Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: King of the Hill PvP Launches

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Champions Online players who love PvP will want to check out the new King of the Hill mode. King of the Hill takes players to Vibora Bay in an effort to control the mausoleum fountain.

The team has produced a new video showing off KotH:

Players can choose from Unrestricted or Archetype queues when lining up for battle. In addition, "through a new Determination buff, the assaulting team gradually grows stronger in damage and resistance (including Knock Back) as they try to prevent the opposing team from reaching the winning threshold of 7 minutes."

Find out more on the Champions Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• virindi1virindi1 Member UncommonPosts: 80

DUDE! GIVE US ENDGAME PVP. I'm talking frontiers / keeps / control points in the OPEN WORLD. Have them unlock PVE dungeons or something. Enough of this instanced pvp crap.

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

Translation : We're lazy - so we will just throw something together and hope it sticks.

No thanks.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

At this moment enjoying CO as is fun game and have army of alts. So I'm not yet bothered by (bad?) end game. PvP - I could not care less in any game. Game is fun and fast paces. I just wish Trion have programmed it and not Cryptic. Being under Cryptic or Atari have not changed anything. IMO, CO have worst support and response team ever. Of all times. Have improved for sure but not enough to keep me in for more then one or two months per year.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Why do they even bother with pvp, this game is a nightmare for balancing, the actual healing pool powers paled in comparison to the mitigation powers(Seems to be the trend with super hero mmos?). All other dps fell short compared to DB dps, of course all this was quite some time ago, about the time that the game went f2p. This game is a nightmare for balancing.

• HyperbeamHyperbeam Member Posts: 124

Originally posted by moosecatlol

Why do they even bother with pvp, this game is a nightmare for balancing, the actual healing pool powers paled in comparison to the mitigation powers(Seems to be the trend with super hero mmos?). All other dps fell short compared to DB dps, of course all this was quite some time ago, about the time that the game went f2p. This game is a nightmare for balancing.

Because thats all people do at endgame and thats all they talk about.  To be fair  when I played a lot of the player base were moaning about the lack of PvP options so I guess this is for them.  I do agree with you though, having the only real endgame option as PvP and having inherent balancing problems is laughable.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Logged in to check this out last night, but didn't see it listed as an option.  Is there a level limit?  I log in on a low level character.

Signed up for a round of the zombie survival pvp and lost track of time.  I don't think you could play that scenario over and over, but it is definitely ridiculous fun time to time.  The group I was with actually did incredibly well at working together to try and survive. 

This game is much more fun that some people think it is.  However the negative rep that has been put out, mostly by people who haven't given the game a serious shot or even played it at all, is so strong that it is hard to convince new people to try the game even though its free.

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by augustgrace

Logged in to check this out last night, but didn't see it listed as an option.  Is there a level limit?  I log in on a low level character.

Signed up for a round of the zombie survival pvp and lost track of time.  I don't think you could play that scenario over and over, but it is definitely ridiculous fun time to time.  The group I was with actually did incredibly well at working together to try and survive. 

This game is much more fun that some people think it is.  However the negative rep that has been put out, mostly by people who haven't given the game a serious shot or even played it at all, is so strong that it is hard to convince new people to try the game even though its free.

It is lvl 21-30 or 31-40. It is kind of fun, similar to zombie apocalypsis in terms of that everybody gets the chance to beat somebody no matter the winner of the match.

• Khaine007Khaine007 Member UncommonPosts: 37

Originally posted by virindi1

DUDE! GIVE US ENDGAME PVP. I'm talking frontiers / keeps / control points in the OPEN WORLD. Have them unlock PVE dungeons or something. Enough of this instanced pvp crap.

This game isn't DAoC or WAR.  Literally the only 2 games that I can think of that had this option.  Go play them if that's what you want.  They are simply introducing more flavor, albeit to a very craptastically balanced PvP system, since CC is incredibly broken in CO.

To the poster below you, also, "Whaaaaaa!  They give us more content, but I complain like a little petulent child!"   That's what I got out of your post Zigmund.