one we are at now setting the structure of it up, going in making alliances and foes

Phase 3 - Deployment: This is the point they work everything together and (apparently) if the user chooses puts that guild into the game

Sounds like Phase 3 will happen just as the game is starting up. to me.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

So you're saying that because this is mostly an RP feature iit is bad and they shouldn't put it in the game?

I disagree completely. It's VERY GOOD that Bioware is putting RP stuff in the game, I hope for more stuff that is useful for RP purposes.

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

PvP geared guilds tend to have "friend guilds"... Allies from previous games...

My guild comes from WAR and we had a 10 guild alliance where each guild had between 15 to 40 members. This feature is about organising our members on launch day and knowing we'll all be on the same server.

You have a very limited view of things.

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

Originally posted by precious328

What is the purpose of that, though? Can guilds form together and plop down alliance guild halls or something? No. Nothing will change the fact that this is either a solo or a tiny group game.

Your sig is a lie. You're on the forum for it. 

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by precious328

You're ridiculous. If you do not get guild alliances maybe it's because all you know is WoW... so you could not possibly concieve of a need for guilds to collab on a larger scale.

If this game does not interest you why do you even stick around? Something is broken with you.

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

This sounds really cool. It will probably make server communities stronger in SWTOR.

On an irrelevant note I'm surprised by the amount of people "not interested in SWTOR" that this has irritated lol.

• waits1972waits1972 Member Posts: 46

Why don't they stop wasting time with pre-game stuff and buckle down on delivering the game.  I'll find a guild I like once I start playing.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by Xondar123

So you're saying that because this is mostly an RP feature iit is bad and they shouldn't put it in the game?

I disagree completely. It's VERY GOOD that Bioware is putting RP stuff in the game, I hope for more stuff that is useful for RP purposes.

No I'm not saying that, I actually called it a nice feature, what's your problem?