Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Want RIFT PvP ? Be Warned....!

GoromhirGoromhir portland, ORPosts: 292Member Uncommon

The pvp in this game is even more unbalanced than all other mmorpg´s togheter. You can play a healer or a chloromancer/warlock mage like almost everyone does at the moment or your just cannon fodder and free favor for others.

Play a Rogue and simply die on everything your attacking, nobody will fear you, your a free kill for everyone. Rogue is no frightening classin RIFT, its worse than a wet noodle on the table....

Play a Warrior and be dependant on a chealer or your in the same boat than the Rogue. Warriors are good for PvE as Tank but they just die in PvP.

I have never seen any other game with more Selfheals than RIFT. Attacking a Cleric means that your usually dead and the cleric at full HP and his HoTs are still running.

 

Clerics can heal from 1% HP to 100% in less than 2 sec over and over, they have shields, debuffs, AoE´s everything.

 

Dont play this game if you want to PvP and be a Rogue or Warrior. Be Warned ! Only classes that can heal are good for PvP. you will face 80% healing classes in PvP Warfronts if your going the Mellee way. Frustration is guaranteed trust me.

If you want fun in PvP play a Cleric or a Mage

For PvE you can play what you want..... nobody cares about PvE in the endgame

 

«1

Comments

  • PortizPortiz Sumter, SCPosts: 62Member

    nobody does rift raids, dungeon raids, T1 or T2 dungeons in this game.

    Everybody only plays rift because of its pvp.....

    All this crying about pvp being unbalanced. Every class has 8 souls to choose from.

    If you are not able to setup a descent build no matter which class you choose, you should not be bothering playing the game

    Go play a shooter if you dont have the skill for rifts pvp system.

     

     

     

     

  • QuesaQuesa Sacramento, CAPosts: 1,246Member

    I think you are overstating the disparities a bit.  I do recall the devs stating that they aren't going to be doing much tweaking when it comes to PvP-Souls and that they realize there will be powerful combinations on the battlefield.  I'll also admit that I haven't been actively following the changes they have been making to change PvP outside the gear changes. 

    The worst part about the PvP was the Valor (PvP stat) disparities between the entry level gear and top Prestige (PvP Rank) which has pretty much been aleviated.

  • herculeshercules lancashire,blackpoolPosts: 4,791Member Uncommon
    Rift pvp has been bad since launch and got worse.initally problem was the warrior ability to spike damage but rather then nerf it a tad bit and observe they simply nerfed the warriors soul to nothing and make matters worse buffed classes who did not need buffing making it worse.pvp souls as mentioned play a minor role in actual pvp.too bad the devs are clueless about pvp.
  • XerithXerith Richardson, TXPosts: 970Member

    PvP is one of the main reasons my entire guild left this game, but not for the reasons the OP mentioned but rather just the complete lack of PvP in general. You can do the same 4 warfronts over and over to rank up and get gear to do the same 4 warzones. Sure they added in the PvP rifts, but they were hardly worth coming back to. For a game that was so similar to WAR in so many areas, they forgot to add in all the things that made WAR PvP so fun. 

  • PuremallacePuremallace Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,856Member

    How to comment on a thread whee everyone can not figure out such a simple system? I mean they standardized the resilience stat because of this type of complaints and people still rage.

     

    Why do so many console players pick up mmorpgs? Goto the ToR forums and repost this same thread while you are at it, since we are hating on gear based mmorpg's.

     

    It is just shocking how fast some of you guys die in pvp. What happened to this genre while I was off in Aion land for 14 months? I pity Guild Wars fans so damn bad you guys have no idea. You have to deal with this.

  • herculeshercules lancashire,blackpoolPosts: 4,791Member Uncommon
    While I concur it is impossible to make perfect balance in mmorpg pvp , folks got to admit rift has one of the worst imbalance of pvp around.
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar drummondville, QCPosts: 7,987Member

    wasnt like that before but like usual with most game dev went to far with the nerfing

  • BeackerBeacker Newbury, MAPosts: 420Member

    My friends and I are huge pvper's we left Aion for Rift. We rolled on a pvp server at launch and hit 50 quick. We found pvp to be dull. Such as going to attack people and they would ask you to let them be to pve or they would just call you names. It was just sad that all these people rolled a pvp server and would cry and moan for you not to kill them. They best excuse I got was this: (We were both 50 too)

    Player-Don't kill me

    Me: (dumbfounded) Okay? Why?

    Player: I am downloading something on Steam right now ( I attack) WTF ARE YOU DOING STOP.

    Stuff like that Rift is not an open world pvp game.People treat it as PVE. Everyone just does the warfronts and that gets boring. Open PVP FTW but it is garbage in Rift.

  • drbaltazardrbaltazar drummondville, QCPosts: 7,987Member

    Originally posted by Beacker

    My friends and I are huge pvper's we left Aion for Rift. We rolled on a pvp server at launch and hit 50 quick. We found pvp to be dull. Such as going to attack people and they would ask you to let them be to pve or they would just call you names. It was just sad that all these people rolled a pvp server and would cry and moan for you not to kill them. They best excuse I got was this: (We were both 50 too)

    Player-Don't kill me

    Me: (dumbfounded) Okay? Why?

    Player: I am downloading something on Steam right now ( I attack) WTF ARE YOU DOING STOP.

    Stuff like that Rift is not an open world pvp game.People treat it as PVE. Everyone just does the warfronts and that gets boring. Open PVP FTW but it is garbage in Rift.

    the way people open world pvp is in rift<I REPEAT IN RIFT!

     

  • ZzadZzad Palma de MallorcaPosts: 1,316Member Uncommon

    QQ

  • korndog22korndog22 Tucson, AZPosts: 62Member

    I want to appologize to the people reading this thread on behalf of the Rift Community. This guy has no sense of Rift PvP.To be Honest it is unbalanced , but no where near the way the OP is claiming.I would assume he is a button smasher and tried rolling all classes just to find out he was bad at everything .

     

                    So lets clear everything up.PvP is actually kinda balanced atm.It probably won't get any better than it is now.Which isn't great , but not so bad .

                    Healers ....Cleric : No one wants to heal as a cleric in Rift PvP.Why ? because they nerfed healing in PvP a couple months ago.They give debuffs to cut your heals down because everyone was crying that "Healing was OP". Some still do . but it is not easy.You are extremely squishy , and once you get Raid marked as a healer its lights out for you if you get near anyone on the opposing side.

     

                                      Chloro: People do seem to like to do a Chloro hybrid build in PvP.They have good group heals ( Even with the debuff) and are capable of good AoE dmg. Mages in general are glass cannons and will get there ass handed to them quickly when getting beat on.

     

                                      Rogue: Ranger Builds are absolutely lethal .They are ranged DPS, that hit very hard .Other Rogue Builds do suffer , but you are not supposed to try to go toe to toe with another melee.You sneak and zerg nodes.or sneak arround and help team mates finish off opposing players.If you are a ranger you can zap someone before they even get close to you.

     

                                     Warriors : Are currently the most powerful in the game in PvP .They can melee you down in just a couple seconds .Any other class with in striking distance is toast ( They are actually so powerful  that Trion has reverted all there previous changes (Buffs ) on the PTS to try to figure out how to balance them.You will hear the most qq on the Rift forums about warriors...used to be Clerics.

    So everything the OP has stated is completely backwards which makes me wonder what game he is playing .I didn't mention Melee clerics BTW , but theyd o ok.Kinda middle of the road as of right now.Most Justicar Builds can't kill you , but are extremely tough to kill.Often used as a distraction tactic.

     

                      I play all aspects of Rift and will never claim the PvP is great.But for someone like myself who uses it to escape from PvE now and then it isn't bad.

    And as for the end game.This is first and formost a PvE game lol.his last statement made me 100% sure he is a noob....

  • SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Towson, MDPosts: 277Member

    many souls to choose from, but PvP balance sux, that's why I didn't continue playing

  • krityckrityc baton rouge, LAPosts: 177Member

    Very bad impression on pvp.

    My warrior leads the boards in kills and damage in every scenario.

    l2play vs cry

    [(T+G=W)=Gr*Nf]-S=FoF
    T=Time G=Gear W=Win Gr=Grind Nf=NoFun S=Skill FoF=FullofFail


    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's azz by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?" - Tommy Boy


  • gainesvilleggainesvilleg Gainesville, FLPosts: 1,053Member

    Originally posted by korndog22

    I want to appologize to the people reading this thread on behalf of the Rift Community. This guy has no sense of Rift PvP.To be Honest it is unbalanced , but no where near the way the OP is claiming.I would assume he is a button smasher and tried rolling all classes just to find out he was bad at everything .

     

                    So lets clear everything up.PvP is actually kinda balanced atm.It probably won't get any better than it is now.Which isn't great , but not so bad .

                    Healers ....Cleric : No one wants to heal as a cleric in Rift PvP.Why ? because they nerfed healing in PvP a couple months ago.They give debuffs to cut your heals down because everyone was crying that "Healing was OP". Some still do . but it is not easy.You are extremely squishy , and once you get Raid marked as a healer its lights out for you if you get near anyone on the opposing side.

     

                                      Chloro: People do seem to like to do a Chloro hybrid build in PvP.They have good group heals ( Even with the debuff) and are capable of good AoE dmg. Mages in general are glass cannons and will get there ass handed to them quickly when getting beat on.

     

                                      Rogue: Ranger Builds are absolutely lethal .They are ranged DPS, that hit very hard .Other Rogue Builds do suffer , but you are not supposed to try to go toe to toe with another melee.You sneak and zerg nodes.or sneak arround and help team mates finish off opposing players.If you are a ranger you can zap someone before they even get close to you.

     

                                     Warriors : Are currently the most powerful in the game in PvP .They can melee you down in just a couple seconds .Any other class with in striking distance is toast ( They are actually so powerful  that Trion has reverted all there previous changes (Buffs ) on the PTS to try to figure out how to balance them.You will hear the most qq on the Rift forums about warriors...used to be Clerics.

    So everything the OP has stated is completely backwards which makes me wonder what game he is playing .I didn't mention Melee clerics BTW , but theyd o ok.Kinda middle of the road as of right now.Most Justicar Builds can't kill you , but are extremely tough to kill.Often used as a distraction tactic.

     

                      I play all aspects of Rift and will never claim the PvP is great.But for someone like myself who uses it to escape from PvE now and then it isn't bad.

    And as for the end game.This is first and formost a PvE game lol.his last statement made me 100% sure he is a noob....

     

    I have played many MMO's and lived through many nerfs, they usually don't bother me you learn to adapt.  But the problem with the Rift developers is some of their nerfs just completely ruin a class.  I was playing an assassin hybrid in Rift and, although underpowered both in offense and survivability (Warrior way superior on both counts) I didn't really mind, as the stealth aspect of the assassin is what makes assassins fun.

    But a couple months ago the Rift developers made assassin stealth completely worthless with a simple 10 point PVP cleric skill that rendered the rogue unable to stealth.  And this cleric skill is on a mere 30 sec cooldown.  So basically the assassin, with gimped offensive skills, no survivability, now basically had no stealth to fall back on either.  That isn't a nerf, it is eliminating the class altogether.  I hate playing ranged characters which is the only real viable option for Rogues now.

    Needless to say, I cancelled my subscription a day later and have never looked back.  That type of nerf just tells me they are either completely clueless, or else they wanted a game without stealth anymore.  Either way, that is not a game for me...

    GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

  • HamlethHamleth Aix en ProvencePosts: 26Member

    Rift's pvp is completely dull and repetitive. All the game is a clone of the Master, without the dungeons of Wow, of EQ or of Vanguard, craft is boring, and pve is also repetitive. Maps are small, when you have a 50 char you don't' want to start another one. I have a 50 char, started another, and stopped. thinking about coming back to war(...) or even to Aion. 

  • drbaltazardrbaltazar drummondville, QCPosts: 7,987Member

    mm not all mage are = warlock are fairly powerfull not sure yet of the necro but so far it take so long to do anything that your dead before you can counter,but warlock with against most class are hard to kill ,but they do have their natural enemy (assasin)and (void night)

  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Boring, TXPosts: 1,174Member Uncommon

    Seen worse.

  • JuggerzJuggerz ChelmsfordPosts: 76Member

    its never been 'balanced'

  • Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member

    Originally posted by Thendil

    nobody does rift raids, dungeon raids, T1 or T2 dungeons in this game.

     

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Funniest thing i read all morning...

    The majority of the playerbase runs nothing but pve content in this game.

     

    Playing:

    Waiting on:

  • pedrostrikpedrostrik lisboaPosts: 391Member

    Originally posted by Beacker

    My friends and I are huge pvper's we left Aion for Rift. We rolled on a pvp server at launch and hit 50 quick. We found pvp to be dull. Such as going to attack people and they would ask you to let them be to pve or they would just call you names. It was just sad that all these people rolled a pvp server and would cry and moan for you not to kill them. They best excuse I got was this: (We were both 50 too)

    Player-Don't kill me

    Me: (dumbfounded) Okay? Why?

    Player: I am downloading something on Steam right now ( I attack) WTF ARE YOU DOING STOP.

    Stuff like that Rift is not an open world pvp game.People treat it as PVE. Everyone just does the warfronts and that gets boring. Open PVP FTW but it is garbage in Rift.

    at least you have some nice sieges on some servers(spatalos) in AION, and some world pvp, the problem its people on west its too lazy and whine about under gear they have, and some more excuses to avoid pvp, and everygame new avoids free world pvp or they will loose to many costumers (those western carebears).

  • alkarionlogalkarionlog SPosts: 1,125Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Beacker

    My friends and I are huge pvper's we left Aion for Rift. We rolled on a pvp server at launch and hit 50 quick. We found pvp to be dull. Such as going to attack people and they would ask you to let them be to pve or they would just call you names. It was just sad that all these people rolled a pvp server and would cry and moan for you not to kill them. They best excuse I got was this: (We were both 50 too)

    Player-Don't kill me

    Me: (dumbfounded) Okay? Why?

    Player: I am downloading something on Steam right now ( I attack) WTF ARE YOU DOING STOP.

    Stuff like that Rift is not an open world pvp game.People treat it as PVE. Everyone just does the warfronts and that gets boring. Open PVP FTW but it is garbage in Rift.

    sorry kid you say you are a pvper but you choose a game with the pvp like wow, one shot kill things,  not really any balance, I did play rift with warrior and scout, both worked the same way, aim on one thing HK it hinse and repeat.

     

    but yes a lot of western players are too afraid to pvp, and anyone who have any will to invest a little of time to learn how to play in pvp can do short work on half server.

    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    image

  • catlanacatlana Houston, TXPosts: 1,677Member

    Originally posted by krityc

    Very bad impression on pvp.

    My warrior leads the boards in kills and damage in every scenario.

    l2play vs cry

    Yeah, the OP just must be awful. My little r6 warrior is a lot of fun.   

  • nightfallrobnightfallrob Prescott Valley, AZPosts: 167Member

    Originally posted by Portland

    The pvp in this game is even more unbalanced than all other mmorpg´s togheter. You can play a healer or a chloromancer/warlock mage like almost everyone does at the moment or your just cannon fodder and free favor for others.

    Play a Rogue and simply die on everything your attacking, nobody will fear you, your a free kill for everyone. Rogue is no frightening classin RIFT, its worse than a wet noodle on the table....

    The disparity with Rogues has been acknowledged by Trion and they are being buffed with the next update.

    Play a Warrior and be dependant on a chealer or your in the same boat than the Rogue. Warriors are good for PvE as Tank but they just die in PvP.

    Everyone is dependent on a healer, largely due to the damage that warriors and mages dish out. Why would warriors and rogues be any different?

    I have never seen any other game with more Selfheals than RIFT. Attacking a Cleric means that your usually dead and the cleric at full HP and his HoTs are still running.

     The self-heals a cleric uses are 99% single target heals, which means if they're healing themselves they can't heal someone else. Part of the strategy in winning is to force the healer to focus on themselves so they can't keep the rest of the warfront up. Also, Rift features more interrupts and CC options than any other game I've ever heard of and those shut down clerics swiftly.

    Clerics can heal from 1% HP to 100% in less than 2 sec over and over, they have shields, debuffs, AoE´s everything.

     Clerics can heal themselves quickly by using the same single target heal combinations that they use on others to keep them up. Only warriors have 10k + hitpoints that a cleric can't top off.

    Dont play this game if you want to PvP and be a Rogue or Warrior. Be Warned ! Only classes that can heal are good for PvP. you will face 80% healing classes in PvP Warfronts if your going the Mellee way. Frustration is guaranteed trust me.

    If you want fun in PvP play a Cleric or a Mage

    For PvE you can play what you want..... nobody cares about PvE in the endgame

     Once again, the moral of the story remains the same: learn to play instead of complain.

     

  • nightfallrobnightfallrob Prescott Valley, AZPosts: 167Member

    at least you have some nice sieges on some servers(spatalos) in AION, and some world pvp, the problem its people on west its too lazy and whine about under gear they have, and some more excuses to avoid pvp, and everygame new avoids free world pvp or they will loose to many costumers (those western carebears).

     

    Um, actually, a lot of the newer games offer the option of PvP or non-PvP oriented servers so that those of us who want to participate in open world PvP can. Rift's open world PvP is admittedly weak, but you can get some great battles centered around the PvP Rifts on a PvP server. Where Rift's open world PvP really fails is the inability to attack capital cities (the guards at each capital are currently unkillable).

    As for people whining about being under-geared, while I agree they shouldn't whine they aren't necessarily lazy, they just have lives. Unlike you, apparently...

  • pierthpierth San Antonio, TXPosts: 1,503Member

    Originally posted by Hamleth

    Rift's pvp is completely dull and repetitive. All the game is a clone of the Master, without the dungeons of Wow, of EQ or of Vanguard, craft is boring, and pve is also repetitive. Maps are small, when you have a 50 char you don't' want to start another one. I have a 50 char, started another, and stopped. thinking about coming back to war(...) or even to Aion. 

    This is more spot on than the OP's post. Rift's PvP was fun and a great alternative to grinding quests all the way to 50- but at cap the gear disparity really shows and large groups/guilds sync queueing in duos to bypass the group queue times really send it all into the toilet at 50.

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.