Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My last hope"Skyrim" went up in smoke after seeing last demo:(

GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Sure it looks not bad  for console and its prolly still a good game but come on its 2011 it should have a pc version showing awesome graphics, instead it show mediocre graphics on a inferior xbox, Its not only a consoleport(last demo showned on xbox) but also steamgame.

And all reviews and videos are xbox 360 and Tod Howard is liar by saying game is made for todays pc's hardware with newest techniques?

No quadcore no DX11 no 2011 pc, but its build for a 6year old xbox:(

Sure i can play offlinemode but only if i install and updated through steam or no play at all.

They became great company today becouse of pc gamers but money rules so they abandon pc for inferior consoles:(

PC is even more dead then i thought, soon in 2012 still have newly released games for DX9.0c and OS xp build games:(

Comments

• SKdragonSKdragon Member Posts: 101

If you judge this game only because of graphics, your not worthy enough to play this epic game.

Good graphics or not, the gameplay will be beast just like the previous TES games.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Graphics don't make a game thats true.

Also, what did you expect the game is going to be on Xbox PS3 and PC, that means it has to be able to be played on all three.

The modding community of TES games will for sure mod it to make it look AMAZING on PC shortly after release.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Didn't people say the same thing about Deus Ex HR because it was a console port as well after all the previous games being PC but from all that I have read the game is still good so I would'nt be so quick to judge as others have already stated.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

I fail to have one negative to say after watching the twenty minute demo.

I don't care what directX version it uses, I don't care if it uses all of my cores.

The game looks and plays that good on 360? then ill be golden on my PC.

Bring on Nov 11th.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I love Bethesda, and I believe they could do much better overall and fully support the PC version, but it makes sense for them to save money, knowing full well that the extraordinary modding community will make their games ever more better for free...

The consoles can only do so much, very little compared to PCs, but they sadly must support the inferior platforms more because there are better sales there!  Not everyone has a PC capable of playing their games...

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by SKdragon

If you judge this game only because of graphics, your not worthy enough to play this epic game.

Good graphics or not, the gameplay will be beast just like the previous TES games.

You misunderstood me but thats ok your prolly console gamer who dont mind that pc gamers get a console port.

Console ports are for most of time symplified version ported to PC with inferior graphics(as i said graphics are good for console but PC should have had alot better graphics then these). And im fed up with consoleports.

Im also entiled to my opinion i specifically placed it in PC section not your beloved console section.

I played btw Elder Scroll sinds 98 when i bought Daggerfall, Morrowind(my best untill now) and Oblivion already way to easy and console but still good game becouse of mods.

• mf16mf16 Member UncommonPosts: 65

games looks epic and graphics look great not sure what your complaing about? don't worry games will push your apparent over the top pc one day but why make a game a select few can play for, to me, minor improvements on graphics the game looks gorgeous and better than 90% of games out there and they did it for LESS so if anythig i fail to see the real problem graphics to make an important role in a game but def not a game breaker and these graphics are NOTHING to complain about and like above poster said im sure someone will mod it as well.

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

Deus Ex - HR supports DX11 and multifiltering as well as anti-aliasing, so the graphics and lighting effects are far superior on PC over the console versions. Although it is sad that DX11 isn't supported, it won't mean the graphics will be bad, just means it won't be as stream lined as it is in PC / more heavily polished releases. 

As previous replies indicated, the strength of TES titles isn't necessarily ground-breaking graphics but amazing gameplay and rediculous amounts of content, which as far as the information/press releases would indicate will be outstanding. Besides, if your machine is strong enough that you are whining about a non DX11 supported title release, it is probably more than capable of running everything in high resolution with gorgeous texturing so it should still look really nice even if it is a little behind as far as graphic standards are concerned.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Graphics dont makes good game.  Just look a minecraft lol.  I have faith in bethesday, the whole elder scrolls series has been phenomenal, the best RPG series of all time.  I expect Skyrim to be the same.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Until they say they are omitting the option to change such features in the PC version (like it's always been), I wouldn't assume it's going to fly as low as the TRC on an Xbox.

In my opinion, what they are doing is setting a lower set of expectations by showing it off on the bottom-end system. If they showed amazing shit on PC, who is going to get pissed off?... the console kids.

"why did they spend so much time on the PC version, gaaaah!!!"

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by GTwander

If they showed amazing shit on PC, who is going to get pissed off?... the console kids.

Actually thats a good thing though, show them console fools what the game looks like on a proper system and make them jealous....heh 

I'm surprised that Bethesda doesn't have it in with dozens of PC component manufacturers when they convince people to upgrade their PCs to play their games...LOL

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

So long as it doesn't look worse than Oblivion and it runs well on release I really don't care, should be a good game.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

People, stop saying graphics doesn't matter. We all know it does. A little less for some, much more for others.

Of course, gameplay is more important, but a good game consists of two biggest things - good gameplay and good graphics.

On the other hand, the graphics of Skyrim look fantastic, at least from what i've seen in videos..

Seems like skyrim will be that big thing in RPG gaming, i think the last good rpg i played was gothic2.

• c4_Garudac4_Garuda Member Posts: 77

Did you bother to read requirements?

Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Core 2 Quad 3 GHz

RAM: 3 GB

HDD: 15 GB free disk space

Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory

Supported Graphics Cards:

Minimum – 8800 GT

Recommanded – Geforce GTX 460/Radeon 5850

On highest detail with this hardware it will look amazing and if you still dont like it then to hell with you.

"To be a rock and not to roll..."

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

I don't really get it..

The grapichs i saw on another video where amazing. The version on xbox will be downgraded. the ps3 version will be better, the pc version will be even better. the grapichs will be beast either way. (HD tv's etc savey?)

Why so much console hate ... ive been to multiple forums today in wich ive seen threads going raaawwwr consoles suck and vice versa. (buying Skyrim on the PC because i just bought a new beastie :) ) but i play console asswell i dont understand where all the hate is comming from.

Edit : Gameplay  > grapichs for any game. This one will ahve bought the gameplay with amazing looks :D

• SgtFabulousSgtFabulous Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Groovydutch

Good graphics or not, the gameplay will be beast just like the previous TES games, Now piss off you graphic boy.

You misunderstood me but thats ok your prolly console gamer who dont mind that pc gamers get a console port.

Console ports are for most of time symplified version ported to PC with inferior graphics(as i said graphics are good for console but PC should have had alot better graphics then these). And im fed up with consoleports.

Im also entiled to my opinion i specifically placed it in PC section not your beloved console section.

I played btw Elder Scroll sinds 98 when i bought Daggerfall, Morrowind(my best untill now) and Oblivion already way to easy and console but still good game becouse of mods.

Are you for real? Oblivion absolutely NOT a console port. You can tell right away by the absolute lackluster fps on the 360, and the way you had to navigate through the map - A MOUSE CURSOR. If they made the game for the consoles, it would have been much more 'simplified'. Just because they're making the game interface easier to navigate and more intuitive, doesn't mean they're all of a sudden going for consoles.

TL:DR  stop whining, I know your going to buy the damn game anyway so this thread is useless.

EDIT: Also, for god sake take a grammar course please, for your own benefit.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by Asheram

Didn't people say the same thing about Deus Ex HR because it was a console port as well after all the previous games being PC but from all that I have read the game is still good so I would'nt be so quick to judge as others have already stated.

The PC version of Deus Ex HR being great is a rare anomaly in cross-platform releases.  That the devs for that game took the time to actually do it right still astounds me (in a positive way).  The standard trend is still half-assed ports for the PC, just because Deus Ex HR got it right doesn't mean, "All is right in the world" in cross platform ports with the PC.  Some disgustingly to the point that on tutorials on the PC version, I'm being told to hit x-box controller buttons.

Of the big-name cross-platform releases within a year from now, BF3 is the only one where the real heart of effort is the PC version.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_XNA

You know, they develop for xbox360 on a free sdk, then they port to ps3 and pc. That way they are sure it's going to work on all system. Is not that pc is dead, is just that the market is wider than only pc.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Good graphics or not, the gameplay will be beast just like the previous TES games, Now piss off you graphic boy.

It's not JUST about graphics,it's about a develoeprs "effort".if they choose to cut corners then you can darn well bet they cut corners on the entire game,something i don't like to support.Now when you see great grahpics,then you know that developer went that extra mile to deliver a good game.

I have not seen an outrageously bad effort from good graphic games,but i have seen many from cheap graphic games.Now i will say that i pl;ayed and enjoyed FFXI a very low graphic game,but they did at least put some effort into the textures.Example look at textures used on trees or rock in WOW,it is laughable and shows what a pathetic effort was puit into it.

I might want to add that experts more knowledgeable than me in the field,say that it is easier to achieve better graphics on console than it is on PC.There is however other benefits on PC,example various settings more throughput/bandwidth ect ect.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Aguitha

Graphics dont makes good game.  Just look a minecraft lol.  I have faith in bethesday, the whole elder scrolls series has been phenomenal, the best RPG series of all time.  I expect Skyrim to be the same.

True, but I still can't shake the feeling that the X.box is dragging down the PC games with old technology... 

No wonder console games takes players when it looks the same even though it shouldn't.

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

The graphics on display in the demo vids look fine. My actual concerns relate to game play. Observing the streamlined mechanics I have begun to question if the game is still an in depth RPG or really more of an action game with a few skills played in a sand box. The UI also leaves some questions. It looks perfect for a console controller but I haven't seen any of the options like customizable hot keys I've come to expect from a PC game and I can't assume they are there based on video coverage. It also seems to require a pause in play to alternate abilities. I am starting to wonder if I'd need to consider buying a game controller to enjoy it at this point...

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

This shit again? Like the consolekiddies whining about BF3 footage. Who gives a shit? It looks good as it is, if the PC version looks better, that's great if not who gives a shit. We all know the PC version is going to be the superior one considering we've got an awsome modding community. So sit back and relax, act like the proud PC gamers we are and watch as the console kiddies fumble in their ignorance.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by Wizardry

Now when you see great grahpics,then you know that developer went that extra mile to deliver a good game.

I have not seen an outrageously bad effort from good graphic games,but i have seen many from cheap graphic games.Now i will say that i pl;ayed and enjoyed FFXI a very low graphic game,but they did at least put some effort into the textures.Example look at textures used on trees or rock in WOW,it is laughable and shows what a pathetic effort was puit into it.

I might want to add that experts more knowledgeable than me in the field,say that it is easier to achieve better graphics on console than it is on PC.There is however other benefits on PC,example various settings more throughput/bandwidth ect ect.

FFXIV says hi. Good graphics don't mean shit when it comes to the effort the developers put into making a great game.

The comparison to WoW is pretty stupid considering they knew that if the game had cutting edge graphics then it would probably flop because most people wouldn't be able to run it on their computer.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Op, if you are just sort of "adding up" some obligatory list of features in order to judge something worthy then you are really approaching this game from the wrong end.

My first thought is that you haven't actually watched the demos with a careful eye because besides the art design being beautiful (my opinion) the "graphics" are extremely good.

Heck, I've been continuallly playing oblvion, a "how many year old?" game and everyone i show it to remarkes how beautiful the graphics are.

So I feel fairly confident that the pc version of the game will scale quite nicely as well.

From what I can see you are just ticking off some list of must haves without actually experiencing the game for yourself.

perhaps some patience.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Thanks for the heads up, OP.  Unlike the hardcore fans, I'm interested in Skyrim, but it's not the second coming for me so I've only been following it loosely.  Now that I know that it's a console port, it's enough to make me wait a few weeks to see how fucked it is and if the modding community can make it worth my time to even bother installing it.  It was going to be a day one purchase for me.

Ports nearly always suck if you're a PC gamer, whether people can bring themselves to acknowledge it or not.  The only question is how bad the suckage will be.  I'll let the throngs be my guinea pigs before I lay down any more cash on a possible gimp version.