Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you got to have your favorite MMO remade with superior graphics, which would it be and why?

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by uohaloran

And you still can't do that in any other game to date, I'll bet!

p.s. you could always just move the furniture.

=)

Mine is UO as well and despite what some people might try and convince me otherwise, it's not because of nostalgia -- I guarnatee it.

Yeah, but it had some kind of twist that put the person cought there on fire, it was a long time ago and my memory is somewhat off...

• mortelissmorteliss Member Posts: 4

FFXI before abyssea

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/"; alt="swtor guild hosting"><

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Illius

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Everquest before Luclin, or DAOC before Atlantis.

I'll second that DAoC thing you said there.

I'm joining this team here.

I really enjoyed the 3 faction PVP and Darkness Falls and would love a chance to play a group centric game with the classic 8 man groups.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by uohaloran

And you still can't do that in any other game to date, I'll bet!

p.s. you could always just move the furniture.

=)

Mine is UO as well and despite what some people might try and convince me otherwise, it's not because of nostalgia -- I guarnatee it.

Yeah, but it had some kind of twist that put the person cought there on fire, it was a long time ago and my memory is somewhat off...

SWG had the same prob, I watched a friend get trapped between four mission terminals during PVP (pre-cu) in an enemy guilds city, 4 guys plopped them down around him. No one could db him, even with AOE's (*can not see target*) all he could do was log out and play a dif account until a GM answered. Wasn't long before it got to the forums and was happening all over. Which of course the end result was bans, rather than any real fix.

Actually only a few months later a few friends and I were trapped within a structure the same way.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Illius

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Everquest before Luclin, or DAOC before Atlantis.

I'll second that DAoC thing you said there.

I'm joining this team here.

I really enjoyed the 3 faction PVP and Darkness Falls and would love a chance to play a group centric game with the classic 8 man groups.

This.

• jbuettlerjbuettler Member UncommonPosts: 11

SWG. Pre-NGE and Pre-CU.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

Id have Ragnarok Online remade. I played that game for years and still love it today haha. It just had an undying charm to it :)

• jmayorjmayor Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by mhoward48

I want two. Number one is Everquest. I just loved it and more fun there then any game ever. Number 2 Dark Ages Of Camelot.

no point in re-typing what's been said...so...

"This"

Originally posted by pit101

WoW..

Just TRY and flame me!1!

that's already been done.  It's called "Rift"

yes I like rift.  and no I'm not joking.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

3D PvE game - EQ before LDoN type instanced stuff, first couple expansions...and keep it like that, would be best imo.

RvR game - DAoC...Still best siege RvRvR experience I have had...I would prefer earlier version of this also.

Sandbox and favorite all time - Ultima Online...I would just prefer the old game world back, with a population.  Unlike the emulator stuff.  I do not like the new skill system, and I was never a fan of the non-ffa-pvp lands.  I wasnt a griefer, but the depth of the game, crafting, house design system...Give me old UO back, and don't make it like new UO.  I still have a sub (I am cancelling it soon, don't like the new setup), but I play with the 2D client, the 3d type one looks buggy and I prefer the classic gameplay.

If I had to pick one...I guess it would be UO, due to it being 2D basically, and it would be great to see all the functions of UO in a newer 3D game (with a classic server, and classic content type updates...is that too much to ask for?).

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

UO

Think about Diablo 3 graphics with UO's sandbox... (drool)

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Asheron's Call, no contest. It's got one of the most unique level/skill based advancement systems ever created, the dungeons are fun to explore (and easy to get lost in), loot is completely random (you can get great drops from normal mobs), etc. I'd update the graphics and UI, and leave the rest alone. Wait, scratch that, I'd restore the magic system to its original form, as I still think it's one of the best ever made, period.

C'mon Turbine, make it happen!

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

I want to say DAoC, but it would take a lot more than a graphics overhaul to recreate the magic that was DAoC pre-ToA. Every new expansion and patch beyond, and including, ToA made the game worse.

Then I thought maybe EQ, but SOE would just ruin that by making it a raid only game like it is now(love how group content is balanced with raid gear).

So, I'm going to say AC. That is the only game that has stayed fun through any expansion, patch, etc. Assuming, of course, they also adjusted combat to be more interactive.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

The OP was asking 'What MMORPG would you like to have remade with superior graphics?', not 'what MMORPG would you like to have a redo because you didn't like the path it took. Therefore, all the SWG pre-CU/NGE, FFXI pre-Abyssea, EQ pre-whatever, and other such nonsense aren't really valid answers. This is about graphics only.

Originally posted by Loke666

Biowares Neverwinter nights.

While it isn't technically a MMORPG it is a MORPG and that is close enough.

The potential of all the fan created content for a game like that is gigantic. I spent quite a time in it on personal servers with some dedicated GMs that possesed monsters and spawned stuff on players, it was just great.

I have played many MMOs during my time but nothing was really close to NWN.

^ Not an MMORPG, but I'd love to see NWN1 remade as well. I lost years of my life to that game.

As far as actual MMORPGs go, I think I'd need to go with LotRO. The landscapes are beautiful. But the character models/textures/animations are atroscious.

<3

• yyiriyyiri Member UncommonPosts: 35

DAoC pre-ToA. No overpowered classes (Vampiir, Mauler). Everyone on level playing field (SC and crafted in SI).

Just oodles of RvR, SI dungeon raiding and Darkness Falls. These 3 elements kept me enthralled for a long long time.

Camping a portal keep during a relic raid, PvP combat in Darkness Falls as a stealther  or 3-way 100 man battles at Dun Crauchon, these were feelings that I've never experienced again in the numerous MMOs that came after...

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

1) Asheron's Call

2) DAoC

3) FFXI

Although, I have to admit graphics are not the reason I am no longer playing these three games, it's how they've changed (for the worse) over the years to try to "adapt" to the market (see: daily quests, simpler content, raiding etc) instead of working on the core problems that older games face with mechanics, UI, etc.

All three games offer their own take on very rich MMO's, far richer than anything released since FFXI, but it doesn't mean they were perfection and could always be improved upon.

Originally posted by dreamscaper

The OP was asking 'What MMORPG would you like to have remade with superior graphics?', not 'what MMORPG would you like to have a redo because you didn't like the path it took. Therefore, all the SWG pre-CU/NGE, FFXI pre-Abyssea, EQ pre-whatever, and other such nonsense aren't really valid answers. This is about graphics only.

This..I don't know what it is that is so hard to READ the post....

he was talking about GRAPHICS UPDATE ONLY..NOT gameplay..mechanics...NO rollbacks..JUST GRAPHICS.

so how about all those that gave stupid answers, read, and re-post. ;)

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Asheron's Call, no contest. It's got one of the most unique level/skill based advancement systems ever created, the dungeons are fun to explore (and easy to get lost in), loot is completely random (you can get great drops from normal mobs), etc. I'd update the graphics and UI, and leave the rest alone. Wait, scratch that, I'd restore the magic system to its original form, as I still think it's one of the best ever made, period.

C'mon Turbine, make it happen!

I've already been wanting to play it again; I couldn't imagine how amazing it would look with updated graphics.  Hell, it still looks good to me after all these years.

• ElricmerrenElricmerren Member Posts: 295

Hmmm pretty much alot of the mmos already listed would be ones i would love to see updated to more modern graphics, although honestly i would rather see a new mmo based around somewhat older games i liked. The first would be phantasy star in a non-class based system with skills and abilities coming from three sources which would be techiniques, technology, and magic. Also with a largely open group system with three to four races that are in the game, which would be humans, ne-humans, androids, espars (basically humans that align with either the profound darkness or great light.). I would also love a less restrictive armor system, with more ideas put into the penalty of wearing heavy armor (mostly for the casters, such as a heat issue thaat as they cast spells they would generate heat that will deal damage after awhile if they wear heavy armor.). Shining force was one of the first rpgs i played and i always found the promotion system intresting, same with the universe it was set in. The lasst of tthe rpgs i liked alot was final fantasy 7 with it's materia system, which kinda allowed for less need of classes, mostly since you can change your materia set-up to fit what you wanted or needed. Also the materia system would allow for an interesting take on pet-based classes with summons if you actually worked it as they remain either short term for hhigher damage, or long term as a more compainion feel. Also the ability to link materia up for giving attack new effects or to gain resistances and immunities.

• ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by proponent

SWG Pre CU and UO

Dunno if I can mention SWGEmu but if they ever update the graphics to allow clothing physics ...  I will continue to play that even after WOW:TOR is released.

lol QFT m8, but dont mention the emu they dont like it at all.

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

• ZimbaZimba Member UncommonPosts: 52

Neocron, it was already graphically outdated when it came out, but had a great cyberpunk atmosphere.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Well there is no game I would return to simply for a graphics update.

Now if we were talking a totally new launch.. updated graphics etc etc

I'll go with Ultima Online.

Yes I remember the bad I was ready to quit after my first week.   I remember the good and why I ended up staying for over 5 years of non-stop subscription.   "non stop" being the key.. no breaks in subscription etc

There is no other game that I played that long without taking many breaks from it.

I liked the game so much that even after everyone I knew (except for one guy) had left.. I kept playing.   Friends would ask me to play EQ... I'd log in and play for an hour then tell them I had to go and log back into UO.   Most games if I stick around at all its because I found people I like to play the game with.   So it says something to me that I enjoyed UO enough to stick with it even after almost all of my friends left.

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374

Asheron's Call.  It is a shame that all people know nowadays are EQ clones.

• ArcheAgeArcheAge Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by tank017

Everquest (pre - Luclin)

Because MMO's with good exploration aspects,difficulty,and an actual death penalty are a thing of the past.

which is just weak.

No they are not,Vanguard has all of the things you mention. Corpse runs,xp lost and vast exploration and non instanced vast dungeons and much more.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

UO pre Tram, (or just UO for all the people getting butt hurt about variations).

AO.

DAoC.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."