Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alganon Online

winrehswinrehs Member Posts: 6

Does anybody here play the game? If yes, can you tell me if it's ok? I'm currently at work now and can't download.

Thanks in advance.

YEAH!!!

Comments

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

I was gonna try it before they tried to force me to spend 20 pound on some shitty items

• winrehswinrehs Member Posts: 6

Why would they do that?

YEAH!!!

• SaphireSpireSaphireSpire Member Posts: 10

Looks like a wow clone to me.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

When you sign up it has a bulletpoint with the options and you can't untick it, then they ask for your credit card details, looks crap anyways

Originally posted by SaphireSpire

It doesn't matter if it's a clone or not, I just want to know if the game is good, great or trash.

YEAH!!!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

The game technically ok. Nothing special or mind blowing, but pretty ok.

If cash shop gaming is your thing, and I am guessing it probably is, then you might as well play it as anything else.

Originally posted by vesavius

If cash shop gaming is your thing, and I am guessing it probably is, then you might as well play it as anything else.

I'm not a fan of Cash Shop's at all. When I play F2P, I really play it for "FREE".

YEAH!!!

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by winrehs

I'm not a fan of Cash Shop's at all. When I play F2P, I really play it for "FREE".

Then you're pretty much fucked when it comes to this game... Unless you don't like fun

scribble scribble scribble

• SaphireSpireSaphireSpire Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by SaphireSpire

It doesn't matter if it's a clone or not, I just want to know if the game is good, great or trash.

If it looks or plays anything like WoW, it's trash.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Way to support the companies and keep them in business and show appreciation for a product you use and enjoy.

Just sayin :P

I will usually be sure to spend at least a few $$ on any game I've liked that is f2p.  Since usually I'd like to see them remain in business, haha.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Alganon isn't really free to play. You can play up to level 30 for free, then you have to pay. It's like 20-30 dollars after that.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I spent a signifigant ammount of time getting into the game and for a wide range of reasons ranging from game management/dev decisions...to the game itself...have zero interest....and would definately not recommend it.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

Way to support the companies and keep them in business and show appreciation for a product you use and enjoy.

I will usually be sure to spend at least a few $$ on any game I've liked that is f2p.  Since usually I'd like to see them remain in business, haha.

Whoah... Wait.

Are you seriously giving someone crap for not spending money in a F2P/Cash Shop MMO?

Really?

But I thought "all the rave" about F2P was that you could play the entire game without ever paying a dime? That's what everyone keeps telling me anyway about why F2P is superior. "You only buy stuff if you want to". I don't recall anyone ever stating you should feel obligated to spend money on them.

After all, it's the companies that plaster the words "PLAY FOR FREE!" all over their advertising.

The Alganon site has "Play For Free" on the splash page, they have it at least twice on the main page...

If there's an issue with people not paying and "supporting" the game, then it needs to be taken up with the companies. Ask them why they have "FREE TO PLAY!"  all over their sites and advertising.

Don't take it out on players doing so.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Originally posted by WSIMike

Whoah... Wait.

Are you seriously giving someone crap for not spending money in a F2P/Cash Shop MMO?

Really?

But I thought "all the rave" about F2P was that you could play the entire game without ever paying a dime? That's what everyone keeps telling me anyway about why F2P is superior. "You only buy stuff if you want to". I don't recall anyone ever stating you should feel obligated to spend money on them.

After all, it's the companies that plaster the words "PLAY FOR FREE!" all over their advertising.

The Alganon site has "Play For Free" on the splash page, they have it at least twice on the main page...

If there's an issue with people not paying and "supporting" the game, then it needs to be taken up with the companies. Ask them why they have "FREE TO PLAY!"  all over their sites and advertising.

Note my --> :P

I will say flat out that I prefer p2p games over f2p games immensely.  But with everyone and everything going f2p it is getting harder and harder to avoid them :(

I can appreciate a f2p game though if the cash shop is all fluff or minor conveniences.  I will avoid like the plague f2p games that are pure pay to win.

You won't get me to change my stance though, we are all entitled to one?  In my view anyone who wants a 100% free ride is being selfish, greedy and/or misguided.  Fact is every company needs to make some $$ and if I appreciate the product they have put out then I do not mind paying for it or giving them my support via their cash shop.  A big problem with many f2p games and moving towards games in general is so many people want a free ride and want everything to be easily achieved.

PS like the quote and agree with it but as I said f2p is moving towards impossible to avoid :(

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by WSIMike

Whoah... Wait.

Really?

Note my --> :P

I will say flat out that I prefer p2p games over f2p games immensely.  But with everyone and everything going f2p it is getting harder and harder to avoid them :(

I can appreciate a f2p game though if the cash shop is all fluff or minor conveniences.  I will avoid like the plague f2p games that are pure pay to win.

You won't get me to change my stance though, we are all entitled to one?  In my view anyone who wants a 100% free ride is being selfish, greedy and/or misguided.  Fact is every company needs to make some $$ and if I appreciate the product they have put out then I do not mind paying for it or giving them my support via their cash shop.  A big problem with many f2p games and moving towards games in general is so many people want a free ride and want everything to be easily achieved.

PS like the quote and agree with it but as I said f2p is moving towards impossible to avoid :(

You mean these guys go to work everyday and don't do this to make a living? I can't believe they aren't just doing this for the fun of getting up every morning and spending 8+ hours a day working expecting there families to fend for themselves. lol

I totally agree. There is no way anything is truly free. F2P just means yes you can play, but you are not going to get everything that you want that paying patrons are getting.  WSIMike thats a lot of posts and I'm sure you can understand in between 1-5000+ of them that if there was no money involved in this business you wouldn't be posting about games.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Does anybody here play the game? If yes, can you tell me if it's ok? I'm currently at work now and can't download.

Thanks in advance.

Tried it a little while ago, seemed ok and may give it another go soon. 

What i gathered from that try :

Fits very firmly in the wow clone catagory.

Like lotro not really good or bad but very average.

Don't think it's ever really recovered from a very bad launch.

Wether or not you'll like it is something you'll have to find out for yourself.

• mu2dermu2der Member Posts: 3

Thanks in advance.

This game sucks, I have a full account on this game and it sucks so bad and heres why... 

TOP 3 REASONS ALAGON SUCKS.

1.) There's NO one playing(Like 5-10)people max.

2.) Alot of bugs plus after level 30+ there's nothing to do, unfinished land.

3.) Graphics or ok could be alot better, trying to be like WOW.

• CuradorCurador Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by mu2der

Thanks in advance.

This game sucks, I have a full account on this game and it sucks so bad and heres why... 

That 1st reason is enough to not play it.
  • mu2dermu2der Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Curador

Originally posted by mu2der

Thanks in advance.

That 1st reason is enough to not play it.

Yeah that's true...lol

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Yet if 5 people would skip that first reason, the population would double and the reason would become less of a problem :p

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by TalRasha

Yet if 5 people would skip that first reason, the population would double and the reason would become less of a problem :p

Yes but you would still have a mediocre game with not much going for it...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Originally posted by Lashley

When you sign up it has a bulletpoint with the options and you can't untick it, then they ask for your credit card details, looks crap anyways

Named after Bobby Lashley with a Rashad Evans avatar.   hmmm

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Amjoco

I totally agree. There is no way anything is truly free. F2P just means yes you can play, but you are not going to get everything that you want that paying patrons are getting.  WSIMike thats a lot of posts and I'm sure you can understand in between 1-5000+ of them that if there was no money involved in this business you wouldn't be posting about games.

I'm getting back to this thread a bit late, admittedly.. But I'm curious anyway..

What exactly are you trying to say with that statement? And what does it have, at all, to do with my post - which was addressing something that I see all the time from the pro-F2P side... the assertion that these games are truly intended to be played for free, despite the fact that the games, and their cash shops, are designed to compel players to do the opposite as much as they can get away with?

I was poking fun more than anything, basically :)

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Been following the game since beta. 

After all this time i always believed that sooner or later people would see for themselves that Alganon is quite a decent FTP mmo.At least compared to a ton of Asian mmos that are full of western players. 

It always seemd that EU players(as i) had more interest in it , so when the EU server launched i hoped a lot. But to my suprise there was no advertisement of the EU server launch, Nothing! 

Result? A great ping and a totally empty from players world!! I played for 10 days and i met 1-2 players! I mean this made it nearly impossible to stay or even pay a dime on the market...

This game should have a better promotion than relying on the Derek Smart vs the World monopolising the mmorpg.com's Alganon forums creating some sort of fame....

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

We actually advertised the European servers on the forums, our website etc - and it has been getting quite a bit of use actually. Not as much as one would have hope, but it is what it is. The expansion pack due out around the end of March will hopefully change that.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.