Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Noob Time with Ripper X

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In his latest overview / introductory video for MMORPG.com, Ripper X has donned his tights, strapped on his cape, put on a double D bra and swept into the world of Champions Online. Check out Ripper's first heroic feats in CO and then weigh in with your experiences in the comments. Watch Champions Online: Noob Time with Ripper X!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

5 out of 9 total minutes are spent customizing the character ... Really? Hire me and I'll make worthwhile videos.

• JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120

Well to be honest, the character customization is one of the best qualities of the game.

Ripper previews are unscripted and sort of average new player perspective.  To spend a lot of time in the Character customization is only natural if you have ever played before.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

While I agree that the char customization is the best quality of the game, I dont think it needed half the video to get the point across.  Would have liked to see some more content in the video, maybe show a mission or two and then show the final nission to take down the mothership at the end of the noob zone.  I think the story part of some missions is also a great feature of this game.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

If you call it "noob time", wouldn't you want to approach the video from a first-logon perspective?

Yep, first time you log in, you spend a lot of time in the CC.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Once again, I would have preferred an article to a video. Skipping this again.

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

if there is a concept in mind it is likely to spend a lot of time at the character creator, that is one of main elements that distinguish superhero mmos from the rest.

• Khaine007Khaine007 Member UncommonPosts: 37

I can spend literally hours on the tailor, or in character creation, coming up with ideas.  My costumes can go through numerous iterations, all before I ever even leave the tailor for the first time.  The costume pieces available are near limitless for what you can do to combine them.  I think my most I've ever spent would probably be 8-10 hours, working on one costume, through multiple sittings.  Work for a long time, save, take a break for awhile, load the costume back up, and continue working on it.  The customization of your outward appearance is amazing, and wish more games did that, so that you don't start looking like a bum in rags and very slowly work your way up like in most mmorpg's.

That said, I would agree with the people talking about how the video was pretty much random and useless as it shows virtually nothing of ingame footage.  Even if it were to just skip some like mentioned, and show a brief overview of the entirety of the tutorial, it would have been much better.