Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Third Anniversary Celebration

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Kai Schober has penned a new blog post on the Warhammer Online site laying out the celebratory activities and rewards for the game's third anniversary.

For the next ten days, players will be able to take advantage of double XP and RP. In addition, the team has new veteran rewards with some fun twists:

• Jack O Lantern Vanity Pet – An exclusive pet for players that is available in four different colors.  This awesome seasonally themed pet is available only through the veteran rewards program.

• Endless Chaos Black Dye – This item will give you an endless supply of Chaos Black dye to deck out your armor in style!

• Endless Blazing Orange Dye – This item will give you an endless supply of Blazing Orange dye to make you stand out in battle, plus the color is perfect for the season!

Lastly, Schroeber writes that fortresses are on the way in the near future and the Demon Moon will be rising again very soon.

Read the full post on the Warhammer Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PolypropylenPolypropylen Member Posts: 30
    They should go F2P....those 500players still playing this game...lol!
  • Duster505Duster505 Member Posts: 66

Worst managed sub MMO on the market? 

Most starved game in terms of finance considering the IP?

Worst dev team in the buisness atm ? 

Least amount of content any game has released in 3 years ?

Most features removed from a MMO game in the past 5 years ?

Shall I go on ?  Cause the list is much longer.

The only positive.

Only MMO game that focuses on PVP over PVE.  And the result ?  Lack of funds to create new content leading to dead game. 

Now...  Learn from it.

• AlanthusAlanthus Member Posts: 119

They're already putting stats enhancements in the cash shop even with the sub fee, can't imagine what they'd have there with F2P :(

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

I'd rather it die than go f2p.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by Duster505

Worst managed sub MMO on the market? 

Most starved game in terms of finance considering the IP?

Least amount of content any game has released in 3 years ?

Most features removed from a MMO game in the past 5 years ?

Shall I go on ?  Cause the list is much longer.

The only positive.

Only MMO game that focuses on PVP over PVE.  And the result ?  Lack of funds to create new content leading to dead game. 

Now...  Learn from it.

DAoC

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

i pay, and play, for pvp, this is the game, at least in a non ffa enviroment. for pve...im still lost...

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

*cries* guess that says enough

• SpallieroSpalliero Member Posts: 147

CRINGE!!!

They can't be serious, 3rd anniversary collectors edition?! Are they on some kind of halucinigens?

Sic Luceat Lux

• ohsofresh42ohsofresh42 Member Posts: 68

why hasn't gamesworkshop yanked the IP from EA/Mythic?

All that hype leading up to launch ends in a giant thud!

I'd love to see their financial numbers!

How many paying subs do they really have?

Skeleton crew dev team

how many times has RvR been "revamped"?

so many questions to ponder why this game has failed so miserably I doubt even free to play would save it, if it was even possible to implament

But I give them credit for lasting 3 years, doubt it will last much longer, EA is bound to pull the plug on this disaster eventually

as has been said before.... shoulda just made it DAOC 2

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

great IP, former great team, tons of hype and lets see how they ended up....with a crappy ultraeasy game instead of Daoc 2 with Warhammer skin.

Does anyone know, why they didn't want it to be DaoC 2?

Seeing WoH makes me poke I really hope GW will pull the IP from them soon.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

If you like Warhammer's RvR, play TOR when it comes out. BioWare owns Mythic now, y'know.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Originally posted by Scambug

WAR isn't a disaster. In my book it has more worth than games like Rift, AoC, TOR etc... which are all blatant WoW clones, down to the most insignificant detail.

At least WAR tried something different and as far as I'm concerned, it still has one of the best PvP in any MMO today.

agreed with this. I wish the game could get some revival like DDO did

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by Comnitus

If you like Warhammer's RvR, play TOR when it comes out. BioWare owns Mythic now, y'know.

well technicaly i think its EA that owns Bioware and Mythic?

and yes i think out of all the pvp experiences i have ever had WAR had that down pat. they just made the mistake of thinking that 24/7 pvp with some questing to level up would be enough.

a game needs more than one element to keep players actively coming back. one of those things is an economy with meaningful crafting. another would be a larger pve game.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• SugardadSugardad Member Posts: 11

the only mmo thats actually fun to play for a while is WAR, my god are the others boring.... ive tried so hard to find a new one, but it fails every single time.

• xpanderxpander Member Posts: 13

WAR is still live and kicking, EU servers at least are pretty active in all tiers when u play on primetime ofc. theres plenty of openRvR action going on. sadly there is not enaugh new content do the game.

but 1.4.5 should introduce fortresses in new way again. so there is little hope to go back after the patch is deployed.

with WAR i usually play like 1-2 months. then i quit due the lack of content..but there is really no new modern game with such a good pvp, so i allways tend to go back to WAR at some time.

• KanoRainKanoRain Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by Duster505

Just fyi war has no dev team left.  The full mythic team from WAR is working on SWTOR, and they work on WAR in very SPARE time.

Originally posted by Deleted User

So much of the game is centered around forced grouping that soloing is not an option, major design flaw in my opinion.

^
    ^lol

• KanoRainKanoRain Member Posts: 94

WAR isn't a disaster. In my book it has more worth than games like Rift, AoC, TOR etc... which are all blatant WoW clones, down to the most insignificant detail.

At least WAR tried something different and as far as I'm concerned, it still has one of the best PvP in any MMO today.

How is AoC a wow clone in ANY shape or form?

Originally posted by Deleted User

So much of the game is centered around forced grouping that soloing is not an option, major design flaw in my opinion.

^
    ^lol

• xpanderxpander Member Posts: 13

WAR dev team is not working on SWTOR.

picture from bloggers visit: http://a.yfrog.com/img740/5223/55qp.jpg

4 bloggers + devteam, some engineers not on the picture also.

so its even bigger..but they work on WoH and WAR. And prolly more steam goes to WoH project than WAR

• FailFail Member Posts: 34

what really saddens me, that the Warhammer 40k MMO is making the same wrong decisions as people over at Mythic did about Warhammer... because leaving no room for role play when its basically for fans of a game, which is about role play? oh really?

Originally posted by KanoRain

How is AoC a wow clone in ANY shape or form?

Yeah this post made me pretty much just go

*blinks*

*boggles*

really?  Have you actually played WoW or AoC?  lol, I'll grant that Rift is a lot like WoW but in all honesty to me Rift felt more like playing Warhammer than anything else :P

War PvP is only good if you like gear based PvP where you can mash your face against the keyboard and beat people who don't have as good of gear as you do.  For myself I prefer skill based PvP where everyone's gear is around the same and your actions and skill determine the outcome.  Not simply stacking up stats and auto-winning like War has :/

Hate to say blah but if I was still in Warhammer now they are saying I would get endless black dye, which I already have.  Yet another vanity pet that disappears the moment you enter RvR area or are RvR flagged with is 99.99999% of the time ingame, hehe.

ARGHH!  Add a true 3rd faction and the game might have a rebirth.  Or even better make a new server type where the six races are all broken up into six or three seperate factions and I bet there would be some influx of new players and returning players.

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

Originally posted by ZoeMcCloskey

Hate to say blah but if I was still in Warhammer now they are saying I would get endless black dye, which I already have.  Yet another vanity pet that disappears the moment you enter RvR area or are RvR flagged with is 99.99999% of the time ingame, hehe.

ARGHH!  Add a true 3rd faction and the game might have a rebirth.  Or even better make a new server type where the six races are all broken up into six or three seperate factions and I bet there would be some influx of new players and returning players.

I'd come back for that.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

You'r post died there.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

really?  Have you actually played WoW or AoC?  lol, I'll grant that Rift is a lot like WoW but in all honesty to me Rift felt more like playing Warhammer than anything else :P

War PvP is only good if you like gear based PvP where you can mash your face against the keyboard and beat people who don't have as good of gear as you do.  For myself I prefer skill based PvP where everyone's gear is around the same and your actions and skill determine the outcome.  Not simply stacking up stats and auto-winning like War has :/

Actually that is wrong, at least untill endgame/T4, in war you are most able to kill someone with a full set when you still are wearing green items "self experience" so no, the gear makes a important role yeah, but if you suck hard at controling the char or just cant combine the skills properly in a fight, no gear will save you, regarding T4 yeah, you can be powned very very hard, but with luck you can support your High geared allies and in time get suchs armors, so in the end you just need time/experience/allies, the game is Far to be a pvp gear based.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

lol is this fail game actually still alive?

Well Gratz and third anniversary